jps jps is offline

Default OT Good eats

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:32:51 -0500, "MMC" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

There's a restaurant in town called the Cactus Cantina. One of their
specialties
is 'Pollo Chipotle'. They wouldn't give me the recipe, so I played around
with a
couple variations and came up with this. It's as good as the original.

Chipotle Chicken - John's Way

1 large green pepper (cut in thin strips)
1 large red pepper (cut in thin strips)
1 large onion (cut in thin strips)
2 chicken breasts (halves)

¾ cup whipping cream
¾ cup chicken broth
2 or 3 canned chipotle peppers* (remove seeds)
1 tbsp adobe sauce from the chipotle peppers can
3-5 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice (fresh is best)
½ tsp ground cumin

*three will make this quite warm!

With chicken breasts on their sides, slice each in half lengthwise. Put on
hot
grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Don't overcook! As chicken is doing
it's
thing, sauté the peppers and onion to your desired degree of doneness in a
large
pan. Once chicken is done, cut it into strips about ¼" thick.

Put the chicken broth, the chipotle peppers, the adobe sauce from the can,
the
garlic, the cumin and the lemon juice in a blender. Blend for a few seconds
liquefy everything.

Put the chicken strips, the peppers and onions, and the liquefied chipotles,
etc, into the frying pan. While stirring, bring everything to a simmer. Let
simmer for a few minutes just to get everything nice and hot again.

Once everything is hot and done, add the whipping cream. Stir and bring
everything back to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve with fresh soft
tacos
immediately.

And, a smear of sour cream on the taco adds a nice touch.

Remember - everything's flexible!

Note: The addition of about 5 tablespoons of honey mustard transforms the
sauce
into a great sauce for grilled, fried, or broiled salmon.
=====
Sound great!

Someone please tell the cultural ignoramus that it's a tortilla, not a
taco.
jps jps is offline

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:03:13 -0500, "MMC" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r...play.asp?id=78
==========
That looks good, fast too.
Don't go to Olive Garden much and seems I never get past their mussels in
garlic butter and stuffed mushroom caps with a salad and bread.
Now I'm hungry.

There are 50 recipes on the web that make the Olive Garden recipe for
Marsala look like the chain store it is. "Fresh mushrooms?" What
kind of fresh mushrooms? Button like in the photo? Doesn't add
anything to the flavor and the texture is pedestrian. I use
portabella mushrooms sliced thin and a good marsala.

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r..._display.asp?i...
==========
That looks good, fast too.
Don't go to Olive Garden much and seems I never get past their mussels in
garlic butter and stuffed mushroom caps with a salad and bread.
Now I'm hungry.

There are 50 recipes on the web that make the Olive Garden recipe for
Marsala look like the chain store it is. *"Fresh mushrooms?" *What
kind of fresh mushrooms? *Button like in the photo? *Doesn't add
anything to the flavor and the texture is pedestrian. *I use
portabella mushrooms sliced thin and a good marsala.

Jolly good for you. When entertaining your 'friends' I suppose you
insist on using genuine KY brand jelly over generic as well.

On Feb 11, 2:41*am, jps wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:32:51 -0500, "MMC" wrote:

"John H" *wrote in message
.. .

[...]

It is simple, Boy George. You make it your way, he makes it his.
Besides Dufus, did you not consider you can apply the sour cream
BEFORE you wrap the ingredient in a tortilla to make the taco?

Like the liberal kumquat you are; probably not..

On 2/11/11 3:41 AM, jps wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:32:51 -0500, wrote:

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

I can hardly wait for herring's version of Chicken a la Popeye, Floating
in an Ocean of Greasy Spice, accompanied by your favorite variety of
wine in a plastic bag.

In article ,
says...

There's a restaurant in town called the Cactus Cantina. One of their specialties
is 'Pollo Chipotle'. They wouldn't give me the recipe, so I played around with a
couple variations and came up with this. It's as good as the original.

Chipotle Chicken - John's Way

1 large green pepper (cut in thin strips)
1 large red pepper (cut in thin strips)
1 large onion (cut in thin strips)
2 chicken breasts (halves)

? cup whipping cream
? cup chicken broth
2 or 3 canned chipotle peppers* (remove seeds)
1 tbsp adobe sauce from the chipotle peppers can
3-5 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice (fresh is best)
? tsp ground cumin

*three will make this quite warm!

With chicken breasts on their sides, slice each in half lengthwise. Put on hot
grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Don't overcook! As chicken is doing it's
thing, sauté the peppers and onion to your desired degree of doneness in a large
pan. Once chicken is done, cut it into strips about ?" thick.

Put the chicken broth, the chipotle peppers, the adobe sauce from the can, the
garlic, the cumin and the lemon juice in a blender. Blend for a few seconds to
liquefy everything.

Put the chicken strips, the peppers and onions, and the liquefied chipotles,
etc, into the frying pan. While stirring, bring everything to a simmer. Let
simmer for a few minutes just to get everything nice and hot again.

Once everything is hot and done, add the whipping cream. Stir and bring
everything back to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve with fresh soft tacos
immediately.

And, a smear of sour cream on the taco adds a nice touch.

Remember - everything's flexible!

Note: The addition of about 5 tablespoons of honey mustard transforms the sauce
into a great sauce for grilled, fried, or broiled salmon.

Sounds good, I'm going to try it.

In article ,
says...

"Tim" wrote in message

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r...play.asp?id=78
==========
That looks good, fast too.
Don't go to Olive Garden much and seems I never get past their mussels in
garlic butter and stuffed mushroom caps with a salad and bread.
Now I'm hungry.

There are 50 recipes on the web that make the Olive Garden recipe for
Marsala look like the chain store it is. "Fresh mushrooms?" What
kind of fresh mushrooms? Button like in the photo? Doesn't add
anything to the flavor and the texture is pedestrian. I use
portabella mushrooms sliced thin and a good marsala.

Of course. Like Harry you are far too cultured and refined for this
group. Asshole.

In article ,
says...

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

This from the moron that thinks boiling meat in a bag is the only way to
go.

Good Seafood Eats HarryK General 16 November 9th 10 02:39 PM
Subaru AWD eats traction tires. Lloyd Bonafide ASA 19 August 29th 07 04:18 AM
Sloco eats more Stupid Cake!!!! Capt. Rob ASA 7 July 22nd 06 02:51 PM
The noon sight -Neal eats all the boots Bobsprit ASA 7 December 10th 03 07:10 PM
Eats water pumps when using muffs? Racker UK Power Boats 1 September 6th 03 09:18 PM