Califbill Califbill is offline

Default Grilled Shrimp

"Tim" wrote in message

On Nov 21, 11:04 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:46:15 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Nov 21, 5:59 pm, John H wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:30:06 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:
On Nov 21, 1:04 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 05:17:20 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Don't tell Tim about the butterflied beer battered stuff. He
don't need it!

Your right, I DON'T need it. LOL! But then again,the calories
I'd
save on those, I'd probably make it up somewhere else.

BTW, John. 265 now. That's better'n 312

Way to go!

That's the way I think of it, John.

My wife (professional dieter) would point out that you can eat those
fried shrimp, just not very many of them.

I hover around the deuce. If I step on that scale at Publix and I am
busting the deuce it is "step away from the doughnuts"
If I am a buck 96, it's fried chicken!

I understand that whole heartedly!

Fried shrimp should be measured by the pound - no other way.

Fried chicken I don't do. Webers has a couple new marinades out.
Cutting up some chicken breasts and
marinating them in the stuff for a day makes for some fine kabobs.

Been there, and still do the grilled and/or baked chicken . but
occasionally I still like fried.

You can do a good job with a chicken if you have a back burner on the
grill and your rotisserie. Roll it in the rub of your choice (lemon
pepper, cajun or whatever). That ends up making a very low fat chicken
with lots of flavor.

Grreg, in the summer, we do a lot of grilled chicken. one of the
favorites of mine is to dip them before, and after in Italian
dressing, OR use something like lemmon/garlic or Lemon/pepper.... lite
or otherwise. haven't' had any complaints yet,.

I do a lot of rotisserie chicken with a no / low salt rub. Problem with
fried chicken is it always deep fried these days and not pan fried like I
grew up with. Roll in flour and a little bacon grease and fry the chicken,
turning a couple times. Then make a milk gravy with the leavings in the
pan.