Default New truck?

Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

Definitely. It makes perfect sense to spend $34,000 on a used truck
three model years old and pay $700 more to get it here. Go for it!

--
I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!

"Secular Humouresque" wrote in message
On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

Definitely. It makes perfect sense to spend $34,000 on a used truck three
model years old and pay $700 more to get it here. Go for it!

--

Not to mention it's only a 2WD model.
If I was going that deep in the hole.... especially for a used truck, it

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:33:53 -0400, Secular Humouresque wrote:

On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

Definitely. It makes perfect sense to spend $34,000 on a used truck
three model years old and pay $700 more to get it here. Go for it!

Thanks for your input, Harry.

"John H" wrote in message
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Too expensive. a 3 year old diesel would be the same or cheaper. Nice
truck, but the 10K tow rating is max and towing the gas mileage sucks.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:47:00 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Too expensive. a 3 year old diesel would be the same or cheaper. Nice
truck, but the 10K tow rating is max and towing the gas mileage sucks.

Well, I have to admit I like this one also.

http://tinyurl.com/25mfnlh
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:33:11 -0400, wrote:

On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

Definitely. It makes perfect sense to spend $34,000 on a used truck three
model years old and pay $700 more to get it here. Go for it!

--

Not to mention it's only a 2WD model.
If I was going that deep in the hole.... especially for a used truck, it
would be 4WD

I am not sure why anyone in Northern Va would need a 4wd. That is
needless complexity and lower gas mileage for a feature you might only
use once or twice a year in a freak snow storm.
I had a Jeep for 5 years across the river from him and I may have
actually used the 4wd for something where I really needed it 6 or 7
times. I probably should have stayed home and enjoyed my fireplace but
I had a Jeep.. Most of the time I was just out on the beltway heating
up 2 extra gear cases full of 90 wt.

Amen.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

In article ,
says...

Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

The best thing about that truck is the ARE tonneau cover on the bed.
I've had one for nearly 10 years on my F-150 SuperCrew and it has kept
the dry inside. I would pull out the hard liner and put in a Bed Rug.

If you are going to get a goose neck some day you might want to
reconsider. You really need the full size bed to accommodate the 5th
wheel.

In article ,
says...

On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

When I bought my truck I saved the $3,500 on the sticker by going 4X2
and I saved on the mileage by going with the 15 to 19 rather than the 13
to 17.

Great looking truck and color also. Looks just like my 2004 Crewcab diesel
that I paid less than that for in 2004. And depending on what you are going
to be towing, I would get a 3/4 ton if you go for a 5th wheel.

"John H" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:47:00 -0700, "Califbill"

wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
. ..
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are
too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Too expensive. a 3 year old diesel would be the same or cheaper. Nice
truck, but the 10K tow rating is max and towing the gas mileage sucks.

Well, I have to admit I like this one also.

http://tinyurl.com/25mfnlh
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Finally - a truck boat...or boat truck...or something... Tom Francis - SWSports General 0 October 17th 09 05:55 PM
What truck? Frogwatch General 79 September 13th 07 07:06 AM
Got a new truck! JR_FXLR General 17 May 28th 05 01:06 PM
truck-motor blabla Boat Building 1 August 26th 04 07:32 PM