Default There goes the budget

Just when I got my new and improved budget under control, the damned Bass
Pro catalog comes in the mail. SONOFABITCH!

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Just when I got my new and improved budget under control, the damned Bass
Pro catalog comes in the mail. SONOFABITCH!

The stores are worse, because they have lots of unadvertised sale items
that are impossible to resist. Last year, I stocked up on great BassPro
tee-shirts at $5 a pop at one of the stores.

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Just when I got my new and improved budget under control, the damned Bass
Pro catalog comes in the mail. SONOFABITCH!

The stores are worse, because they have lots of unadvertised sale items
that are impossible to resist. Last year, I stocked up on great BassPro
tee-shirts at $5 a pop at one of the stores.

We have a store about 45 minutes away. What always nails me is that they
have all the lure sizes that other stores don't carry. So, I can't escape
with just a 1/32 oz and a 1/4 oz Mepps. No. I have to get the sizes in
between, in at least 3 different colors. Nineteen lures later.... At least
I'm not losing so many these days.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Just when I got my new and improved budget under control, the damned Bass
Pro catalog comes in the mail. SONOFABITCH!

The stores are worse, because they have lots of unadvertised sale items
that are impossible to resist. Last year, I stocked up on great BassPro
tee-shirts at $5 a pop at one of the stores.

We have a store about 45 minutes away. What always nails me is that they
have all the lure sizes that other stores don't carry. So, I can't escape
with just a 1/32 oz and a 1/4 oz Mepps. No. I have to get the sizes in
between, in at least 3 different colors. Nineteen lures later.... At least
I'm not losing so many these days.

I don't use too many hard lures hereabouts, but I do go through plastics
for sight casting. I'm heading down to Virginia Beach in a few days for
some ocean fishing, but we'll probably be using live bait for that.

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Just when I got my new and improved budget under control, the damned
Bass Pro catalog comes in the mail. SONOFABITCH!

The stores are worse, because they have lots of unadvertised sale items
that are impossible to resist. Last year, I stocked up on great BassPro
tee-shirts at $5 a pop at one of the stores.

We have a store about 45 minutes away. What always nails me is that they
have all the lure sizes that other stores don't carry. So, I can't escape
with just a 1/32 oz and a 1/4 oz Mepps. No. I have to get the sizes in
between, in at least 3 different colors. Nineteen lures later.... At
least I'm not losing so many these days.

I don't use too many hard lures hereabouts, but I do go through plastics
for sight casting. I'm heading down to Virginia Beach in a few days for
some ocean fishing, but we'll probably be using live bait for that.

The plastics look tasty, but at least here in fresh water, I've never caught
a single thing with one. Not even a tap. It's weird, because I know they
work sometimes for other people. They work for me when surf casting in Long
Island, but that's usually bluefish, and they'll go after a car bumper when
they come in close to feed. :-)