Bill Andersen

Default Thinking about buying a 98 Bayliner Capri

I bought this bought new at the San Diego Boat Show for just under $10,000.
So, $9,000. is not a bargain. Depending on what else is available in your
part of the world it may not be too much.
The 3 liter engine may be MerCruiser's smallest, but it's adequate for this
boat. I've often had it loaded with family and refreshments and spent the
whole day wakeboarding with no problem. Fuel economy with the 4 cylinder
engine's nice. I use my boat several days a year, year 'round, and haven't
needed any repairs. (I do have the dealer service it once a year.)
Mine came with a galvanized steel Escort trailer. I've replaced one tail
light and one wheel bearing. My boating was about 50-50 fresh/salt water;
for the last year it's been mostly salt water.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:26:11 GMT, "news.verizon.net"
wrote:

What do you think about this deal?

1998 BAYLINER, CAPRI SE, 18-1/2', open bow, 3.0hp, Mercury engine, life
jackets, ski equipment, low hours, clean, trailer included, must sell,
$9,000 OBO, 724-228-9634

I went and looked at it, it needs a new prop, and has some scratches. But
overall it looked good. I dont know much about boats though, this would

be
my first purchase.

If it is a "must sell" deal.... I'd say about $7,000 plus whatever
you think the life jackets and ski equipment are worth. See NADA
appraisal at: http://tinyurl.com/qosn

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.