Default TRailer wiring harness

Tried to install the new lights on my trailer only to find all the
wiring eaten up by corrosion and all the connectors on the trailer
corroded. None of it was tinned wire. This is OEM wiring in an EZ
Loader trailer so beware.
So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

On Mar 12, 5:37*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
Tried to install the new lights on my trailer only to find all the
wiring eaten up by corrosion and all the connectors on the trailer
corroded. *None of it was tinned wire. *This is OEM wiring in an EZ
Loader trailer so beware.
So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

Turns out Ancor sells 4 wire tinned flat cable for use in wirinng
harnesses.

On 3/12/11 6:00 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:37 pm, wrote:
Tried to install the new lights on my trailer only to find all the
wiring eaten up by corrosion and all the connectors on the trailer
corroded. None of it was tinned wire. This is OEM wiring in an EZ
Loader trailer so beware.
So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

Turns out Ancor sells 4 wire tinned flat cable for use in wirinng
harnesses.

This vendor claims it uses tinned wi

http://marineengineparts.com/shopsit...l/page177.html

On Mar 12, 9:36*pm, L G wrote:
Harryk wrote:
On 3/12/11 6:37 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In articlea8ccf3c0-996e-4601-a0b3-22e55ecef387
@b13g2000prf.googlegroups.com, says...

Tried to install the new lights on my trailer only to find all the
wiring eaten up by corrosion and all the connectors on the trailer
corroded. *None of it was tinned wire. *This is OEM wiring in an EZ
Loader trailer so beware.
So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

I think you will have to make your own. I have never seen a production
one that didn't have that problem.. Like I said before, I just plan on
buying a cheap set every year and replacing them... Usually about $25-
35, the Walmart ones last just as long as West Marine ones.. All the
same ****...

You buy a wiring harness for a trailer for a boat that sits rotting in
your yard, full of leaves and raccoon ****?

He has a boat. *Why the hell are you here, WAFA?

Looks like its gonna be Ancor tinned trailer wire and the adhesive
lined supposedly salt waterproof heatshrink crimp connectors. The
weak point will continue to be the lights but at least I will know my
connections work.
This should not be rocket science. Why is is it so difficult to make
butt crimp connectors that are inserted in a snap cover filled with
silicon? I do have the type of wire nuts that are waterproof (and
expensive). They contain some gel stuff and am not sure they can be
re-used.

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:14:28 -0400, Gene
wrote:

So, Does anybody sell wiring harnesses with marine tinned wire or
should I simply make my own?

Just make your own with quality wire and adhesive shrink fit
connectors. Silicone grease is your friend.....

Do you put silicone grease directly on the wire before making the
crimp?

On 3/12/2011 11:35 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
On Mar 12, 9:36 pm, L wrote:
Harryk wrote:
[...]

Smear the bulbs and sockets with dielectric grease. You might be tempted
to use the trailer frame as a ground, but the way various bulbs are
attached to the frame is the Achilles heal of the whole wiring setup.
When you get to a launch ramp, get in the habit of unplugging the
trailer wiring from the car and let the bulbs cool for a few minutes
before launching.

Wiring harness grounding to aluminum boat edolo[_2_] General 7 April 26th 09 04:12 PM
Help identifying correct part number for trim/tilt relay wiring harness? Chuck General 28 December 2nd 08 05:32 AM
trailer wiring question........ [email protected] General 3 October 15th 06 01:58 AM
Trailer Wiring Repir Don Dando General 1 July 19th 06 01:22 AM
Trailer wiring problem [email protected] General 6 July 14th 06 10:42 PM