jps jps is offline

Default TRailer wiring harness

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:25:00 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:14:28 -0400, Gene
wrote:

So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

Just make your own with quality wire and adhesive shrink fit
connectors. Silicone grease is your friend.....

Do you put silicone grease directly on the wire before making the
crimp?

I think he was talking about the wire pull?
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 12, 6:37*pm, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In article a8ccf3c0-996e-4601-a0b3-22e55ecef387
@b13g2000prf.googlegroups.com, says...

Tried to install the new lights on my trailer only to find all the
wiring eaten up by corrosion and all the connectors on the trailer
corroded. *None of it was tinned wire. *This is OEM wiring in an EZ
Loader trailer so beware.
So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

I think you will have to make your own. I have never seen a production
one that didn't have that problem.. Like I said before, I just plan on
buying a cheap set every year and replacing them... Usually about $25-
35, the Walmart ones last just as long as West Marine ones.. All the
same ****...

Here's another option:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=

When i bought my parts boat, the trailer was good but the lights were
rotten. I took one of these,and mounted them portable. i towed the
boat 135 mi at 55mph and the lights held in place . . I took them off
and put them back on the shelf. you might consider this seeing you
can remove them before launching and keep them out of the brine.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

Just make your own with quality wire and adhesive shrink fit
connectors. Silicone grease is your friend.....

Do you put silicone grease directly on the wire before making the
crimp?

I think he was talking about the wire pull?

Most wire pulls don't involve passing it through conduit.... but if
that is the case, use a proper wire pulling lubricant....

So, what are you using the silicone grease for? Are you talking about
a conductive silicone grease?
jps jps is offline

wrote:

So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

Just make your own with quality wire and adhesive shrink fit
connectors. Silicone grease is your friend.....

Do you put silicone grease directly on the wire before making the
crimp?

I think he was talking about the wire pull?

Most wire pulls don't involve passing it through conduit.... but if
that is the case, use a proper wire pulling lubricant....

So, what are you using the silicone grease for? Are you talking about
a conductive silicone grease?

Silicone grease is, by definition, NOT conductive.... it is a good
thermal conductor and will help keep moisture out of electrical
junctions....

So, you're applying it around the junction as a moisture barrier, not
in it, correct?

On 3/13/2011 10:14 AM, Gene wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:37:56 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

Tried to install the new lights on my trailer only to find all the
wiring eaten up by corrosion and all the connectors on the trailer
corroded. None of it was tinned wire. This is OEM wiring in an EZ
Loader trailer so beware.
So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

Just make your own with quality wire and adhesive shrink fit
connectors. Silicone grease is your friend.....

The Ancor products previously mentioned can be had for a reasonable
price.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

Just make your own with quality wire and adhesive shrink fit
connectors. Silicone grease is your friend.....

Do you put silicone grease directly on the wire before making the
crimp?

I think he was talking about the wire pull?

Most wire pulls don't involve passing it through conduit.... but if
that is the case, use a proper wire pulling lubricant....

So, what are you using the silicone grease for? Are you talking about
a conductive silicone grease?

Silicone grease is, by definition, NOT conductive.... it is a good
thermal conductor and will help keep moisture out of electrical
junctions....

So, you're applying it around the junction as a moisture barrier, not
in it, correct?

It is pretty common to have the silicone gel right in the connector
with underground splices. The mechanical pressure will squeeze it out
of the actual joint but leave the rest of the connector flooded with
silicone.

That's cool. With all the weather we get here, I think it's a good
idea for all crimps. I use silicone grease on the seals of my car top
to keep it from squeeking and have used it to reassemble ceramic
faucet parts. Good stuff.

Wiring harness grounding to aluminum boat edolo[_2_] General 7 April 26th 09 04:12 PM
Help identifying correct part number for trim/tilt relay wiring harness? Chuck General 28 December 2nd 08 04:32 AM
trailer wiring question........ [email protected] General 3 October 15th 06 01:58 AM
Trailer Wiring Repir Don Dando General 1 July 19th 06 01:22 AM
Trailer wiring problem [email protected] General 6 July 14th 06 10:42 PM