Tim Tim is offline

Default Grilled Shrimp

So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...20Barbie .htm
Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 19, 8:00*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...es%20Shrimp%20...

I just mix a little olive oil, cracked black pepper and old bay to
roll the shrimp in, then cook them fast on a real hot grill. You want
to burn a crust on them.
16-20 shrimp look better but 26-30s cook better. You want this to go
fast so they don't get tough.

interesting thought Greg. I',ve never cooked shrimp before. I'd love
to give it a try though. OK, Hot 'n fast!

In article e31d8665-3b81-4b5c-8d12-b73bf864b0a9
@r28g2000yqj.googlegroups.com, says...

So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...20Barbie .htm

I grill shrimp alot, good stuff! If you want some good grilled fish,
look for pre-marinated Cajun spiced catfish fillets. Around here, Publix
and Kroger has them. They grill up really nice!

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...20Barbie .htm

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot. I've been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp at the local store.

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:53:14 -0500, wrote:

wrote:

So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...es%20Shrimp%20...

I just mix a little olive oil, cracked black pepper and old bay to
roll the shrimp in, then cook them fast on a real hot grill. You want
to burn a crust on them.
16-20 shrimp look better but 26-30s cook better. You want this to go
fast so they don't get tough.

interesting thought Greg. I',ve never cooked shrimp before. I'd love
to give it a try though. OK, Hot 'n fast!

Remember they keep cooking for a minute or two when they come off the
fire. You want shrimp to just be to the point where the inside stops
being translucent and becomes solid white. It starts getting tough
after that.
My favorite is still butterflied beer battered and fried but it is not
as healthy. ;-)

Don't tell Tim about the butterflied beer battered stuff. He don't need it!

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Your right, I DON'T need it. LOL! But then again,the calories I'd
save on those, I'd probably make it up somewhere else.

BTW, John. 265 now. That's better'n 312
Tim Tim is offline

On Nov 20, 4:23*pm, John H wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...es%20Shrimp%20...

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot. I've been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp at the local store.

Scampi. Oh yeah! That's on the 'to make' list as well.

On 11/20/2011 9:46 PM, Tim wrote:
On Nov 20, 4:23 pm, John wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST), wrote:
So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...es%20Shrimp%20...

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot. I've been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp at the local store.

Scampi. Oh yeah! That's on the 'to make' list as well.

Next time we talk, remind me to tell you the secret ingredient for
Scampi I learned from an Armenian Princess I dated in my younger days..

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

That's the way I think of it, John.