Honey Badger Honey Badger is offline

Default Morning After Storm Report

Canuck57 wrote:
On 28/08/2011 7:56 AM, Wayne B wrote:
Here in Western Long Island Sound the storm is beginning to break up.
There is no longer a visible eye on the radar and rotation seems to be
slowing down as well. NHC is now calling it a tropical storm. We had
heavy rain and gusts to 40 kts all through the night but both are now
easing up. Based on the radar it looks like the rain will stop within
the hour. Waves on Long Island Sound are still very gnarly, close to
7 footers during the night and still very rough. The web cam at a
local yacht club shows water almost at the top of the sea wall and
there's still another 2 hours until high tide. Wave heights south of
Block Island, where we were last week, are reported at 23 feet but
they should start backing down soon.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=44097

**** foam movie in the making....

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/fox-...-foam-20110827

Too bad this streaker wasn't covered in foam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewb_N...ature=youtu.be

-HB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg