Don White

Default Boating season winding down?

We moved the Mirage 33 from our 'summer club' in St. Margaret's Bay to a
friends cottage at a small harbour just outside our home harbour. We could
have taken the boat all the way to our home club but the skipper wanted to
break up the trip.
Due to light winds, we cranked the diesel up for most of the way.
The water was very smooth and the worst swells were only about 2 feet. This
was a surprise as we cut through the infamous
'Sambro channel' where the outer ledges usually create a rolling, pitching
ride.
As we passed the site of the Swissair crash five years ago, we remembered
that fateful night. Hard to believe it's that long already.
The trip took six beautiful sunny hours although the breeze got quite cool
as the afternoon wore on.
Next will be a short 2.5 hour sail back to the Squadron sometime this week.
We have the Halifax International Airshow to look forward to. The skipper
likes to anchor off the old naval airbase where the show takes place.

To Anyone & Everyone New To Boating Capt. Frank Hopkins General 8 August 23rd 03 12:28 AM
**FINALLY** went boating today! YEAH!!!! frank news General 0 August 14th 03 10:36 PM
Boating Classes NRUSPS General 0 August 8th 03 06:27 PM
Unlike the political posters, I went boating. Calif Bill General 5 August 4th 03 07:07 PM
Summer Basic Boating Classes in New York City JRTAUBER General 0 July 16th 03 07:04 PM