jps jps is offline

Default Excellent Republican amendment to HCR

This politics stuff is getting kind of fun.

When Sen. Vitter and Sen. Coburn introduced a health care amendment
that would require all senators and representatives to be enrolled in
the public option, they expected the Democrats to rise in opposition.

What happened next is just RICH.

Julie Gulden's diary :: :: On Thursday, thinking Democratic senators
would balk at the idea, Sens. David Vitter (R-La.) and Tom Coburn
(R-Okla.) introduced the gimmick health-care amendment.

"The idea, broad-brush, is that whatever government option is in the
bill, every senator and every representative should be enrolled in
it," Vitter told The Hill. "No other possibilities, no other choices."

"It's called leadership," Coburn said. "If it's good enough for
everybody else, we ought to be leading by example."

But Democrats called their bluff, and the Republicans wouldn't allow
it. When Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) tried to become a co-sponsor of
the amendment, he got the cold shoulder.

So Brown, joined by Sens. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), Barbara A. Mikulski
(D-Md.), and Al Franken (D-Minn.), forced his way onto the amendment
with a unanimous consent vote.

Franken: I rise and ask for unanimous consent to be a co-sponsor to
Senator Coburn's Amendment #2789 requiring all members of congress to
enroll in the public option. I am pleased to co-sponsor this because
I strongly support the public option and would have no qualms at all
about enrolling in this plan.

Brown: And it's a little curious that some of these, these two
sponsors are so much against the public option but they want to pass
this amendment. It sounds to me like you are as serious about going on
the public option as I am.

Franken:
Well, I talked to my wife Franny, we've been married 34 years now, I
talked to her a couple weeks ago and I said if this thing passes we
should go on the public option. She said absolutely.

Presider of the Senate: Without objection Senator Franken's motion to
be a co-sponsor of the amendment is approved.

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps jps is offline

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:32:26 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

jps wrote:
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Love it. Franken continues to delight.

"jps" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:32:26 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

Lets look at the the item. The Republicans come up with a great idea. The
Dem's say let us take a lot of the credit for this idea. And the Dem
majority goes along with the theft of credit.

Bill McKee wrote:
news
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

Lets look at the the item. The Republicans come up with a great idea. The
Dem's say let us take a lot of the credit for this idea. And the Dem
majority goes along with the theft of credit.

Wow...best "whoooooooooooooooosh" of the week, by far.

So, Bill...

Oh, nevermind, you wouldn't "get" it.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

news
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

Lets look at the the item. The Republicans come up with a great idea.
The Dem's say let us take a lot of the credit for this idea. And the Dem
majority goes along with the theft of credit.

So wanting to co-sponor a bill is "theft of credit" on your planet?

--
Nom=de=Plume

"H the K (I post with a Mac)" wrote in message
Bill McKee wrote:
news
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.
Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

Lets look at the the item. The Republicans come up with a great idea.
The Dem's say let us take a lot of the credit for this idea. And the Dem
majority goes along with the theft of credit.

Wow...best "whoooooooooooooooosh" of the week, by far.

So, Bill...

Oh, nevermind, you wouldn't "get" it.

Nope, you do not get it.

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:32:26 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
m...

[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

Lets look at the the item. The Republicans come up with a great idea.
The Dem's say let us take a lot of the credit for this idea. And the Dem
majority goes along with the theft of credit.

So wanting to co-sponor a bill is "theft of credit" on your planet?

--
Nom=de=Plume

Normally the cosponsors sign on ahead of time.

jps jps is offline

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:27:55 -0800, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

news
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message

[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

Lets look at the the item. The Republicans come up with a great idea. The
Dem's say let us take a lot of the credit for this idea. And the Dem
majority goes along with the theft of credit.

You live a rich fantasy life. Your assumptions are poorly founded.
The Dems just wanted to call the Republicans on their bluff. Guess
what, the Republicans did it thinking the Dems would shoot it down.

Their attempted political dupe turns out to be the best idea they've
come up with all year.

Thune Amendment Gene[_3_] General 20 August 1st 09 02:26 AM
Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican? Jeff Rigby General 0 October 7th 05 01:30 PM
Ship captain's Second Amendment rights upheld Scott Vernon ASA 14 August 14th 04 12:01 AM
Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican? Joe ASA 6 June 16th 04 08:31 AM
Reagan's own words on Second Amendment Bart Senior ASA 0 June 16th 04 05:11 AM