Default US delaying needed supplies?

We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main airport
with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers) rather than
letting all the relief planes arrive. Saw a report tonight of a makeshift
hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a couple of kids up
without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Don White wrote:
We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main airport
with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers) rather than
letting all the relief planes arrive. Saw a report tonight of a makeshift
hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a couple of kids up
without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Full employment for the military?

"Harry" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main
airport with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers)
rather than letting all the relief planes arrive. Saw a report tonight
of a makeshift hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a
couple of kids up without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Full employment for the military?

Might be.
The French and Doctors Without Borders were also complaining about the big
bottleneck and the slow pace of getting supplies out where they're needed.

Don White wrote:
"Harry" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main
airport with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers)
rather than letting all the relief planes arrive. Saw a report tonight
of a makeshift hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a
couple of kids up without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

Full employment for the military?

Might be.
The French and Doctors Without Borders were also complaining about the big
bottleneck and the slow pace of getting supplies out where they're needed.

Who would run it?
The Haitian Officials was apparently still running the airport in some
capacity.
There is only so much room to land and park.
The Chinese held up landings, at one point, while they posed their
aircraft and "Workers" for a photo op.
There was a msnbc report, I think, that they had more food than they
could distribute or store.
The Medical needs seem to be huge. It takes time. I think our People are
doing a great job.

"lil abner" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Harry" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
[...]

I do as well, but I also think the Israelies are also. They had their
portable hospitals up and running almost immediately.

--
Nom=de=Plume

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:57:52 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main airport
with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in soldiers) rather than
letting all the relief planes arrive. Saw a report tonight of a makeshift
hospital, a couple hundred feet from the airport, sewing a couple of kids up
without anesthetic or other medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while someone
else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not next
week.

ever been involved in a mass casualty event? the logistics are
incredible. the 2nd guessers and backbench warmers can sit this one
out.

wrote:

We keep hearing complaints that the US military is hogging the main
airport with its' one runway for their own purposes (flying in
soldiers) rather than letting all the relief planes arrive. Saw a
report tonight of a makeshift hospital, a couple hundred feet from
the airport, sewing a couple of kids up without anesthetic or other
medical supplies.
Might be time for the Americans to go out and play soldier while
someone else runs the airport.
The Haitian people need all manner of medical supplies today...not
next week.

ever been involved in a mass casualty event? the logistics are
incredible. the 2nd guessers and backbench warmers can sit this one
out.

Donnie is my best buddy, but he suffers from a severe inferiority complex.

It is common among Canadians, Donnie ...

Ahh...I see the ID spoofing assholes of rec.boats, aka the flajim crowd,
are active already today.

Harry wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Ahh....Is the Harry Krause crowd going to continue to drive away boaters
that come here to ask questions and talk about boats?

Harry wrote:
Harry wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Since I might spend 10 hrs a year boating, why in the world would I want
to discuss any boating topic?