BoatBanter.com

-   -   the rich get richer and the middle class poorer (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/118020-rich-get-richer-middle-class-poorer.html)

bpuharic September 8th 10 10:44 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

bpuharic September 9th 10 12:50 AM

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:35:12 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

ROFLMAO!! that's because liberals are smarter than conservatives!

Larry[_30_] September 9th 10 01:03 AM

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...-.jpg&newest=1

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 9th 10 01:11 AM

wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

That's right. The general population of blue states are better off than
those in the red states. This, I suppose, is a bad thing... that under
Democrat leadership, people tend to prosper.

lil abner[_2_] September 9th 10 02:31 AM

On 9/8/2010 5:44 PM, bpuharic wrote:
great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

I didn't know how bad home Construction is. One small business went out
that was building construction materials. However Lowes and Home Depot
are still around.
Another that excavated rock for building in other parts of the Country
shut down.
I hadn't really taken note until today that all the Craftsmen and
Tradesmen don't seem to be around the area. I don't know but they
probably went to where there was some construction.
Supplier Side Economics/Government is all about the wealth of
those that seized American Industry and is shipping away production and
cutting wages and importing near slave laborers while raising their
compensation by leaps and bounds.
Public Traded Corporations are really controlled for the fortunes of the
few running them.
Globalism is Feudalism. They already have the third world in their grip.
They cam for America's wealth and figure they still have a good run to
go here where there are resources to be exported and a talented people
that can be forced to work for slave labor wages to survive.
America is becoming a colony to Globalism that is not a Country but a
control mechanism for the power and wealth of the Global/Foreign
Merchant and Banker. If their first allegiance is to Globalism then they
have no allegiance to America.
They have a variety of terms they sling, as a force to silence,
Americans such as Isolationist. They are making decisions in Washington
for what is good for Globalism not Americans. That is their mantra they
believe that for the good of the Global Economy will cower and shut
Americans up Some how globalism will benefit us when our economy and
life style reach parity with the lowest common denominator of the third
world.
We do not desire to have our life style and economy reduced to the
lowest common denominator.

Jack[_3_] September 9th 10 03:50 AM

On Sep 8, 7:50*pm, bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:35:12 -0400, wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

ROFLMAO!! that's because liberals are smarter than conservatives!

LMAO!! You constantly whine about not having any money, and having
been screwed. So where does that leave you?
buffy = not too smart

jps September 9th 10 04:38 AM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:35:12 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

Yup, and Red states suck more than they produce.

jps September 9th 10 07:33 AM

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:34:19 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:38:27 -0700, jps wrote:

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

Yup, and Red states suck more than they produce.

Interesting take from a self professed liberal. I thought you folks
were for income redistribution. ;-)

Humor aside, I think it's big of me and all liberals. I'm completely
aware of the fact that Red states suck resources from blue states but
I accept that as a cost of citizenship in the USA.

If it were the other way around, the Red states would be having a
livid conniption with panties in full bunch mode. They **** and whine
about their lot now, even tho' they'd be bankrupt without our largess.

jps September 9th 10 07:34 AM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:16:15 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:11:24 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

That's right. The general population of blue states are better off than
those in the red states. This, I suppose, is a bad thing... that under
Democrat leadership, people tend to prosper.

Lawyers, doctors, insurance companies and government workers do a
whole lot better.

Sheesh, thought they had all those folks in Red states too.

jps September 9th 10 07:35 AM

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:22:46 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 21:31:57 -0400, lil abner wrote:

One small business went out
that was building construction materials. However Lowes and Home Depot
are still around.

They sell Chinese products on the cheap. They are still pretty slow.
You certainly have no problem finding a parking space. Finding someone
who knows anything in the store is tough tho. They are running pretty
lean.
Their business model is "this is a do it yourself store", If you want
to find something, do it yourself. If you want it tied on your car, do
it yourself. Most HD/Lowes these days even want you to check your
stuff out yourself.

I hate all the Chinese crap they sell. I look for alternatives
whenever possible. It's getting harder every day.

bpuharic September 9th 10 10:11 AM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:50:37 -0700 (PDT), Jack
wrote:

On Sep 8, 7:50*pm, bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:35:12 -0400, wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

ROFLMAO!! that's because liberals are smarter than conservatives!

