Default OT Good eats

There's a restaurant in town called the Cactus Cantina. One of their specialties
is 'Pollo Chipotle'. They wouldn't give me the recipe, so I played around with a
couple variations and came up with this. It's as good as the original.

Chipotle Chicken - John's Way

1 large green pepper (cut in thin strips)
1 large red pepper (cut in thin strips)
1 large onion (cut in thin strips)
2 chicken breasts (halves)

¾ cup whipping cream
¾ cup chicken broth
2 or 3 canned chipotle peppers* (remove seeds)
1 tbsp adobe sauce from the chipotle peppers can
3-5 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice (fresh is best)
½ tsp ground cumin

*three will make this quite warm!

With chicken breasts on their sides, slice each in half lengthwise. Put on hot
grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Don't overcook! As chicken is doing it's
thing, sauté the peppers and onion to your desired degree of doneness in a large
pan. Once chicken is done, cut it into strips about ¼" thick.

Put the chicken broth, the chipotle peppers, the adobe sauce from the can, the
garlic, the cumin and the lemon juice in a blender. Blend for a few seconds to
liquefy everything.

Put the chicken strips, the peppers and onions, and the liquefied chipotles,
etc, into the frying pan. While stirring, bring everything to a simmer. Let
simmer for a few minutes just to get everything nice and hot again.

Once everything is hot and done, add the whipping cream. Stir and bring
everything back to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve with fresh soft tacos
immediately.

And, a smear of sour cream on the taco adds a nice touch.

Remember - everything's flexible!

Note: The addition of about 5 tablespoons of honey mustard transforms the sauce
into a great sauce for grilled, fried, or broiled salmon.

In article ,
says...

There's a restaurant in town called the Cactus Cantina. One of their specialties
is 'Pollo Chipotle'. They wouldn't give me the recipe, so I played around with a
couple variations and came up with this. It's as good as the original.

Chipotle Chicken - John's Way

1 large green pepper (cut in thin strips)
1 large red pepper (cut in thin strips)
1 large onion (cut in thin strips)
2 chicken breasts (halves)

? cup whipping cream
? cup chicken broth
2 or 3 canned chipotle peppers* (remove seeds)
1 tbsp adobe sauce from the chipotle peppers can
3-5 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice (fresh is best)
? tsp ground cumin

*three will make this quite warm!

With chicken breasts on their sides, slice each in half lengthwise. Put on hot
grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Don't overcook! As chicken is doing it's
thing, sauté the peppers and onion to your desired degree of doneness in a large
pan. Once chicken is done, cut it into strips about ?" thick.

Put the chicken broth, the chipotle peppers, the adobe sauce from the can, the
garlic, the cumin and the lemon juice in a blender. Blend for a few seconds to
liquefy everything.

Put the chicken strips, the peppers and onions, and the liquefied chipotles,
etc, into the frying pan. While stirring, bring everything to a simmer. Let
simmer for a few minutes just to get everything nice and hot again.

Once everything is hot and done, add the whipping cream. Stir and bring
everything back to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve with fresh soft tacos
immediately.

And, a smear of sour cream on the taco adds a nice touch.

Remember - everything's flexible!

Note: The addition of about 5 tablespoons of honey mustard transforms the sauce
into a great sauce for grilled, fried, or broiled salmon.

Sounds great man.. I might try a similar thing with the two roasters I
am cooking tonight..

Tim Tim is offline

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r...play.asp?id=78
mmc mmc is offline

"Tim" wrote in message

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r...play.asp?id=78
==========
That looks good, fast too.
Don't go to Olive Garden much and seems I never get past their mussels in
garlic butter and stuffed mushroom caps with a salad and bread.
Now I'm hungry.

Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 10, 6:03*pm, Gene wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:52:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r..._display.asp?i...

Since most of the posters have wandered so far off topic they have
become rabidly angry.....

I'll bring this back on topic with some sea food and with an eye
towards improving the overall happiness quotient...

http://tinyurl.com/4wxpkzl

--
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are
enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
*http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

Forté Agent 6.00 Build 1186

I never heard of such. a raw egg in beer was my german grandfathers
favorite, but a raw oystah in a bloody mary?

hmmmm. i suppose that would work too.

wrote:

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r...play.asp?id=78

Since most of the posters have wandered so far off topic they have
become rabidly angry.....

I'll bring this back on topic with some sea food and with an eye
towards improving the overall happiness quotient...

http://tinyurl.com/4wxpkzl

**** Gene. All that vodka, and I don't drink. Damn, guess I'll just have to eat
the oysters out of the jar with a little horseradish sauce. Damn shame.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:52:11 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r...play.asp?id=78

That might be worth trying. I once tried to make it, but it tasted like crap.
What brand of Marsala wine do you use, or does it make any difference?
Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 10, 6:03*pm, "MMC" wrote:
"Tim" *wrote in message

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r..._display.asp?i...
==========
That looks good, fast too.
Don't go to Olive Garden much and seems I never get past their mussels in
garlic butter and stuffed mushroom caps with a salad and bread.
Now I'm hungry.

I kinda figured out the salad on my own, which is nothing mroe than a
tossed salad with a small jar of black olives (and juice) poured over
it, and a small jar (and juice) of pepperzini's on top of that. mix
good and go.
Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 10, 8:53*pm, John H wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:52:11 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r..._display.asp?i...

That might be worth trying. I once tried to make it, but it tasted like crap.
What brand of Marsala wine do you use, or does it make any difference?

It doesn't really make any difference John. i've used the $9.95 a
bottle stuff and also the $3.00 hootch and it doesn't seem to matter.

Good Seafood Eats HarryK General 16 November 9th 10 02:39 PM
Subaru AWD eats traction tires. Lloyd Bonafide ASA 19 August 29th 07 04:18 AM
Sloco eats more Stupid Cake!!!! Capt. Rob ASA 7 July 22nd 06 02:51 PM
The noon sight -Neal eats all the boots Bobsprit ASA 7 December 10th 03 07:10 PM
Eats water pumps when using muffs? Racker UK Power Boats 1 September 6th 03 09:18 PM