Default Charleston

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

In article m,
says...

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

Tourist trap. Head over the bridge to Mount Pleasant and go to the Wreck
of the Richard and Charlene. Warning, no name on the place. It was
recommended to us by a local that I knew, unbelievable food.

http://www.wreckrc.com/

There's a LOT of tourist trap places in Charleston, but another good
place to go right in the old city is Jestin's Kitchen. I go to
Charleston every year for two weeks every year.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=346

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:46:32 -0500, Drifter wrote:

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

Was that you? Damn, I can't keep anything straight any more. Here's some catfish restaurants. You
can't go wrong with them:

Marvin's Seafood
5 of 5 stars 1 reviews
4224 Dorchester Rd
Charleston, SC zip code

Carolina Bay Seafood And Restaurant
6981 Dorchester Rd
North Charleston, SC zip code

Pearlz Oyster Bar
153 E Bay St
Charleston, SC zip code

In article m,
says...

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

There is one in the Mall of America. I'll let you figure it out.

On 11/29/2011 1:23 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In aweb.com,
says...

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

Tourist trap. Head over the bridge to Mount Pleasant and go to the Wreck
of the Richard and Charlene. Warning, no name on the place. It was
recommended to us by a local that I knew, unbelievable food.

http://www.wreckrc.com/

There's a LOT of tourist trap places in Charleston, but another good
place to go right in the old city is Jestin's Kitchen. I go to
Charleston every year for two weeks every year.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=346

Thanks for your recommendations.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:03:20 -0500, Drifter wrote:

On 11/29/2011 1:23 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In aweb.com,
says...

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

Tourist trap. Head over the bridge to Mount Pleasant and go to the Wreck
of the Richard and Charlene. Warning, no name on the place. It was
recommended to us by a local that I knew, unbelievable food.

http://www.wreckrc.com/

There's a LOT of tourist trap places in Charleston, but another good
place to go right in the old city is Jestin's Kitchen. I go to
Charleston every year for two weeks every year.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=346

Thanks for your recommendations.

That last one's got to be a great place. Look at the rating of it's catfish. Now, if it were an
all-you-can-eat catfish place, I'd come join you.

On 11/29/2011 1:45 PM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:46:32 -0500, wrote:

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

Was that you? Damn, I can't keep anything straight any more. Here's some catfish restaurants. You
can't go wrong with them:

Marvin's Seafood
5 of 5 stars 1 reviews
4224 Dorchester Rd
Charleston, SC zip code

Carolina Bay Seafood And Restaurant
6981 Dorchester Rd
North Charleston, SC zip code

Pearlz Oyster Bar
153 E Bay St
Charleston, SC zip code

Yes indeed.

Thanks for the recommendations. I guess I'll need to acquire a taste for
catfish. ;-)

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On 11/29/2011 5:02 PM, BAR wrote:
In aweb.com,
says...

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

There is one in the Mall of America. I'll let you figure it out.

Is MOM noted for bad restaurants?

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On 11/29/2011 6:29 PM, Drifter wrote:
On 11/29/2011 1:45 PM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:46:32 -0500, wrote:

Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?

Was that you? Damn, I can't keep anything straight any more. Here's
some catfish restaurants. You
can't go wrong with them:

Marvin's Seafood
5 of 5 stars 1 reviews
4224 Dorchester Rd
Charleston, SC zip code

Carolina Bay Seafood And Restaurant
6981 Dorchester Rd
North Charleston, SC zip code

Pearlz Oyster Bar
153 E Bay St
Charleston, SC zip code

Yes indeed.

Thanks for the recommendations. I guess I'll need to acquire a taste for
catfish. ;-)

Man, I love Catfish. Used to get it down in the North End of Hartford at
this little place. The owner had to tell more than one character that I
was welcome there despite the pale skin

Charleston, SC, 54F at 1PM! Larry Cruising 9 May 19th 09 03:09 AM
Charleston SC Area Cap'n Rick General 2 April 23rd 08 07:49 PM
The Perfect 4th in Charleston... Larry Cruising 0 July 5th 07 02:20 AM
Help in Charleston Rick Itenson Cruising 0 April 21st 04 04:00 PM
Charleston Marina Phil Cruising 5 September 29th 03 10:20 PM