Default OT Good eats

On Feb 11, 10:25*am, Harryk wrote:
On 2/11/11 7:47 AM, BAR wrote:

In ,
says...
Someone please tell the cultural ignoramus that it's a tortilla, not a
taco.

A taco is just a tortilla folded over and held in your hand.

A quesadilla is just a tortilla folded over and fried.

Actually, a tortilla has to be folded over and have some sort of filling
to be called a taco.

Further, there are several completely different kinds of tortilla, not
just the ones from Mexico with which you are familiar.

And, further, while a quesadilla can be fried, there are varieties that
are not.

Perhaps you should expand your knowledge of that sort of food beyond
what is served at a Gaithersburg Taco Bell. And no, I am not knocking
Taco Bell. A trip to different parts of Mexico, Central and South
America would open your eyes, as would a visit to Spain.

Just remember...Felons like him cant leave the US.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

Bertie is a felon?

I don't think so.

If Bertie is a birther, the proper response is,
"That's what he says."
And that's being generous.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 00:08:37 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:46:36 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Feb 10, 8:53*pm, John H wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:52:11 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:
i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r..._display.asp?i...

That might be worth trying. I once tried to make it, but it tasted like crap.
What brand of Marsala wine do you use, or does it make any difference?

It doesn't really make any difference John. i've used the $9.95 a
bottle stuff and also the $3.00 hootch and it doesn't seem to matter.

Found something I really like watching the Super Bowl

I made up a batch of home made salsa (not that ketchup and chili
powder stuff you get at the store) and I put some on a hot dog. That
was pretty good stuff.

Recipe? Or are we supposed to be long distance mind readers?

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 00:04:44 -0500, wrote:

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r...play.asp?id=78

That might be worth trying. I once tried to make it, but it tasted like crap.
What brand of Marsala wine do you use, or does it make any difference?

The trick with marsala sauce is you need to start with some Prosciutto
in the pan with the butter and add a splash of heavy whipping cream,
then a big jolt of the marsalla and cook it down slow. If you get it
too hot you will "break" the sauce.

I think that might be what happened last time. My wife's gone for a week, so I
get to practice. Might give that a shot tomorrow night.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 03:04:05 -0800 (PST), TopBassDog
wrote:

On Feb 11, 2:51*am, jps wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:03:13 -0500, "MMC" wrote:

"Tim" *wrote in message

i guess they think that you're gonna get a copy cat recipe anyhow, so
they publish it themselves.

Even though they've changed it several times over the years, here's a
favorite of mine

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/r..._display.asp?i...
==========
That looks good, fast too.
Don't go to Olive Garden much and seems I never get past their mussels in
garlic butter and stuffed mushroom caps with a salad and bread.
Now I'm hungry.

There are 50 recipes on the web that make the Olive Garden recipe for
Marsala look like the chain store it is. *"Fresh mushrooms?" *What
kind of fresh mushrooms? *Button like in the photo? *Doesn't add
anything to the flavor and the texture is pedestrian. *I use
portabella mushrooms sliced thin and a good marsala.

Jolly good for you. When entertaining your 'friends' I suppose you
insist on using genuine KY brand jelly over generic as well.

LOL!

.....and shame on you.

Good Seafood Eats HarryK General 16 November 9th 10 02:39 PM
Subaru AWD eats traction tires. Lloyd Bonafide ASA 19 August 29th 07 04:18 AM
Sloco eats more Stupid Cake!!!! Capt. Rob ASA 7 July 22nd 06 02:51 PM
The noon sight -Neal eats all the boots Bobsprit ASA 7 December 10th 03 07:10 PM
Eats water pumps when using muffs? Racker UK Power Boats 1 September 6th 03 09:18 PM