BoatBanter.com

-   -   Where should the credit go? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/130244-where-should-credit-go.html)

John H[_2_] May 4th 11 12:10 PM

Where should the credit go?

From yesterday's Washington Post:

"U.S. analysts and operatives spent years figuring out the courier’s identity, senior administration
officials said, concluding that he was a former protege of Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the self-declared
mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks who is being held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The courier "had our
constant attention," one official said.

Detainees "identified this man as one of the few al-Qaeda couriers trusted by bin Laden, [and]
indicated he might be living with or protecting bin Laden," the official said. But until four years
ago, the United States was unable to track the courier down or uncover his real name. In 2009, U.S.
officials narrowed down the region in Pakistan where the courier was working, senior administration
officials said."

'Years' it says. "Four years ago..." Well, that dumps it in Bush's lap.

http://tinyurl.com/6f65um6

Yesterday, Panetta admitted to Brian Williams that 'enhanced interrogation techniques', including
waterboarding, provided intel which ultimately lead to the attack.

http://tinyurl.com/6kz5423

I'll give Obama a 'C' for allowing the action to take place. He didn't do much else.

Harryk May 4th 11 12:23 PM

Where should the credit go?

John H wrote:
From yesterday's Washington Post:

[...]

If that's your evaluation, give Bush an "F," because he stated several
times he just wasn't that interested in running down Osama. And you are
overstating what the CIA director said.

The facts remain:

1. Bush and his cohorts failed to catch Osama.
2. Cheney, Bush & Rumsfeld, et al, lied us into an unnecessary and
really stupid war for purely political reasons.
3. Bush blew more than a trillion dollars on that stupid war.
4. Bush hurt our reputation around the world.

It's really funny that some of the Bush apologists are now trying to
claim partial credit for the killing of Osama. Sorry, Repubs...that
don't won't hunt. Your team failed.

Tim May 4th 11 12:50 PM

Where should the credit go?

Here, just for the fun of it...

http://utopianist.com/wp-content/upl...lled-trump.jpg

Harryk May 4th 11 01:08 PM

Where should the credit go?

Tim wrote:
Here, just for the fun of it...

http://utopianist.com/wp-content/upl...lled-trump.jpg

Funny and apt.

Trump has at least temporarily replaced Limbaugh as holder of the WWF
Political Sleaze belt.

Canuck57[_9_] May 4th 11 04:14 PM

Where should the credit go?

On 04/05/2011 5:23 AM, Harryk wrote:
John H wrote:
From yesterday's Washington Post:

[...]

And Obama agreed with Bush so what is your point? The reality is it
became politically convenient to kill Osama.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Canuck57[_9_] May 4th 11 04:24 PM

Where should the credit go?

On 04/05/2011 5:50 AM, Tim wrote:
Here, just for the fun of it...

http://utopianist.com/wp-content/upl...lled-trump.jpg

I will say this, the timing of getting Osama Bin Laden stinks of
politics. Don't get me wrong, Osama was a first class kill that was
long over due.

But right after the NATO/US-FR killed Gadhafi grand children and
innocents in Libya and the growing lack of support of assassination
without indictment, without due process?

Osama had over 300 indictments and warrants.

Obama even admitted he knew since August. But why just days after the
child murders in Libya?

Might I suggest it was about PR...not just Pakistan knew...US did too.
It was about convenience to draw focus off of Libya NATO-US murders of
the children.

I_am_Tosk May 4th 11 04:29 PM

Where should the credit go?

In article ,
says...

On 04/05/2011 5:23 AM, Harryk wrote:
John H wrote:
From yesterday's Washington Post:

[...]

"Your team failed".. The moron really thinks Obama used a different
"team" than Bush? Now that's rich... It was the same team, they just
finally won.

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

I_am_Tosk May 4th 11 04:46 PM

Where should the credit go?

In article ,
says...

On 04/05/2011 5:50 AM, Tim wrote:
Here, just for the fun of it...

http://utopianist.com/wp-content/upl...lled-trump.jpg

I will say this, the timing of getting Osama Bin Laden stinks of
politics. Don't get me wrong, Osama was a first class kill that was
long over due.

But right after the NATO/US-FR killed Gadhafi grand children and
innocents in Libya and the growing lack of support of assassination
without indictment, without due process?

Osama had over 300 indictments and warrants.

Obama even admitted he knew since August. But why just days after the
child murders in Libya?

Might I suggest it was about PR...not just Pakistan knew...US did too.
It was about convenience to draw focus off of Libya NATO-US murders of
the children.

Gotta' admit, just a week or so after officially kicking off his
campaign for 2012, you could be on to something. Either way, it's now a
campaign prop for Obama, and you can be sure nothing will be done for
Americans until after the next election.. And if Obamas first term was
any indication, nothing will get done then either. At least nothing but
paying off the folks who re-elected him...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

John H[_2_] May 4th 11 04:46 PM

Where should the credit go?

On Wed, 4 May 2011 04:50:52 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Here, just for the fun of it...

http://utopianist.com/wp-content/upl...lled-trump.jpg

Careful, Tim. The liberals are already *extremely* upset that Osama didn't receive a fair trial, but
was instead shot while defenseless.

You know, I've reached a decision. When Harry accuses Scotty of pedophilia, and therefore is
accusing Scotty's daughter of incest, I think he's committing a vile act. Likewise, when Scotty
accuses Harry of pedophilia, without any basis, Scotty is committing a vile act.

Therefore, I've decided to have nothing to do with either of them. They both owe each other an
apology. Hopefully they're both man enough to do so.

I_am_Tosk May 4th 11 04:47 PM

Where should the credit go?

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 04 May 2011 07:23:56 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

If that's your evaluation, give Bush an "F," because he stated several
times he just wasn't that interested in running down Osama.

I really think this was just to do what I have been saying we should
be doing all along, lull OBL into a bit of complacency so we can catch
up to him,

Remember my squirrel hunting analogy. When you want to hunt squirrels
you sit quietly by a tree and ignore them until they get comfortable
enough to come out and run around. If you are looking for them you
will seldom see them

Note we are talking about wild squirrels, not the ones in your bird
feeder. Even those would get pretty hard to find if you started
shooting at them.

Plum understands that completely. She is just incapable of getting by
here "Bush derangement syndrome". It's sad when someone who might
otherwise be a good person turns into a lying hypocrite when politics
comes into play...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!