BoatBanter.com

-   -   Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1552-thinking-about-buying-98-bayliner-capri.html)

news.verizon.net October 13th 03 12:26 AM

Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would be
my first purchase.

Clams Canino October 13th 03 12:55 AM

Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri

In my opinion that's a bit high for a used Bayliner. I've seen some on sale
selling quite cheap new.

-W

Steve Barker October 13th 03 01:24 AM

Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri

What is "low" hours? Less than 50 would be low. Any more, and the price is
too high. I'd go $5,000 if the tires on the trailer are new.

--
Steve
=======================

Harry Krause October 13th 03 01:24 AM

news.verizon.net wrote:

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would be
my first purchase.

It's overpriced.

Email sent to will never reach me.

Bill Andersen October 13th 03 04:48 AM

Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri

I bought this bought new at the San Diego Boat Show for just under $10,000.
So, $9,000. is not a bargain. Depending on what else is available in your
part of the world it may not be too much.
The 3 liter engine may be MerCruiser's smallest, but it's adequate for this
boat. I've often had it loaded with family and refreshments and spent the
whole day wakeboarding with no problem. Fuel economy with the 4 cylinder
engine's nice. I use my boat several days a year, year 'round, and haven't
needed any repairs. (I do have the dealer service it once a year.)
Mine came with a galvanized steel Escort trailer. I've replaced one tail
light and one wheel bearing. My boating was about 50-50 fresh/salt water;
for the last year it's been mostly salt water.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:26:11 GMT, "news.verizon.net"
wrote:

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would

be
my first purchase.

If it is a "must sell" deal.... I'd say about $7,000 plus whatever
you think the life jackets and ski equipment are worth. See NADA
appraisal at: http://tinyurl.com/qosn

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures

at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Bob D. October 13th 03 03:38 PM

Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri

If an 18' open bow is really what your looking for, and you have $9,000 to
spend, then splurge another $1000 extra and get a new Bayliner 175.

At least you'l have some type of warranty for the hull and power train,
and you know the history.

This guy is asking too much for a 5 year old boat.

Mole October 14th 03 02:53 AM

Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri

Bayliner 185 brand new is $10k. Comes with 3.0L, all CG equipment and
trailer. I think you can do better.