LMAO!! You constantly whine about not having any money, and having
been screwed. So where does that leave you?
buffy = not too smart

it leaves me with the other members of the middle class who are hated
by the right

bpuharic September 9th 10 10:12 AM

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:13:42 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:50:18 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

ROFLMAO!! that's because liberals are smarter than conservatives!

If you are so smart, why haven't you had a raise in 37 years?

because the right wing has tunred the US into a plutocracy

ever look up how many members of blue collar families go to ivy league
schools?

ever look up the rates of social mobility in the US?

1 of 2 conclusions is possible:

1. ALL children of blue collar workers are stupid
2. there is little social mobility in the US

gee. i wonder which of these the DATA supports...tell me, right
winger...which is true?

Aggravated September 9th 10 11:50 AM

wrote:

On Sep 8, 7:50 pm, bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:35:12 -0400, wrote:
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

ROFLMAO!! that's because liberals are smarter than conservatives!

LMAO!! You constantly whine about not having any money, and having
been screwed. So where does that leave you?
buffy = not too smart

it leaves me with the other members of the middle class who are hated
by the right

You definition of middle class includes what income range?

BAR[_2_] September 9th 10 12:54 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:38:27 -0700, jps wrote:

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

Yup, and Red states suck more than they produce.

Interesting take from a self professed liberal. I thought you folks
were for income redistribution. ;-)

That depends upons whose income is being redistributed.

BAR[_2_] September 9th 10 01:00 PM

wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:38:27 -0700, jps wrote:

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

Yup, and Red states suck more than they produce.

Interesting take from a self professed liberal. I thought you folks
were for income redistribution. ;-)

Humor aside, I think it's big of me and all liberals. I'm completely
aware of the fact that Red states suck resources from blue states but
I accept that as a cost of citizenship in the USA.

If it were the other way around, the Red states would be having a
livid conniption with panties in full bunch mode. They **** and whine
about their lot now, even tho' they'd be bankrupt without our largess.

You should do some research and find out what the blue states produce
versus what the red states produce. Without raw materials you cannot
produce anything.

Secular Humorist[_2_] September 9th 10 03:08 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On 9/9/10 8:00 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:38:27 -0700, wrote:

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

Yup, and Red states suck more than they produce.

Interesting take from a self professed liberal. I thought you folks
were for income redistribution. ;-)

Humor aside, I think it's big of me and all liberals. I'm completely
aware of the fact that Red states suck resources from blue states but
I accept that as a cost of citizenship in the USA.

If it were the other way around, the Red states would be having a
livid conniption with panties in full bunch mode. They **** and whine
about their lot now, even tho' they'd be bankrupt without our largess.

You should do some research and find out what the blue states produce
versus what the red states produce. Without raw materials you cannot
produce anything.

Tell that to the Japanese.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Harry ¿ September 9th 10 03:17 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

"Secular Humorist" wrote in message
On 9/9/10 8:00 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Another asshole for the bozo bin.

Secular Humorist[_2_] September 9th 10 03:34 PM

On 9/9/10 10:17 AM, Harry ¿ wrote:
"Secular Humorist" wrote in message
On 9/9/10 8:00 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

You think Japan is rich in raw materials, eh?
Another moron ID faker is what you are.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Secular Humorist[_3_] September 9th 10 05:31 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On 9/9/10 12:25 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:00:00 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Actually manufacturing is increasingly moving to the red states.
Unfortunately Bob is right.

Because it is easier to exploit red state workers.

Secular Humorist[_3_] September 9th 10 05:33 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On 9/9/10 12:28 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:08:41 -0400, Secular
wrote:

On 9/9/10 8:00 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Last time I looked the Japanese were in more trouble than us.
Their manufacturing model failed when MDQ took over. (Market Driven
Quality) AKA WalMart

The point was in raw materials. The Japanese import most of theirs
to produce the goods they export.

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 9th 10 05:56 PM

wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:11:24 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

That's right. The general population of blue states are better off than
those in the red states. This, I suppose, is a bad thing... that under
Democrat leadership, people tend to prosper.

Lawyers, doctors, insurance companies and government workers do a
whole lot better.

I guess you think that the entirety of California is made up of those
people? You need to get out more.

