BoatBanter.com

-   -   Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/158306-higher-gun-ownership-equals-higher-rate-homicide.html)

Mr. Luddite[_2_] September 18th 13 11:13 PM

Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:39:15 -0400, BAR wrote:

What is the difference between a car nut and a gun nut?

Car nuts kill moire people

More gun nuts kill on purpose than car nuts kill on purpose.

-------------------

Hmmm.... do I want to be killed by someone doing it on purpose or not
on purpose?
Dead is dead.

Mr. Luddite[_2_] September 18th 13 11:17 PM

Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

"Boating All Out" wrote in message

In article ,
says...

With the "general public," I think guns are more and more looked
upon as
- excuse the analogy, but it works - cigarettes.
They are found to be increasingly unacceptable.
Like cigarettes, guns won't go away, but will be more highly taxed,
regulated, and suppressed.
And it will make a difference in innocent deaths.
But the NRA will do all they can to keep that from happening.

I hear Starbucks suggested that patrons leave their guns outside.
Waiting for NRA reaction.
Probably have gun nuts boycott Starbucks, just like Jesse Jackson or
Al
Sharpton would do for their "causes."
Maybe write nasty letters to Starbucks too.
Maybe even hold a shoot-in.
Anyway, I'm feeling a little bit psychic. Just a little.

-------------------------------

For those who conceal carry, it's safer for everyone concerned to keep
it on your person.
Leaving it "outside" (i.e. in the car) makes it more susceptible to
being stolen by someone who shouldn't have it.

Mr. Luddite[_2_] September 18th 13 11:24 PM

Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

On 9/18/13 5:31 PM, Boating All Out wrote:

Even worse. I had Walmart pizza for lunch.
Didn't know that many businesses bar firearms in SC.
Now it's Starbucks, but they're only "suggesting" you keep your
firearms
at home.
Though I don't go to Starbucks, I understand they're a big outfit.
Their "suggesting" reminds me of how it went with cigarettes.
Started with something like "We appreciate if you don't smoke here."
We'll see if the NRA responds. Maybe they figure they should keep
their
traps shut on this one.

Maybe Starbucks wants to try to avoid a massacre like that one the gun
nut committed in Seattle a few years ago at Cafe Racer.

-------------------------------

The whole thing is stupid. Let's assume some nutcase decides he's
going to shoot up a bunch of people. He decides Starbucks would be a
good place because it's always crowded. Maybe he's even a ****ed off
former employee of Starbucks. So, he gathers his gun, drives to the
local Starbucks, gets to the door and ..... Damm! He can't go in.
They don't allow guns.

Boating All Out September 19th 13 12:49 AM

Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

In article , "Mr.
Luddite" says...

-------------------------------

The whole thing is stupid. Let's assume some nutcase decides he's
going to shoot up a bunch of people. He decides Starbucks would be a
good place because it's always crowded. Maybe he's even a ****ed off
former employee of Starbucks. So, he gathers his gun, drives to the
local Starbucks, gets to the door and ..... Damm! He can't go in.
They don't allow guns.

hehe. Well done.

iBoaterer[_3_] September 19th 13 12:57 PM

Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

Perhaps the NRA doesn't give a **** one way or the other.

Just don't seem right letting NRA members, and honest, upright gun-
owners be treated like smokers.
Just don't seem right.
If the NRA won't stand up for the right for a legal and upright gun
owner to have a cup of coffee with his legal gun on his hip, who will?
Treating a gun-owner like you would a smoker! Disgraceful!
It ain't right, I'm telling you, it just ain't right.
What if somebody comes in to shoot the place up, and kill everybody?
Hell, that just happened in that DC Navy yard.
But I'm willing to give the NRA a chance here. It's still early.

Private businesses have the right to deny service to anyone they want.

iBoaterer[_3_] September 19th 13 12:59 PM

Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 12:47:40 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:39:15 -0400, BAR wrote:

What is the difference between a car nut and a gun nut?

Car nuts kill moire people

More gun nuts kill on purpose than car nuts kill on purpose.

Define "on purpose"

Speeding, failing to yield right of way, running red lights,
aggressive driving, driving drunk?

Oh, for ****'s sake. How many people do you think buy a damned car
thinking, I'm going to use this to kill someone.....?

iBoaterer[_3_] September 19th 13 01:00 PM

Higher gun ownership equals higher rate of homicide

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:51:52 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

What might that "significant" number be, expressed as a percentage of
those killed in vehicular accidents?

That is hard to measure since the act is not as overt as hanging
yourself or eating a gun

Driving 100 MPH on a winding road may mean you are having the "be or
not to be" moment but you are just leaving the answer up to chance and
luck.
Toss some alcohol in there and it even becomes murkier.

Cops, families and insurance companies are reluctant to call it
anything but an accident.

Yeah, people buy cars with the intent to use the car to hurt or kill
people.... Sheesh.....

Mr. Luddite[_2_] September 19th 13 01:08 PM

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:39:15 -0400, BAR wrote:

What is the difference between a car nut and a gun nut?

Car nuts kill moire people

More gun nuts kill on purpose than car nuts kill on purpose.

Define "on purpose"

Speeding, failing to yield right of way, running red lights,
aggressive driving, driving drunk?

Oh, for ****'s sake. How many people do you think buy a damned car
thinking, I'm going to use this to kill someone.....?

Probably about as many as people who buy a gun for the unique purpose
of killing someone.

Mr. Luddite[_2_] September 19th 13 01:16 PM

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

[...]

Uh, yes, as long as it's not in violation of any specific Civil
Rights law, i.e. racial discrimination, etc. Anyone can be
determined to be persona non grata at the discretion of the business
owner if he/she feels that person is or may be disruptive to the
business.