Default Morning After Storm Report

Here in Western Long Island Sound the storm is beginning to break up.
There is no longer a visible eye on the radar and rotation seems to be
slowing down as well. NHC is now calling it a tropical storm. We had
heavy rain and gusts to 40 kts all through the night but both are now
easing up. Based on the radar it looks like the rain will stop within
the hour. Waves on Long Island Sound are still very gnarly, close to
7 footers during the night and still very rough. The web cam at a
local yacht club shows water almost at the top of the sea wall and
there's still another 2 hours until high tide. Wave heights south of
Block Island, where we were last week, are reported at 23 feet but
they should start backing down soon.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44097

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 09:56:26 -0400, Wayne B wrote:

Here in Western Long Island Sound the storm is beginning to break up.
There is no longer a visible eye on the radar and rotation seems to be
slowing down as well. NHC is now calling it a tropical storm. We had
heavy rain and gusts to 40 kts all through the night but both are now
easing up. Based on the radar it looks like the rain will stop within
the hour. Waves on Long Island Sound are still very gnarly, close to
7 footers during the night and still very rough. The web cam at a
local yacht club shows water almost at the top of the sea wall and
there's still another 2 hours until high tide. Wave heights south of
Block Island, where we were last week, are reported at 23 feet but
they should start backing down soon.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44097

Glad to hear all is well. We had much less of an event than had been predicted a few days ago. As I
told Bert, we lost some branches and a large oak in the neighborhood, but other than that there was
no damage. Good old Dominion Power kept us without a power loss except for a couple quickies of a
second or so.

wrote:

Here in Western Long Island Sound the storm is beginning to break up.
There is no longer a visible eye on the radar and rotation seems to be
slowing down as well. NHC is now calling it a tropical storm. We had
heavy rain and gusts to 40 kts all through the night but both are now
easing up. Based on the radar it looks like the rain will stop within
the hour. Waves on Long Island Sound are still very gnarly, close to
7 footers during the night and still very rough. The web cam at a
local yacht club shows water almost at the top of the sea wall and
there's still another 2 hours until high tide. Wave heights south of
Block Island, where we were last week, are reported at 23 feet but
they should start backing down soon.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44097

that's good news. here near philly at the ambulance station, we still
have high winds and some flooded roads we've seen during calls (been a
busy morning). lots of power outages.

checked the marina camera. last night at 2AM the water was over the
bulkhead in the parking lot. looks like it's receded but the water
level is still high. this is high tide so hope it drops quickly. still
waiting for an email from some local friends (once they get back on
long beach island) about the condition of the boat.

On Aug 28, 9:56*am, Wayne B wrote:
Here in Western Long Island Sound the storm is beginning to break up.
There is no longer a visible eye on the radar and rotation seems to be
slowing down as well. *NHC is now calling it a tropical storm. *We had
heavy rain and gusts to 40 kts all through the night but both are now
easing up. *Based on the radar it looks like the rain will stop within
the hour. * Waves on Long Island Sound are still very gnarly, close to
7 footers during the night and still very rough. * The web cam at a
local yacht club shows water almost at the top of the sea wall and
there's still another 2 hours until high tide. *Wave heights south of
Block Island, where we were last week, are reported at 23 feet but
they should start backing down soon.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44097

Nothing here a rake and a lawn mower with a catch bag won't cure
here...

**** foam movie in the making....

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/fox-...-foam-20110827

--
If it is all Bush's fault, then how come Obama is doing much more of the
same and expecting different results?

South Shore - Massachusetts (just north of Plymouth)

Wind, rain, but not much more than a strong Nor'Easter.

Power's out virtually everywhere though (except the guitar shop).
Big tree down across and blocking our driveway. Too big for me to
cut up and move. Will have to call a contractor.

Big limb (size of a medium sized tree) fell on the roof of the old
farmhouse at the end of our driveway. No visible damage to
the house. It has certainly seen it's share of storms over the
years. Built in 1800. Don't build 'em like that anymore.

Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 28, 12:54*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
South Shore - Massachusetts * (just north of Plymouth)

Wind, rain, but not much more than a strong Nor'Easter.

Power's out virtually everywhere though (except the guitar shop).
Big tree down across and blocking our driveway. *Too big for me to
cut up and move. * Will have to call a contractor.

Wish I was there to help you, m'man. It's amazing what you can do with
a tractor of about any size and a Stihl 051 with a 36" bar.

Big limb (size of a medium sized tree) fell on the roof of the old
farmhouse at the end of our driveway. *No visible damage to
the house. *It has certainly seen it's share of storms over the
years. *Built in 1800. *Don't build 'em like that anymore.

You're right! Structures like that seem to withstand about anything
Mother Nature can throw at them.

Glad all is reasonably well though, Rich!

Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

Too bad this streaker wasn't covered in foam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewb_N...ature=youtu.be

-HB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Storm Report X ` Man General 17 August 30th 11 12:45 PM
storm report wf3h[_2_] General 21 August 30th 11 01:15 AM
Storm at Sea - Powerpoint presentation - File 1 of 1 - storm-op-zee.pps (01/13) Bouler Tall Ship Photos 0 August 25th 09 08:40 PM
WARNING! Tornado/ Servere storm report... Tim General 15 June 8th 08 02:47 AM
Storm report Thom Stewart ASA 9 September 30th 03 01:01 PM