Default US delaying needed supplies?

Harry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:57:52 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the
main airport with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying
in soldiers) rather than letting all the relief planes arrive.
Saw a report tonight of a makeshift hospital, a couple hundred
feet from the airport, sewing a couple of kids up without
anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while
someone else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies
today...not next week.

ever been involved in a mass casualty event? the logistics are
incredible. the 2nd guessers and backbench warmers can sit this one
out.
Donnie is my best buddy, but he suffers from a severe inferiority
complex.

It is common among Canadians, Donnie ...

Ahh...I see the ID spoofing assholes of rec.boats, aka the flajim
crowd, are active already today.

Ahh....Is the Harry Krause crowd going to continue to drive away
boaters that come here to ask questions and talk about boats?

Since I might spend 10 hrs a year boating, why in the world would I
want to discuss any boating topic?

You tell me. Why is Harry Krause here?

I don't have much of a life. I am morbidly obese. I have a nice small
boat, but I can't get anyone to go boating with me. If it wasn't for
rec.boats, I wouldn't have anything to do. Even my wife is grossed
out by my morbid obesity and has banished me to the basement.

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:31:37 -0800 (PST), Loogypicker
wrote:

On Jan 21, 8:46*am, John H wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:30:59 -0500, lil abner wrote:
Don White wrote:
"Harry" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main
airport with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers)
rather than letting all the relief planes arrive. *Saw a report tonight
of a makeshift hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a
couple of kids up without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Full employment for the military?

Might be.
The French and Doctors Without Borders were also complaining about the big
bottleneck and the slow pace of getting supplies out where they're needed.

Who would run it?
The Haitian Officials was apparently still running the airport in some
capacity.
There is only so much room to land and park.
The Chinese held up landings, at one point, while they posed their
aircraft and "Workers" for a photo op.
There was a msnbc report, I think, that they had more food than they
could distribute or store.
The Medical needs seem to be huge. It takes time. I think our People are
doing a great job.

If one is really interested in doing anything besides trashing the USA
(liberals, take note), one might look at the Port au Prince map and
check out the airport. When doing so, note how many highways go from
the airport to downtown. One major road, which is a log jam, as shown
on CNN yesterday.

The government in Haiti is almost non-existent. But, if I were running
things the first thing I'd do is bar all non-essential traffic from
the streets.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.- Hide quoted text -

Gee, makes you wonder just how in hell those Israelis got those state
of the art hospitals set up, doesn't it?

The Israelis have always been capable of magical feats. Just look at
the Six-day War. That was magic. They have their act together.

I believe if the USA would limit its aid to two airplanes full of
people and equipment, it could also have done a very fast job.

Obama should get right on the phone to Israel and ask them how to get
things done properly. He's going to lose a lot more liberal detractors
if he doesn't. It must be a bitch having to complain about the USA
when your own president is a Democrat.

Harry Krause wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for being candid with us, Harry.

Harry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Harry Krause is always honest, trustworthy, fair and upstanding. Did I
ever tell you about my young bride?

She could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

Harry Krause wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:
wrote:

[...]

You're on a roll. Let it all hang out. Woo Hoo

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 20, 8:57*pm, "Don White" wrote:
We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main airport
with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers) rather than
letting all the relief planes arrive. *Saw a report tonight of a makeshift
hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a couple of kids up
without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Don, I really think tha in this type of a situation the old saying
still applies: "Too many chief's and not enough indians"

Well, maybe not. "Too many chief's and way too many indians" would
probably be more ike it.

So many rushing in to do a lot of good stuff, but even the relief
workers are getting in each others way. Everybody has an idea of how
it should be done.And when that happens you have an unorganized
effort.

It will get straightened out though. Or that's what im hopeing for.

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:01:58 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

[...]

Every single news show on television is showing great things being
done by Americans in Haiti.

For some reason, liberals will key on only the negative aspects of the
issue. Why they feel such a need to put down this country is totally
beyond me.

And the other side of the coin is this: If it is screwed up, it's
OBAMA'S FRIGGIN' FAULT!

Now, I'm going to go hop on a treadmill and read my book. Hurt my neck
playing golf, so have to lay off for a few days. Getting old sucks.
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

In article a23dae68-7e88-42d0-abe9-770eedcb6703
@b10g2000yqa.googlegroups.com, says...

[...]

Hummm. Just saw a reporter on the ground say "some are trying to say the
United States is not getting the relief out".. "That would be wrong"...

Anyway, it still cracks me up that folks are bitching because we haven't
taken a country the size of a small state, with no usable roads, no
airport, no government, no hospitals, electricity, fuel, and hundreds of
thousands of wounded and dead, and we haven't solved all of the problems
in a week! Can you imagine the media if there had been a Republican
President in office ? But that's another story. Aid is getting in,
people are getting out, that's the reality on the ground despite what
the Minority Media may be telling you...

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

reply:

My SIL is in law enforcement. His jurisdiction sent a contingent to aid
after Katrina. He had some interesting stories when he came back. Upon
arrival, he was given a $300 sleeping bag, which was too warm to sleep in.
He slept in a light shirt with a thin blanket instead. He was given cases
of MREs, which he demonstrated to us. They were fed in a kitchen of a
church they barracked at, and a professional cook prepared their meals. The
MREs are not bad if it's all you have to eat. He said there were so many
people there that all they did was ride around all day, and talk to people
who stayed in their homes, and who were guarding their property. They drove
1800 miles one way in a 20 vehicle convoy, taking all manner of field
equipment, which was never used. He came back with lots of "goodies" he was
given for free, including a pair of Steiner binoculars. He said he got
terribly bored after a week, but they had obligated for two weeks. There
were so many layers of management that they had to go through that they
couldn't get anything approved in the two weeks they were there, and one
could not take it upon themselves to make a decision without approval from
higher ups.

Sounds like Haiti all over again.

Steve

wrote:

[...]

You dolt! You must be the only one who doesn't know that it was all caused
by George Bush. Even the weather. Didn't you listen to Danny Glover?

Sheesh!

Steve ;-)