news.verizon.net

Default Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would be
my first purchase.

Steve Barker

What is "low" hours? Less than 50 would be low. Any more, and the price is
too high. I'd go $5,000 if the tires on the trailer are new.

--
Steve
=======================
"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would be
my first purchase.

Harry Krause

news.verizon.net wrote:

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would be
my first purchase.

It's overpriced.

Email sent to will never reach me.

Bill Andersen

I bought this bought new at the San Diego Boat Show for just under $10,000.
So, $9,000. is not a bargain. Depending on what else is available in your
part of the world it may not be too much.
The 3 liter engine may be MerCruiser's smallest, but it's adequate for this
boat. I've often had it loaded with family and refreshments and spent the
whole day wakeboarding with no problem. Fuel economy with the 4 cylinder
engine's nice. I use my boat several days a year, year 'round, and haven't
needed any repairs. (I do have the dealer service it once a year.)
Mine came with a galvanized steel Escort trailer. I've replaced one tail
light and one wheel bearing. My boating was about 50-50 fresh/salt water;
for the last year it's been mostly salt water.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:26:11 GMT, "news.verizon.net"
wrote:

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would

be
my first purchase.

If it is a "must sell" deal.... I'd say about $7,000 plus whatever
you think the life jackets and ski equipment are worth. See NADA
appraisal at: http://tinyurl.com/qosn

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures

at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Bob D.

If an 18' open bow is really what your looking for, and you have $9,000 to
spend, then splurge another $1000 extra and get a new Bayliner 175.

At least you'l have some type of warranty for the hull and power train,
and you know the history.

This guy is asking too much for a 5 year old boat.

In article , "news.verizon.net"
wrote:

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would be
my first purchase.

Mole

Bayliner 185 brand new is $10k. Comes with 3.0L, all CG equipment and
trailer. I think you can do better.

"news.verizon.net" wrote in message

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would be
my first purchase.

New one on me - Laminate Flooring Black-n-Gold General 117 October 16th 03 06:50 PM
Bayliner 2858 Command bridge (1987) Manitoumagic General 4 September 2nd 03 12:23 AM
Buying first boat w/ 3 partners ? BooBoo12321 General 24 August 21st 03 05:59 PM
Bayliner Bashing JML General 8 August 5th 03 01:04 PM
Engine Options '89 Bayliner Capri Rpk General 1 July 25th 03 02:53 AM