John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default New truck?

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:33:11 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:00:19 -0300, "YukonBound"
wrote:

"Secular Humouresque" wrote in message
On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

Definitely. It makes perfect sense to spend $34,000 on a used truck three
model years old and pay $700 more to get it here. Go for it!

--

Not to mention it's only a 2WD model.
If I was going that deep in the hole.... especially for a used truck, it

I am not sure why anyone in Northern Va would need a 4wd. That is
needless complexity and lower gas mileage for a feature you might only
use once or twice a year in a freak snow storm.
I had a Jeep for 5 years across the river from him and I may have
actually used the 4wd for something where I really needed it 6 or 7
times. I probably should have stayed home and enjoyed my fireplace but
I had a Jeep.. Most of the time I was just out on the beltway heating
up 2 extra gear cases full of 90 wt.

Amen.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.