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 9th 10 05:57 PM

wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:34:44 -0700, jps wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:16:15 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:11:24 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

That's right. The general population of blue states are better off than
those in the red states. This, I suppose, is a bad thing... that under
Democrat leadership, people tend to prosper.

Lawyers, doctors, insurance companies and government workers do a
whole lot better.

Sheesh, thought they had all those folks in Red states too.

Not as many and not as rich

Wow... I think you need to do more research!

http://www.averyindex.com/lawyers_per_capita.php

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 9th 10 05:58 PM

wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:38:27 -0700, jps wrote:

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

Yup, and Red states suck more than they produce.

Interesting take from a self professed liberal. I thought you folks
were for income redistribution. ;-)

You don't want to be rich? Ok.

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 9th 10 05:58 PM

wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:50:18 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

ROFLMAO!! that's because liberals are smarter than conservatives!

If you are so smart, why haven't you had a raise in 37 years?

Duhh... he's rich. He's a liberal and lives in a red state! lol

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 9th 10 06:00 PM

wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 21:31:57 -0400, lil abner wrote:

One small business went out
that was building construction materials. However Lowes and Home Depot
are still around.

They sell Chinese products on the cheap. They are still pretty slow.
You certainly have no problem finding a parking space. Finding someone
who knows anything in the store is tough tho. They are running pretty
lean.
Their business model is "this is a do it yourself store", If you want
to find something, do it yourself. If you want it tied on your car, do
it yourself. Most HD/Lowes these days even want you to check your
stuff out yourself.

HD/Lowes have excellent customer service. They explain things and help you
pick out the right items. They definitely help you load your car/truck. They
even deliver for a small charge, depending on the item, and they price
match. Not bad.

bpuharic September 9th 10 10:15 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 06:50:13 -0400, "Aggravated"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

it leaves me with the other members of the middle class who are hated
by the right

You definition of middle class includes what income range?

20-90% of the population

bpuharic September 9th 10 11:38 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 17:34:44 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:58:48 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:50:18 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

ROFLMAO!! that's because liberals are smarter than conservatives!

If you are so smart, why haven't you had a raise in 37 years?

Duhh... he's rich. He's a liberal and lives in a red state! lol

Eastern PA is about as blue as it gets.

sorry. born and raised in pittsburgh. PA is hard core red.

lil abner[_2_] September 9th 10 11:53 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On 9/9/2010 5:32 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:57:49 -0700,
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:34:44 -0700, wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 01:16:15 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:11:24 -0700,
wrote:

Lawyers, doctors, insurance companies and government workers do a
whole lot better.

Sheesh, thought they had all those folks in Red states too.

Not as many and not as rich

Wow... I think you need to do more research!

http://www.averyindex.com/lawyers_per_capita.php

You are right. Lawyers are a virus that has infected every nook and
cranny of the country sucking our blood like bedbugs.
I still bet big city lawyers make more than the ambulance chasers we
have here, simply because they have deeper pockets to pick.

A Lawyer in a small Town decided he wanted the local boat launch and
recreation of a neighborhood. Everyone, in the county, used it .
There were no public hearings no notification to the residents..nothing.
One day he told one Resident that he couldn't come back there again. he
fenced it off. He sold the tractor and mower etc that the neighbors had
kept there, to maintain it and sold them. Some of The Residents sought
the services of another Attorney. No one would take it saying there was
nothing they could do. In short it seems that they wouldn't do anything
to one of their small cliche.
Another Attorney got his car washed regularly at a local car wash, in a
southern city. The car wash offered a free rewash of any vehicle, if it
rained within it 24 hours. The Attorney started getting his car washed
and parking it in the garage and taking his wife's car to have it washed
.. The Owner caught on and said he couldn't do that. The lawyer said
what's the difference.
So the Owner quit giving coupons for the free re wash.
Another Resident of a small town wanted the local boat launch and dock
etc of another neighborhood. He wasn't a Lawyer but was in tight with
the small cliche. No hearing no nothing He paid some taxes and took
possession. he probably doesn't wonder why no one speaks to him. Trying
to get an Attorney to rectify the situation was again fruitless.
Two of the incidents were over five years ago. The other not so long ago.
I know or knew many fine Attorneys etc but some of the new breed get
into the profession purely to feather their pockets any way they can.

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 10th 10 02:18 AM

wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:58:48 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:50:18 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

ROFLMAO!! that's because liberals are smarter than conservatives!

