Default US delaying needed supplies?

In article ,
says...

"John H" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:01:58 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Jan 20, 8:57 pm, "Don White" wrote:
We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main
airport
with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers) rather
than
letting all the relief planes arrive. Saw a report tonight of a
makeshift
hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a couple of
kids up
without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Don, I really think tha in this type of a situation the old saying
still applies: "Too many chief's and not enough indians"

Well, maybe not. "Too many chief's and way too many indians" would
probably be more ike it.

So many rushing in to do a lot of good stuff, but even the relief
workers are getting in each others way. Everybody has an idea of how
it should be done.And when that happens you have an unorganized
effort.

It will get straightened out though. Or that's what im hopeing for.

Every single news show on television is showing great things being
done by Americans in Haiti.

For some reason, liberals will key on only the negative aspects of the
issue. Why they feel such a need to put down this country is totally
beyond me.

And the other side of the coin is this: If it is screwed up, it's
OBAMA'S FRIGGIN' FAULT!

Now, I'm going to go hop on a treadmill and read my book. Hurt my neck
playing golf, so have to lay off for a few days. Getting old sucks.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

You dolt! You must be the only one who doesn't know that it was all caused
by George Bush. Even the weather. Didn't you listen to Danny Glover?

Sheesh!

Steve ;-)

That guy is a goof.. Seriously.

Scotty

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 21, 8:17*am, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:57:52 -0400, "Don White"

wrote:
We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main airport
with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers) rather than
letting all the relief planes arrive. *Saw a report tonight of a makeshift
hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a couple of kids up
without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Mass casualty events are always difficult to service properly. *I
particular in these kinds of situations. *One runway, no fuel depot
and no practical ATC, the only recourse you have is the military and
if there is a military that is capable of getting it on track, it's
ours - possibly your country as you have a sealift and air capacity
that's pretty good.

Air support is all well and good, but you can't transport the
quantities needed in a situation like this - it has to come by sea or
overland. And that takes time. *I was involved in the St. Croix
efforts after Hurricane Hugo and can tell you from practical
experience that it's difficult without ATC. *Give credit to the Devil,
KV4FZ did yoeman's work controlling air traffic until the military got
there to set up. *And even then it wasn't easy. *Haiti is three/four
times worse than the St. Croix.

The other part of the problem is that everybody wants to help even if
it's not needed. *You have an event like this and suddenly you've got
every country in the world with an interest rushing in to "help". That
just creates chaos. *I know when I was involved in urban search and
rescue with my dogs, the one thing they tell you is not to rush to the
scene - wait to be called and dispatched. *The opposite happened here.

I'm not saying that mistakes happen - they do. *But soldiers are
necessary to the effort for a variety of reasons from distributing aid
to providing security - and Haitians need some sort of security.

Perhaps it's time for Canadians and Americans to declare Haiti a
protectorate and get on with the reconstruction - collectively your
government and mine has an interest in maintaining order there.

Good thoughts, Tom.

wrote:

[...]

Word of advice...keep your focus forward in the locker room. Your neck will
thank you.

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

reply:

My SIL is in law enforcement. His jurisdiction sent a contingent to aid
after Katrina. He had some interesting stories when he came back. Upon
arrival, he was given a $300 sleeping bag, which was too warm to sleep in.
He slept in a light shirt with a thin blanket instead. He was given cases
of MREs, which he demonstrated to us. They were fed in a kitchen of a
church they barracked at, and a professional cook prepared their meals.
The MREs are not bad if it's all you have to eat. He said there were so
many people there that all they did was ride around all day, and talk to
people who stayed in their homes, and who were guarding their property.
They drove 1800 miles one way in a 20 vehicle convoy, taking all manner of
field equipment, which was never used. He came back with lots of
"goodies" he was given for free, including a pair of Steiner binoculars.
He said he got terribly bored after a week, but they had obligated for two
weeks. There were so many layers of management that they had to go
through that they couldn't get anything approved in the two weeks they
were there, and one could not take it upon themselves to make a decision
without approval from higher ups.

Sounds like Haiti all over again.

Steve

1800 miles one way?? Just how big is the state of Louisiana?

Harry Krause wrote:
I am Tosk wrote:

It's funny as hell!

Scotty

When you suffer from an inferiority complex, you have to compensate in
some manner. I am trying to get Bonnie to own some handguns to
compensate for his little dick complex.

Speaking of little dicks, flajim*, you do realize that if yours were
bigger and still worked, your wife might not be cruising the produce
aisles, looking for bumpy cucumbers and zucchini.

* *All* the right-wing ID spoofers are flajim, whether they are or not.
Flajim in a moment of sobriety admitted to being an ID spoofer here.

Harry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
I am Tosk wrote:

It's funny as hell!

Scotty

When you suffer from an inferiority complex, you have to compensate in
some manner. I am trying to get Bonnie to own some handguns to
compensate for his little dick complex.

Speaking of little dicks, flajim*, you do realize that if yours were
bigger and still worked, your wife might not be cruising the produce
aisles, looking for bumpy cucumbers and zucchini.

* *All* the right-wing ID spoofers are flajim, whether they are or not.
Flajim in a moment of sobriety admitted to being an ID spoofer here.

Big Buddy, I must have missed that one. Show me. BTW There is so much
excellent spoofing going on, no one can tell the difference between the
real Harry and WAFA.
I heard Hussein Obama hasn't cracked a smile since January 19. Is that true?

Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:

Awwwww...da widdle ID spoofer wants to be "shown." Take it up with the
flajim's, **** for brains.