Default Charleston

In article ,
says...

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 12/1/11 8:00 AM, John H wrote:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 19:58:54 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

Well, Greg gives it a thumbs down, but Harry gives it a thumbs up.

Who does one trust the most?

Guess I'd stay well away from the place. A decent catfish place would be much better.

Catfish raised on a "farm" in its own waste sounds like your like of fish.

Oh, Don, you need to clean up your buddy's mess!! That sentence was
atrocious!

Don't tell Don that they fertilize his vegetables with cow manure.

On Dec 2, 8:51*am, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article , dump-on-
says...

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...gump-shrimp-co...

Well, Greg gives it a thumbs down, but Harry gives it a thumbs up.

Who does one trust the most?

Guess I'd stay well away from the place. A decent catfish place would be much better.

Catfish raised on a "farm" in its own waste sounds like your like of fish.

Oh, Don, you need to clean up your buddy's mess!! That sentence was
atrocious!

Don't tell Don that they fertilize his vegetables with cow manure.- Hide quoted text -

So what?
Down your way I hear they use 'people manure' on the crops.
They tried to do that here with the 'sludge' from our new sewage
processing plants but the townfolk got up in arms. Now it's used on
city flowerbeds etc.

In article om,
says...

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

Well, Greg gives it a thumbs down, but Harry gives it a thumbs up.

Who does one trust the most?

Guess I'd stay well away from the place. A decent catfish place would be much better.

Decided to forgo Bubba's in favor of Hyman's. Look for my autographed
photo on the wall at Hyman's next time you visit Charleston.

I had broiled Sword, scallops, and shrimp which were OK but IMHO the
place was over rated.

I'm telling you, you missed out if you didn't go over to The Wreck!

I LOVE eating at this place!

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/O.../210/the-wreck

In raweb.com,

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
[...]

OK You don't need to twist my arm. If I cross that big bridge again,
I'll try it.
1-20-13 The end of an error

In article om,
says...

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
[...]

You'll thank me!!!! I have visited Charleston many many times, sometimes
three weeks at a time, and have ate at a lot of places there, and this
is the best. Locals go there.

wrote in message ...

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:46:32 -0500, Drifter wrote:

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

Went to Bubba Gump in Breckenridge CA,
It was Red Lobster with expensive souvenirs you could buy

There is a Breckenridge, CA. But probably not a Bubba Gump there. Most
likely COlorado.
Bubba Gump now owned by Landry's Inc. Same ones who now own Claim Jumpers
who they bought in Bankruptcy. Is a high volume, mid priced eatery. Not a
high quality specialty place. Basically what lots of the chain restaurants
are.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 21:04:55 -0800, "Califbill"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:46:32 -0500, Drifter wrote:

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

Went to Bubba Gump in Breckenridge CA,
It was Red Lobster with expensive souvenirs you could buy

There is a Breckenridge, CA. But probably not a Bubba Gump there. Most
likely COlorado.
Bubba Gump now owned by Landry's Inc. Same ones who now own Claim Jumpers
who they bought in Bankruptcy. Is a high volume, mid priced eatery. Not a
high quality specialty place. Basically what lots of the chain restaurants
are.

went to one at pier 39 in SF a few years ago. worthless

Charleston, SC, 54F at 1PM! Larry Cruising 9 May 19th 09 03:09 AM
Charleston SC Area Cap'n Rick General 2 April 23rd 08 07:49 PM
The Perfect 4th in Charleston... Larry Cruising 0 July 5th 07 02:20 AM
Help in Charleston Rick Itenson Cruising 0 April 21st 04 04:00 PM
Charleston Marina Phil Cruising 5 September 29th 03 10:20 PM