posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Default US Sailing BUDGET

http://www.ussailing.org/budget/current_budget.htm

What is the big yellow slice for revenue? Cash in the
bank?

So how do they make $635,013 in revenue from Training?
Where is that money coming from? While they are spending
$547, 513 on Training. They alway say they try to keep
costs low in the area--lower than the revenue? How is
that money being spent?

It looks like most of the money goes towards the Olympics.

They lost $86,115 in membership revenue between 2003
and 2004.

Nearly 5% of the total. Hey but they are spending more
on the magazine and mailings! Oh, I guess that means it
is not working : (

http://www.ussailing.org/budget/Docu...lStatement.pdf

I wonder if they realize the long term effect of their
policies on membership. People that leave are
unlikely to come back, and are more likely to steer
other people away from the organization.

I'd be interested to see long term data on the totals
for membership trends.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Demographics alone may be doing them in.

The population is aging.

Do they pay income tax on tips for their instructors? In an industry where
tipping is commonplace, the employer, not the employee is responsible for
tip accounting.

Do the officers have any conflict of interest holdings that they profit
from? Do they own and rent boats to the organization? Do they own the
dockspace or boat repair yards? The stores that supply goods? Is it open
bidding on contracts? Who owns the building they operate from?

Do the officers have extra perks such as free liability insurance, health
care or other such things?

Amen!

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

There are lots of questions like these.

Hallelujah!

"Bob Crantz" wrote

Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 February 12th 06 05:26 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 November 30th 05 05:32 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 November 16th 05 05:32 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 October 19th 05 05:38 AM