Default when does boating season start for you?

me? about april 15...put the batteries back in the boat...new zincs,
etc....get her ready for launch. depending on weather, launch her that
weekend or a week or 2 after....

On Jan 13, 7:27*pm, bpuharic wrote:
me? about april 15...put the batteries back in the boat...new zincs,
etc....get her ready for launch. depending on weather, launch her that
weekend or a week or 2 after....

We're about a month after you... except for the 'real fisherman'. I
believe their season starts in April just after the ice melts on the
lakes.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:27:05 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

me? about april 15...put the batteries back in the boat...new zincs,
etc....get her ready for launch. depending on weather, launch her that
weekend or a week or 2 after....

April is about right. Even if the weather hasn't warmed up, the urge to get out there is strong -
even in a coat.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 13, 5:27*pm, bpuharic wrote:
me? about april 15...put the batteries back in the boat...new zincs,
etc....get her ready for launch. depending on weather, launch her that
weekend or a week or 2 after....

I'd say if all goes well, that's about my time too.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 23:50:11 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:27:05 -0500, bpuharic wrote:

me? about april 15...put the batteries back in the boat...new zincs,
etc....get her ready for launch. depending on weather, launch her that
weekend or a week or 2 after....

Does it stop? ;-)

===

We were out yesterday, really nice weather.

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:37:05 -0500, wrote:

We saw a pretty nice boat out there by Coon Key the other day.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/nice%20boat.jpg

===

That's OK if you like that sort of thing. I prefer something a
little more traditional and less plastic:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...verglades.jpg/

On 1/14/12 11:14 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:37:05 -0500, wrote:

We saw a pretty nice boat out there by Coon Key the other day.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/nice%20boat.jpg

===

That's OK if you like that sort of thing. I prefer something a
little more traditional and less plastic:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...verglades.jpg/

What's with all the antennas? I thought one of the purposes of boating
was to "get away from it all." There's at least a half-dozen antennas on
that boat.

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 11:25:46 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

There's at least a half-dozen antennas on
that boat.

===

Actually quite a few more than that. I took down one of my high gain
WiFi antennas recently and replaced it with a weather station sensor.
Since that also contains a GPS receiver I suppose it still counts as
an antenna however.