Default New truck?

On 10/16/10 9:31 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:

BFD what you think.. You are a poorly educated, broom pusher from some
slum 1000 miles north of anybody who counts. I see you and the boys
are still infatuated with me, something like 75 posts a day about me
from the three of you.. Sweet...

Now that is a really funny post from our favorite little right-wing
twerp, the very same fellow who has no education and couldn't hang onto
a job cleaning out a horse stable.

It's not that we're infatuated with you, it's just that you are very
much like a wreck on the highway...there's almost a compulsion to slow
down and take a look.

Besides, you're my *designated" moron. You're the only one of the
moronic ID spoofers whose posts I read. Be thankful.

--
Guns Don't Kill People -- Fundamentalist Religion Kills People!
mmc mmc is offline

"John H" wrote in message
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

When I did the build your own thing at Toyota.com, a double cab 4x2 with
5.7L v-8, off road pkg and spray in bed liner the price was $34-35k.
Cloth seats instead of leather, etc. but new.

On 10/16/10 10:40 AM, MMC wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are
too damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives
it a great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

When I did the build your own thing at Toyota.com, a double cab 4x2 with
5.7L v-8, off road pkg and spray in bed liner the price was $34-35k.
Cloth seats instead of leather, etc. but new.

And that's probably the MSRP...

"YukonBound" wrote in message ...

"Secular Humouresque" wrote in message
On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

Definitely. It makes perfect sense to spend $34,000 on a used truck three
model years old and pay $700 more to get it here. Go for it!

--

Not to mention it's only a 2WD model.
If I was going that deep in the hole.... especially for a used truck, it

And what would A RAV 4 grocery hauler station wagon driver know about trucks?

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a PC or a MAC, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a PC or a MAC, it's from an ID

The magnificent Boatless Harry

"John H" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:33:53 -0400, Secular Humouresque wrote:

On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

Definitely. It makes perfect sense to spend $34,000 on a used truck
three model years old and pay $700 more to get it here. Go for it!

Thanks for your input, Harry.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

I'm just wondering how they pack all them horsies into 5.7L.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a PC or a MAC, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a PC or a MAC, it's from an ID
spoofer who hasn't the balls to post with his current ID.

The magnificent Boatless Harry

"John H" wrote in message ...
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:47:00 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
. ..
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Too expensive. a 3 year old diesel would be the same or cheaper. Nice
truck, but the 10K tow rating is max and towing the gas mileage sucks.

Well, I have to admit I like this one also.

http://tinyurl.com/25mfnlh
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Someone else seems to have beat you to it.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a PC or a MAC, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a PC or a MAC, it's from an ID
spoofer who hasn't the balls to post with his current ID.

The magnificent Boatless Harry

wrote in message ...

On 10/15/10 1:24 PM, John H wrote:
Should I, or should I not? I've about decided that diesel pickups are too
damn
expensive. I'm looking pretty seriously at this:

http://tinyurl.com/27ehnzo

Any comments? Any experience with this beast? Consumer Reports gives it a
great
rating, and the damn thing will tow over 10K pounds.

Definitely. It makes perfect sense to spend $34,000 on a used truck three
model years old and pay $700 more to get it here. Go for it!

--

Not to mention it's only a 2WD model.
If I was going that deep in the hole.... especially for a used truck, it
would be 4WD

I am not sure why anyone in Northern Va would need a 4wd. That is
needless complexity and lower gas mileage for a feature you might only
use once or twice a year in a freak snow storm.
I had a Jeep for 5 years across the river from him and I may have
actually used the 4wd for something where I really needed it 6 or 7
times. I probably should have stayed home and enjoyed my fireplace but
I had a Jeep.. Most of the time I was just out on the beltway heating
up 2 extra gear cases full of 90 wt.

Boat launching and off road camping come to mind. And there is the occasional ice storm.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a PC or a MAC, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a PC or a MAC, it's from an ID
spoofer who hasn't the balls to post with his current ID.

The magnificent Boatless Harry

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:56:06 GMT, "A.Boater" wrote:

Well, since it looks like you've made the plunge, I, for one, would like
your impressions on the towing experiences of the truck. Personally, I think
you could have made a better choice, but maybe your experiences will prove
me wrong.

What would you have suggested? I'm not tied into this one yet. It's getting
moved to Potomac Mills, but I'm under no obligations. Even if I put the money
down, I've got five days to return it for a full refund.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 23:05:27 GMT, "A.Boater" wrote:

Well, let me know how it turns out. If you made a stupid purchase, I would
have been right in line just ahead or behind you. You will, of course, have
to listen to the anal twits here and their Guvmint Motors, crap, but I think
you made a very wise choice.

I made a pass on the diesel, this time, betting on the investments GM has
made in the product line. I don't know if you are keeping up, but the 2011+
diesel product lines offer a LOT of promises and innovations.

I'm assuming you got the Allison 6 speed. What is the rear axle ratio 3.73?

I haven't got it yet, and it's been taken off the site. Crap.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:28:26 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

This isn't my pic but I have one exactly like this. it's the closest
thing to a pick up that I need at the moment. It tows my boats jsut
fine.

now the pontoon? eh, I use my brothers Dodge/Cummins for that one.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2601/...5d38e021_z.jpg

With a few minutes and a torch, you could turn that thing into a pickup pretty
easily!
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Finally - a truck boat...or boat truck...or something... Tom Francis - SWSports General 0 October 17th 09 05:55 PM
What truck? Frogwatch General 79 September 13th 07 07:06 AM
Got a new truck! JR_FXLR General 17 May 28th 05 01:06 PM
truck-motor blabla Boat Building 1 August 26th 04 07:32 PM