Default Grilled Shrimp

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 09:04:15 -0500, X ` Man wrote:

On 11/27/11 8:50 AM, John H wrote:
On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 06:32:49 -0500, X ` wrote:

On 11/27/11 6:32 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 11/26/11 9:37 PM, Califbill wrote:
"John H" wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...20Barbie .htm

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot.
I've been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp
at the local store.

Go to an Asian market. They are always a good deal there.

Shrimp is almost always on sale at our local supermarkets, and is
available in three or four different sizes, usually. It's not that
expensive.

This recipe for shrimp and scallops, from the Bonefish Grill,
produces a fine meal.

Forgot the recipe:

http://www.bonefishgrill.com/behind-...rimp-scallops/

Thanks. Can't believe you're actually in the recipe discussions now. But, that's OK!

Fish, shellfish, et cetera, recipes are appropriate for a newsgroup that
used to be about boating, eh?

*Any* good recipe is appropriate for a newsgroup about boating, assuming the boaters (or non-, as in
your case) eat!

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:38:57 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:49:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:37:22 -0800, "Califbill" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:20:05 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

So, the Mrs. and I at at the Lone Star Steak House last evening and we
ordered some of their grilled shrimp. I thought they were fantastic.

So I did some looking to find a copy cat recipe, and found a bunch of
stuff.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...2/m/6990079692

found one from Outback too.

This is gonna be fun!

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...20Barbie .htm

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot. I've
been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp at
the local store.

Go to an Asian market. They are always a good deal there.

Costco does too, every so often.

Albertsons usually had the best seafood prices but they closed most of
them. The closest one is 150 miles away for me.

Guess we don't have 'em up here. Couldn't find one on Google. Oh well, I'll just suffer.

wrote:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:37:22 -0800, wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

There's no shortage of good places to buy seafood in the DC metro area.
Even Giant and Safeway have good fresh seafood, except on Mondays, of
course. There are also seafood markets. We have three or four in this
area alone, and we live in "the sticks."

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug
Tim Tim is offline

http://copycatrecipes.bravehost.com/...es%20Shrimp%20....

That outback recipe looks pretty good. I may have to give that a shot. I've
been thinking about out
some Shrimp Scampi. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for a sale on shrimp at
the local store.

Go to an Asian market. *They are always a good deal there.

Costco does too, every so often.

Albertsons usually had the best seafood prices but they closed most of
them. The closest one is 150 miles away for me.

Guess we don't have 'em up here. Couldn't find one on Google. Oh well, I'll just suffer.

Occasionally the local IGA will have Prawns. don't know if it's
seasonal or not. But they're always shell and all. Then Wal-Mart will
have their round shrimp factory dishes which aren't that appealing to
me.

Plenty of pork steaks though! Endless supply!

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

Wow...a zillion years ago, when I lived in the KC area, some of the
grocery stores there had fresh salt-water seafood flown in or trucked
in...I'd thought by now you could buy it just about anywhere.

When I worked for The AP in West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky, I went to
a Chinese restaurant for dinner and ordered lo mein. The noodles
were...spaghetti.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug

In article , dump-on-
says...

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

You must have went to some pretty upscale Chinese eateries. I've never
been given spaghetti noodles in place of real lo mein. Of course, I
prefer Chow Fun anyway.

m...

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

around here we have several Asian markets. Ranch 99 is probably the best.
And Shrimp is always less there than at the Safeway or other normal chain
markets. Also a better selection.