Tim Tim is offline

Default TRailer wiring harness

On Mar 12, 6:37*pm, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In article a8ccf3c0-996e-4601-a0b3-22e55ecef387
@b13g2000prf.googlegroups.com, says...

Tried to install the new lights on my trailer only to find all the
wiring eaten up by corrosion and all the connectors on the trailer
corroded. *None of it was tinned wire. *This is OEM wiring in an EZ
Loader trailer so beware.
So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

I think you will have to make your own. I have never seen a production
one that didn't have that problem.. Like I said before, I just plan on
buying a cheap set every year and replacing them... Usually about $25-
35, the Walmart ones last just as long as West Marine ones.. All the
same ****...

Here's another option:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=

When i bought my parts boat, the trailer was good but the lights were
rotten. I took one of these,and mounted them portable. i towed the
boat 135 mi at 55mph and the lights held in place . . I took them off
and put them back on the shelf. you might consider this seeing you
can remove them before launching and keep them out of the brine.