If you are so smart, why haven't you had a raise in 37 years?

Duhh... he's rich. He's a liberal and lives in a red state! lol

Eastern PA is about as blue as it gets.

So, he's rich and lives in a blue state. I guess that means he's smarter or
luckier than some people.

bpuharic September 10th 10 10:53 AM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:01:37 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:18:16 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

Duhh... he's rich. He's a liberal and lives in a red state! lol

Eastern PA is about as blue as it gets.

So, he's rich and lives in a blue state. I guess that means he's smarter or
luckier than some people.

Yeah I agree but nobody likes a crying winner.
Bob is always whining about how the world has screwed him.

i guess the right wing thinks they've succeeded to the point that i,
personally, am the entire middle class

because i said it's the middle class that got screwed. the right
congratulates itself on the destruction of the middle class

Colonel Kurtz September 10th 10 03:51 PM

On 8-Sep-2010, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

How can a middle class be poor and getting poorer? If they're poor, they're
not the
middle class" unless the "new middle class" are the schlubs in the
"new service economy" desperately hanging onto their walkers just inside the
door at Walmart.

jps September 10th 10 03:58 PM

wrote:

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:11:24 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:44:51 -0400, bpuharic wrote:

great article in 'slate'...

http://www.slate.com/id/2266025/entr.../?hpid=topnews

multipart series...telling us what the right doesnt want us to know.

The only problem with your characterization is a lefty is more likely
to be rich. The blue counties are certainly richer than the red ones.

That's right. The general population of blue states are better off than
those in the red states. This, I suppose, is a bad thing... that under
Democrat leadership, people tend to prosper.

Lawyers, doctors, insurance companies and government workers do a
whole lot better.

Sheesh, thought they had all those folks in Red states too.

Not as many and not as rich

Is it because blue states are just more packed with more natural and
business resources or is it that blue citizens have made 'em that way?

jps September 10th 10 04:06 PM

wrote:

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 21:31:57 -0400, lil abner wrote:

One small business went out
that was building construction materials. However Lowes and Home Depot
are still around.

They sell Chinese products on the cheap. They are still pretty slow.
You certainly have no problem finding a parking space. Finding someone
who knows anything in the store is tough tho. They are running pretty
lean.
Their business model is "this is a do it yourself store", If you want
to find something, do it yourself. If you want it tied on your car, do
it yourself. Most HD/Lowes these days even want you to check your
stuff out yourself.

I hate all the Chinese crap they sell. I look for alternatives
whenever possible. It's getting harder every day.

Maybe it is time for a real thrust to buy American but that never
really takes off when you see the price tags.

Really? I bought a 23 year old german car rather than a new American
car. Why? Quality. The 23 year old car rides, drives better despite
lacking 23 years of technical progress.

The 23 year old car was more expensive than most modern American boxes
but it won't depreciate like the American pieces of crap.

I'd much rather purchase a superior American product, even at a higher
price. They aren't offered anymore because cheap **** imported by
Walmart, Target and others have flooded the shelves.

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 10th 10 06:26 PM

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:58:47 -0700, jps wrote:

Sheesh, thought they had all those folks in Red states too.

Not as many and not as rich

Is it because blue states are just more packed with more natural and
business resources or is it that blue citizens have made 'em that way?

Interesting question.
It has to be pointed out that the greatest income disparity is in the
biggest cities so there is not going to be one answer.
Another interesting thing is the two richest Americans (Gates and
Buffett) do not live in a big city.

Gates' house is near Seattle.
Buffet lives outside of Omaha.

You expect them to live in the inner city?

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 10th 10 06:28 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:33:33 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:23:30 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

Because it is easier to exploit red state workers.

The operative word is "workers". The blue state people were fired when
the plants moved.

?? Completely untrue and at best an exaggeration that has little
meaning.

Tell it to Detroit.

So, the auto industry laid off people who were mostly blue collar are
doing
better than their red state cousins? Are you claiming Michigan is a red
state or blue state? It's so confusing!

A UAW worker in Detroit or Indiana was making twice what a red state
worker makes. That was Harry's point.
Detroit is blue as is most of that area where the big factories were
(Ohio, Indiana, Michigan),
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/

The jobs went to Tennessee, Georgia, Canada or Mexico.
Have you seen the "content" sticker on an "American" car lately?
They are usually about 40-50% American.
If it is a foreign brand, manufactured in the US there still is less
than 50% US content and the assembly will be in a red state.

