Default Where should the credit go?

Canuck57 wrote:
On 04/05/2011 6:50 PM, Gene wrote:
On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, John
wrote:

From yesterday's Washington Post:

"U.S. analysts and operatives spent years figuring out the courier’s
identity, senior administration
officials said, concluding that he was a former protege of Khalid
Sheik Mohammed, the self-declared
mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks who is being held at Guantanamo
Bay, Cuba. The courier "had our
constant attention," one official said.

Detainees "identified this man as one of the few al-Qaeda couriers
trusted by bin Laden, [and]
indicated he might be living with or protecting bin Laden," the
official said. But until four years
ago, the United States was unable to track the courier down or
uncover his real name. In 2009, U.S.
officials narrowed down the region in Pakistan where the courier was
working, senior administration
officials said."

'Years' it says. "Four years ago..." Well, that dumps it in Bush's lap.

http://tinyurl.com/6f65um6

Yesterday, Panetta admitted to Brian Williams that 'enhanced
interrogation techniques', including
waterboarding, provided intel which ultimately lead to the attack.

http://tinyurl.com/6kz5423

I'll give Obama a 'C' for allowing the action to take place. He
didn't do much else.

You would benefit from a deeper pursuit of this than what Panetta
said. He was wrong about releasing photos and he was wrong about
reliable responses from people under torture.

I don't know how we got so stupid, but we had a LOT more effective
interrogation techniques when dealing with captured Japanese in WWII
than we do now.....

Funny, with todays cocktails (drugs) I would have thought the opposite
unless years of apathy have set in.

You know about as much about that as you know about paper and documents.
In short, you know nothing.
jps jps is offline

On Wed, 04 May 2011 20:50:46 -0400, Gene
wrote:

On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, John H
wrote:

From yesterday's Washington Post:

[...]

JohnH continues to qualify himself as a partisan hack. When Bush did
well, there wasn't a liberal here who wasn't willing to give credit.

Obama revived a group that Bush had disbanded and those are the people
who doggedly pursued this to the conclusion we've witnessed.

Bush never had much patience, being a petulant little boy.

On Wed, 04 May 2011 20:50:46 -0400, Gene wrote:

On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, John H
wrote:

From yesterday's Washington Post:

[...]

Release of the photos was his opinion. Are you saying he lied about the 'enhanced interrogation
techniques'? Would Obama knowingly keep a liar in such a job?

On May 4, 8:50*pm, Gene wrote:
On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, John H

From yesterday's Washington Post:

--

Forté Agent 6.00 Build 1186

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover." * - Unknown

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
*http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

Even the liberal Washington Post is giving the credit where due.
Notice that they also credit the interrogation techniques so down-
played by the Obama bunch.

Maybe the liberals will learn something after all. Sure hope so.

http://tinyurl.com/3gklkaw

On Thu, 5 May 2011 04:32:19 -0700 (PDT), John H
wrote:

On May 4, 8:50*pm, Gene wrote:
On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:10:34 -0400, John H
wrote:

From yesterday's Washington Post:

[...]

If anything the water boarding perhaps confirmed other sources. All
this nonsense about OBL as though his capture is going to solve all
the problems of terrorism is astounding. Water boarding just brings us
down to their level. The "actionable" intelligence that perhaps was
gleaned from using it for sure had nothing to do with any immediate
threat.

Credit Score [email protected] General 0 February 10th 09 01:42 PM
What credit crunch? [email protected] General 4 October 9th 08 10:28 AM
What Credit crunch [email protected] General 1 October 1st 08 05:22 PM
Where Credit Is Due Bobsprit ASA 115 June 5th 04 10:35 AM