Tim Tim is offline

Default Charleston

On Nov 29, 11:46*am, Drifter wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

On 11/30/11 10:58 PM, Tim wrote:
On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

I ate at a Bubba Gump in California. It was a well-run, clean
restaurant, and the shrimp were quite tasty. We didn't find it
expensive. Oh, great views, too...adjacent to the water. I wasn't
expecting much from the place, but we were pleasantly surprised.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 19:58:54 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Nov 29, 11:46*am, Drifter wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

Well, Greg gives it a thumbs down, but Harry gives it a thumbs up.

Who does one trust the most?

Guess I'd stay well away from the place. A decent catfish place would be much better.

On 12/1/11 8:00 AM, John H wrote:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 19:58:54 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

Well, Greg gives it a thumbs down, but Harry gives it a thumbs up.

Who does one trust the most?

Guess I'd stay well away from the place. A decent catfish place would be much better.

Catfish raised on a "farm" in its own waste sounds like your like of fish.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 11/30/11 10:58 PM, Tim wrote:
On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

I ate at a Bubba Gump in California. It was a well-run, clean
restaurant, and the shrimp were quite tasty. We didn't find it
expensive. Oh, great views, too...adjacent to the water. I wasn't
expecting much from the place, but we were pleasantly surprised.

It's a chain. Like it was said, Red Lobster with a theme.

In article , dump-on-
says...

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

Well, Greg gives it a thumbs down, but Harry gives it a thumbs up.

Who does one trust the most?

Guess I'd stay well away from the place. A decent catfish place would be much better.

Catfish raised on a "farm" in its own waste sounds like your like of fish.

Oh, Don, you need to clean up your buddy's mess!! That sentence was
atrocious!

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

Well, Greg gives it a thumbs down, but Harry gives it a thumbs up.

Who does one trust the most?

Guess I'd stay well away from the place. A decent catfish place would be much better.

Decided to forgo Bubba's in favor of Hyman's. Look for my autographed
photo on the wall at Hyman's next time you visit Charleston.

I had broiled Sword, scallops, and shrimp which were OK but IMHO the
place was over rated.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
Is Bubba Gumps any good, or just another tourist trap?
--
1-20-13 The end of an error

I probably wouldn't go there, but there online recipes look pretty
inviting. But like one commenter gave the impression that the place is
pretty pricy.

http://www.food.com/recipe/shrimpin-...rimp-co-200408

Well, Greg gives it a thumbs down, but Harry gives it a thumbs up.

Who does one trust the most?

Guess I'd stay well away from the place. A decent catfish place would be much better.

Decided to forgo Bubba's in favor of Hyman's. Look for my autographed
photo on the wall at Hyman's next time you visit Charleston.

I had broiled Sword, scallops, and shrimp which were OK but IMHO the
place was over rated.

===

We had a great meal in downtown Charleston about 6 years ago. A bit
on the pricey side but well worth it.

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/charleston-grill/Location?oid=1068003

On Nov 29, 11:46 am, wrote:
[...]

Thanks Wayne. I'll save the link in case we plan another meal in town.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

Charleston, SC, 54F at 1PM! Larry Cruising 9 May 19th 09 03:09 AM
Charleston SC Area Cap'n Rick General 2 April 23rd 08 07:49 PM
The Perfect 4th in Charleston... Larry Cruising 0 July 5th 07 02:20 AM
Help in Charleston Rick Itenson Cruising 0 April 21st 04 04:00 PM
Charleston Marina Phil Cruising 5 September 29th 03 10:20 PM