Nope... get the facts, then type..

http://mediamatters.org/columns/200811250012

Secular Humanist[_4_] September 10th 10 07:41 PM

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:58:47 -0700, jps wrote:

Sheesh, thought they had all those folks in Red states too.

Not as many and not as rich

Is it because blue states are just more packed with more natural and
business resources or is it that blue citizens have made 'em that way?

Interesting question.
It has to be pointed out that the greatest income disparity is in the
biggest cities so there is not going to be one answer.
Another interesting thing is the two richest Americans (Gates and
Buffett) do not live in a big city.

Gates' house is near Seattle.
Buffet lives outside of Omaha.

You expect them to live in the inner city?

'Near' and 'in' are two entirely different things.

Jim September 10th 10 08:16 PM

wrote:

A UAW worker in Detroit or Indiana was making twice what a red state
worker makes. That was Harry's point.

Actually, the wages were real close last I looked, which has been a
while.
A couple bucks an hour at most.
Averages were $19 and $17 when I looked. Maybe 10-15 years ago.

The benefits were the big difference, especially pension.
The UAW has been trying to organize U.S. Toyota plants for years, so
Toyota keeps wages real close. Same with Honda.
A quick look on the net seems to confirm that, but I don't feel like
digging.

Without the UAW around the non-union Toyota workers would see a steep
decline in wages.
Whether they vote aye or nay to unionize, the last thing Toyota/Honda
workers want is for the UAW to go away.
Some know that, others think Toyota and Honda are just "nice guys"
who would continue to pay them the same good bucks even if the UAW
wasn't on their heels.
Takes all kinds.

Jim - If Harry said UAW wages are double, he don't know squat.

nom=de=plume[_2_] September 10th 10 08:37 PM

the rich get richer and the middle class poorer

"Secular Humanist" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:58:47 -0700, jps wrote:

Sheesh, thought they had all those folks in Red states too.

Not as many and not as rich

Is it because blue states are just more packed with more natural and
business resources or is it that blue citizens have made 'em that way?

Interesting question.
It has to be pointed out that the greatest income disparity is in the
biggest cities so there is not going to be one answer.
Another interesting thing is the two richest Americans (Gates and
Buffett) do not live in a big city.

Gates' house is near Seattle.
Buffet lives outside of Omaha.

You expect them to live in the inner city?

'Near' and 'in' are two entirely different things.

Do you expect them to live NEAR the inner city? Happy now?

Harry ? September 10th 10 08:44 PM

wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:06:24 -0700, jps wrote:

Maybe it is time for a real thrust to buy American but that never
really takes off when you see the price tags.

Really? I bought a 23 year old german car rather than a new American
car. Why? Quality. The 23 year old car rides, drives better despite
lacking 23 years of technical progress.

The 23 year old car was more expensive than most modern American boxes
but it won't depreciate like the American pieces of crap.

I'd much rather purchase a superior American product, even at a higher
price. They aren't offered anymore because cheap **** imported by
Walmart, Target and others have flooded the shelves.

You just said two different things.

He just loves his German screw drivers. I wonder if there are any quality
American toolmakers left?

JustWaitAFrekinMinute! September 10th 10 08:56 PM

On Sep 10, 3:44*pm, "Harry ?" wrote:
wrote in message

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:06:24 -0700, jps wrote:

Maybe it is time for a real thrust to buy American but that never
really takes off when you see the price tags.

Really? *I bought a 23 year old german car rather than a new American
car. *Why? *Quality. *The 23 year old car rides, drives better despite
lacking 23 years of technical progress.

The 23 year old car was more expensive than most modern American boxes
but it won't depreciate like the American pieces of crap.

I'd much rather purchase a superior American product, even at a higher
price. *They aren't offered anymore because cheap **** imported by
Walmart, Target and others have flooded the shelves.

You just said two different things.

He just loves his German screw drivers. I wonder if there are any quality
American toolmakers left?- Hide quoted text -

It is difficult to find a lot of items of any quality anymore, even if
you spend the dollars. From clothes, to services, to restraunts...
Nobody cares enough about quality to build it, and our (Americans)
interest in it went out the window decades ago...