Default storm report

a little late....called the marina this morning to see if they could
disconnect the shore power line but long beach island has been
evacuated and the marina is closed. calling for 60mph winds
today...the little boat's on its own!

have a friend whose son lives on their boat...he's evacuated but will
be back on the island when they reopen it...will let me know if i
still have a boat

On Aug 27, 9:05*am, wf3h wrote:
a little late....called the marina this morning to see if they could
disconnect the shore power line but long beach island has been
evacuated and the marina is closed. calling for 60mph winds
today...the little boat's on its own!

have a friend whose son lives on their boat...he's evacuated but will
be back on the island when they reopen it...will let me know if i
still have a boat

There's always something ...
When Juan passed through here in September of 2003, we doubled all the
lines connecting the Mirage 33 sailboat to it's slip... but forgot to
add extra line to wrap around the genoa... in fact we should have
taken it down.
The sail was blown out and ripped to shreds..... an $1800.00 loss. I
believe the owners insurance covered it.

On 8/27/11 8:05 AM, wf3h wrote:
a little late....called the marina this morning to see if they could
disconnect the shore power line but long beach island has been
evacuated and the marina is closed. calling for 60mph winds
today...the little boat's on its own!

have a friend whose son lives on their boat...he's evacuated but will
be back on the island when they reopen it...will let me know if i
still have a boat

Good luck. We're beginning to see a little wind, and radar shows a lot
of rain incoming shortly.

--
I'd much rather be a champion of the powerless than a lickspittle of the
powerful.

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 05:20:38 -0700 (PDT), North Star
wrote:

The sail was blown out and ripped to shreds..... an $1800.00 loss. I
believe the owners insurance covered it.

Let me get this straight: You left a sail on the rig during a
hurricane. Talk about a no-brainer. Wind equivalent of arson, almost.
Do you hand Ming vases to toddlers?

To digress slightly, here in Iowa we get tornados and there is very
little warning. We just had most of a town destroyed. More than a
hundred dead.

Casady

wrote:

The sail was blown out and ripped to shreds..... an $1800.00 loss. I
believe the owners insurance covered it.

Let me get this straight: You left a sail on the rig during a
hurricane. Talk about a no-brainer. Wind equivalent of arson, almost.
Do you hand Ming vases to toddlers?

To digress slightly, here in Iowa we get tornados and there is very
little warning. We just had most of a town destroyed. More than a
hundred dead.

Casady

You live in Iowa in the middle of tornado alley? Talk about a no-brainer.

"North Star" wrote in message

On Aug 27, 9:05 am, wf3h wrote:
a little late....called the marina this morning to see if they could
disconnect the shore power line but long beach island has been
evacuated and the marina is closed. calling for 60mph winds
today...the little boat's on its own!

have a friend whose son lives on their boat...he's evacuated but will
be back on the island when they reopen it...will let me know if i
still have a boat

There's always something ...
When Juan passed through here in September of 2003, we doubled all the
lines connecting the Mirage 33 sailboat to it's slip... but forgot to
add extra line to wrap around the genoa... in fact we should have
taken it down.
The sail was blown out and ripped to shreds..... an $1800.00 loss. I
believe the owners insurance covered it.

Reply:
Insurance should not cover an error by the owner like the ripped sail.
Laziness and carelessness should not be rewarded. Just ups the rates for
the rest of us.

On 8/27/11 4:25 PM, Califbill wrote:
"North Star" wrote in message

On Aug 27, 9:05 am, wf3h wrote:
[...]

You just have to love it when the self-proclaimed "perfect" pipe up.
They're perfect, all right...perfect assholes.

wrote:

The sail was blown out and ripped to shreds..... an $1800.00 loss. I
believe the owners insurance covered it.

Let me get this straight: You left a sail on the rig during a
hurricane. Talk about a no-brainer. Wind equivalent of arson, almost.
Do you hand Ming vases to toddlers?

To digress slightly, here in Iowa we get tornados and there is very
little warning. We just had most of a town destroyed. More than a
hundred dead.

Casady

He's a crazy *******!

-HB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

m...

"North Star" wrote in message

On Aug 27, 9:05 am, wf3h wrote:
[...]

I'd much rather be a champion of the powerless than a lickspittle of Don.

Reply:
Well you are a damn near perfect asshole. Why should insurance cover a
screw up like that. Sort of like leaving the dining room table outside in
the rain and claiming an insurance moment.
..