Tim Tim is offline

Default Grilled Shrimp

On Nov 21, 1:04*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 05:17:20 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Don't tell Tim about the butterflied beer battered stuff. He don't need it!

Your right, I DON'T need it. LOL! *But then again,the calories I'd
save on those, I'd probably make it up somewhere else.

BTW, John. 265 now. That's better'n 312

Way to go!

That's the way I think of it, John.

My wife (professional dieter) would point out that you can eat those
fried shrimp, just not very many of them.

I hover around the deuce. If I step on that scale at Publix and I am
busting the deuce it is "step away from the doughnuts"
If I am a buck 96, it's fried chicken!

I understand that whole heartedly!
Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 20, 9:27*pm, JustWait wrote:
On 11/20/2011 9:46 PM, Tim wrote:

On Nov 20, 4:23 pm, John *wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST), *wrote:
So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...es%20Shrimp%20....

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot. I've been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp at the local store.

Scampi. Oh yeah! *That's on the 'to make' list as well.

Next time we talk, remind me to tell you the secret ingredient for
Scampi I learned from an Armenian Princess I dated in my younger days..

will do!

wrote:

Don't tell Tim about the butterflied beer battered stuff. He don't need it!

Your right, I DON'T need it. LOL! *But then again,the calories I'd
save on those, I'd probably make it up somewhere else.

BTW, John. 265 now. That's better'n 312

Way to go!

That's the way I think of it, John.

My wife (professional dieter) would point out that you can eat those
fried shrimp, just not very many of them.

I hover around the deuce. If I step on that scale at Publix and I am
busting the deuce it is "step away from the doughnuts"
If I am a buck 96, it's fried chicken!

I understand that whole heartedly!

Fried shrimp should be measured by the pound - no other way.

Fried chicken I don't do. Webers has a couple new marinades out. Cutting up some chicken breasts and
marinating them in the stuff for a day makes for some fine kabobs.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Don't tell Tim about the butterflied beer battered stuff. He don't need it!

Your right, I DON'T need it. LOL! *But then again,the calories I'd
save on those, I'd probably make it up somewhere else.

BTW, John. 265 now. That's better'n 312

Way to go!

That's the way I think of it, John.

My wife (professional dieter) would point out that you can eat those
fried shrimp, just not very many of them.

I hover around the deuce. If I step on that scale at Publix and I am
busting the deuce it is "step away from the doughnuts"
If I am a buck 96, it's fried chicken!

I understand that whole heartedly!

Fried shrimp should be measured by the pound - no other way.

Fried chicken I don't do. Webers has a couple new marinades out. Cutting up some chicken breasts and
marinating them in the stuff for a day makes for some fine kabobs.

Been there, and still do the grilled and/or baked chicken . but
occasionally I still like fried.
Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 21, 11:04*pm, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You can do a good job with a chicken if you have a back burner on the
grill and your rotisserie. Roll it in the rub of your choice (lemon
pepper, cajun or whatever). That ends up making a very low fat chicken
with lots of flavor.

Grreg, in the summer, we do a lot of grilled chicken. one of the
favorites of mine is to dip them before, and after in Italian
dressing, OR use something like lemmon/garlic or Lemon/pepper.... lite
or otherwise. haven't' had any complaints yet,.

wrote:

[...]

I do a lot of rotisserie chicken with a no / low salt rub. Problem with
fried chicken is it always deep fried these days and not pan fried like I
grew up with. Roll in flour and a little bacon grease and fry the chicken,
turning a couple times. Then make a milk gravy with the leavings in the
pan.

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...20Barbie .htm

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot. I've
been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp at
the local store.

Go to an Asian market. They are always a good deal there.

Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 26, 8:37*pm, "Califbill" wrote:
"John H" *wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...es%20Shrimp%20...

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot. I've
been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp at
the local store.

Go to an Asian market. *They are always a good deal there.

That's a great idea, only we don't have such a luxury here in S.
Illinois.

Same, too!

On 11/26/11 9:45 PM, Tim wrote:
On Nov 26, 8:37 pm, wrote:
"John H" wrote in message

[...]

Wait...I'll call Asia and let them know the welcome mat is out.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug

On 11/26/11 9:37 PM, Califbill wrote:
"John H" wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...20Barbie .htm

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot.
I've been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp
at the local store.

Go to an Asian market. They are always a good deal there.

Shrimp is almost always on sale at our local supermarkets, and is
available in three or four different sizes, usually. It's not that
expensive.

This recipe for shrimp and scallops, from the Bonefish Grill,
produces a fine meal.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug