Tim Tim is offline

Default Boating on a budget? That's for me!

http://www.metro.us/newyork/life/art...ing-affordable

“Boats are a great investment for a family because it’s a way to
socialize and spend time together,” says Ellen Hopkins, a spokes*woman
for Discover Boating. “A lot of my friends who grew up boating said
that one of their best memories was going out with their dads on
Sundays and fishing — it’s a unique way to bond. It’s like a
minivacation, even just being on a kayak on the water.”

Yeah, beats driving 120 miles to 6 flags and paying $50 bucks each to
get in then end up standing on hot asphalt waiting an hr to ride some
whirlie-gig and eat $5.00 hotdogs....

On 1/4/12 9:30 PM, Tim wrote:
http://www.metro.us/newyork/life/art...ing-affordable

“Boats are a great investment for a family because it’s a way to
socialize and spend time together,” says Ellen Hopkins, a spokes*woman
for Discover Boating. “A lot of my friends who grew up boating said
that one of their best memories was going out with their dads on
Sundays and fishing — it’s a unique way to bond. It’s like a
minivacation, even just being on a kayak on the water.”

Yeah, beats driving 120 miles to 6 flags and paying $50 bucks each to
get in then end up standing on hot asphalt waiting an hr to ride some
whirlie-gig and eat $5.00 hotdogs....

Those $5.00 dogs will kill you, sooner or later!

I was chatting with some old friends about an amusement park with lots
of rides we used to frequent as kids. The park had no admission fee, and
all rides were 25 cents, and you could buy a lobster roll...a buttered
hot dog bun filled with real lobster meat, overfilled, really, for fifty
cents. Hot dogs were ten cents. Oh, and gasoline for our outboards was
..19 a gallon.

Obviously, it all went wrong somewhere.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 4, 8:45*pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 1/4/12 9:30 PM, Tim wrote:

http://www.metro.us/newyork/life/art...ng-on-a-budget...

[...]

LOL!

no kidding!

On Jan 4, 10:45*pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 1/4/12 9:30 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Might get worse..I was watching a program called 'Decoded' and they
were trying to investigate whether there is any gold left in Fort
Knox.
If the word got out that it's empty.... who knows what would happen to
the 'merican greenback.
BTW they claim that no civilian has actually seen the gold since 1974
when a Congressional group insisted on seeing what was in there.

can.com wrote:
On 1/4/12 9:30 PM, Tim wrote:

[...]

There isn't that much. Last I checked it was only a few hundred billion.

If the word got out that it's empty.... who knows what would happen to
the 'merican greenback.

Already fallen 40_% against the Yuan in the last 6 years, and
accelerating b the looks of it.

Money is like stock, the more you print the less each share is worth.
Bernanke is printing (electronic counterfeiting) new dollars faster than
Americans consume sheets of toilet paper.

At some point you might use a USD as toilet paper.

BTW they claim that no civilian has actually seen the gold since 1974
when a Congressional group insisted on seeing what was in there.

Wouldn't be the first time government misplaced a few hundred billion.

--
No mater how liberally you try to ignore rationality and reality,
reality always wins in the end.

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 1/4/12 9:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

But if you compare, more of the average paycheck went for that 19 cents
a gallon gas than today's paycheck goes for 3 buck gas.

On 1/5/12 8:51 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In , dump-on-
says...

On 1/4/12 9:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

I don't know what the average paycheck was back then. But as a nine year
old kid working weekends for my dad at his boat store and marina, I made
$2 an hour and I got tips from the boat owners whose boats I gassed or
washed. I had a boat with two six gallon tanks that would do for an
entire day of boating. About $2.50 for gas, a little more than an hour's
pay for weekend marina work. Of course, if my dad wasn't looking, I'd
fill up my boat gas tanks at his gas dock and "borrow" the two cycle oil
from the shop supply drum. In other words, it was pretty close to free.

Fifty cent lobster rolls. I miss those the most. :)

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 1/4/12 9:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Growing up in potato farm country, we got a lot of gas for next to
nothing as well for our dirt bikes and snowmobiles. Our fair food was
hot dogs, hamburgers and Italian sausages on a sub roll with grilled
onions and peppers, my favorite! We were pretty removed from
civilization, so food there wasn't really an adventure, just farm food.

On 1/5/12 10:01 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In , dump-on-
says...

On 1/4/12 9:30 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

I love Italian sausage with onions and peppers on a good crusty Italian
sub roll. Real Italian food was very common in my hometown while I was
growing up there. New Haven had a huge Italian population.

Do you have an electrical budget? Buddy Cruising 3 August 19th 09 05:30 PM
Do you have an electrical budget? Buddy Electronics 0 August 6th 09 06:44 AM
There goes the budget JoeSpareBedroom General 4 June 25th 07 06:17 PM
US Sailing BUDGET Bart Senior ASA 2 March 22nd 06 06:47 PM
Toilet on a budget Stephen Trapani Cruising 9 May 18th 04 02:04 AM