Default Where should the credit go?

On Wed, 04 May 2011 13:45:05 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 04 May 2011 09:23:22 -0700,
wrote:

On Wed, 04 May 2011 11:29:32 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:23:56 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

If that's your evaluation, give Bush an "F," because he stated several
times he just wasn't that interested in running down Osama.

I really think this was just to do what I have been saying we should
be doing all along, lull OBL into a bit of complacency so we can catch
up to him,

Remember my squirrel hunting analogy. When you want to hunt squirrels
you sit quietly by a tree and ignore them until they get comfortable
enough to come out and run around. If you are looking for them you
will seldom see them

Note we are talking about wild squirrels, not the ones in your bird
feeder. Even those would get pretty hard to find if you started
shooting at them.

Wow... you just can't help yourself in defending Bush can you. He
screwed up this economy, he invaded a country that didn't attack us
and lied about it to the American people, he gutted social programs
here, and he ran our credibility into the ground. But all that's ok
with you.

Is there anything you don't know about or have predicted?

You can go back and read what I predicted.

No thanks. You're no oracle and anyone with half a brain can use
enough wiggle language to claim an accurate prediction.

On Wed, 04 May 2011 13:40:34 -0400, Harryk

wrote:

If that's your evaluation, give Bush an "F," because he stated several
times he just wasn't that interested in running down Osama.

I really think this was just to do what I have been saying we should
be doing all along, lull OBL into a bit of complacency so we can catch
up to him,

Remember my squirrel hunting analogy. When you want to hunt squirrels
you sit quietly by a tree and ignore them until they get comfortable
enough to come out and run around. If you are looking for them you
will seldom see them

Note we are talking about wild squirrels, not the ones in your bird
feeder. Even those would get pretty hard to find if you started
shooting at them.

Osama apparently moved to his palatial estate in 2005 or 2006, during
the Bush Admin, when it became apparent the Bush Admin was not looking
for him.

Yeah, but Bush was going to "smoke him out." Maybe he was talking
about Cheney?

wrote:

[...]

... where we found him. That was my point. If he was still running
around in the mountains or slipped off into Somalia or Yemen we may
never have found him. Our best chance was if he settled down somewhere
and let his guard down. Personally I think this would have worked out
faster if we had not invaded Afghanistan. He may have become less
guarded and made the critical mistake sooner.

Wow... so basically you're claiming Bush's incompetence was really
just brilliance hiding. Talk about delusional!

On Thu, 05 May 2011 14:02:21 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I have said Bush's invasions were all mistakes but thanks for trying
to put words in my mouth.

You're claiming that because of Bush's incompetence, we got OBL. Thus,
Bush must be brilliant and playing chess like Big Blue.

On Wed, 04 May 2011 15:03:52 -0400, wrote:

He may have become less
guarded and made the critical mistake sooner.

It turns out that it was one of his so called "trusted couriers" that
made the mistake by calling someone in the US that was under
surveilance.

On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, John H
wrote:

From yesterday's Washington Post:

"U.S. analysts and operatives spent years figuring out the courier’s identity, senior administration
officials said, concluding that he was a former protege of Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the self-declared
mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks who is being held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The courier "had our
constant attention," one official said.

Detainees "identified this man as one of the few al-Qaeda couriers trusted by bin Laden, [and]
indicated he might be living with or protecting bin Laden," the official said. But until four years
ago, the United States was unable to track the courier down or uncover his real name. In 2009, U.S.
officials narrowed down the region in Pakistan where the courier was working, senior administration
officials said."

'Years' it says. "Four years ago..." Well, that dumps it in Bush's lap.

http://tinyurl.com/6f65um6

Yesterday, Panetta admitted to Brian Williams that 'enhanced interrogation techniques', including
waterboarding, provided intel which ultimately lead to the attack.

http://tinyurl.com/6kz5423

I'll give Obama a 'C' for allowing the action to take place. He didn't do much else.

Wow... a racist and a liar gives Obama a "C". Call CNN.

On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, John H
wrote:

From yesterday's Washington Post:

[...]

oh for christ's sake

and what would you have given him if he'd sat on the info and waited
for more info

you morons just hate obama so there's NOTHING he could do that would
force you to admit he's more competent than your right wing ponies

On 04/05/2011 6:50 PM, Gene wrote:
On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, John
wrote:

From yesterday's Washington Post:

[...]

You would benefit from a deeper pursuit of this than what Panetta
said. He was wrong about releasing photos and he was wrong about
reliable responses from people under torture.

I don't know how we got so stupid, but we had a LOT more effective
interrogation techniques when dealing with captured Japanese in WWII
than we do now.....

Funny, with todays cocktails (drugs) I would have thought the opposite
unless years of apathy have set in.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

Take a look at ANY country, more debt more problems. So why do we allow
our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial?

Credit Score [email protected] General 0 February 10th 09 01:42 PM
What credit crunch? [email protected] General 4 October 9th 08 10:28 AM
What Credit crunch [email protected] General 1 October 1st 08 05:22 PM
Where Credit Is Due Bobsprit ASA 115 June 5th 04 10:35 AM