jps jps is offline

Default Excellent Republican amendment to HCR

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 17:51:02 -0800, "CalifBill"
wrote:

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"jps" wrote in message
news On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:32:26 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
om...

This politics stuff is getting kind of fun.

When Sen. Vitter and Sen. Coburn introduced a health care amendment
that would require all senators and representatives to be enrolled in
the public option, they expected the Democrats to rise in opposition.

What happened next is just RICH.

Julie Gulden's diary :: :: On Thursday, thinking Democratic senators
would balk at the idea, Sens. David Vitter (R-La.) and Tom Coburn
(R-Okla.) introduced the gimmick health-care amendment.

"The idea, broad-brush, is that whatever government option is in the
bill, every senator and every representative should be enrolled in
it," Vitter told The Hill. "No other possibilities, no other choices."

"It's called leadership," Coburn said. "If it's good enough for
everybody else, we ought to be leading by example."

But Democrats called their bluff, and the Republicans wouldn't allow
it. When Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) tried to become a co-sponsor of
the amendment, he got the cold shoulder.

So Brown, joined by Sens. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), Barbara A. Mikulski
(D-Md.), and Al Franken (D-Minn.), forced his way onto the amendment
with a unanimous consent vote.

Franken: I rise and ask for unanimous consent to be a co-sponsor to
Senator Coburn's Amendment #2789 requiring all members of congress to
enroll in the public option. I am pleased to co-sponsor this because
I strongly support the public option and would have no qualms at all
about enrolling in this plan.

Brown: And it's a little curious that some of these, these two
sponsors are so much against the public option but they want to pass
this amendment. It sounds to me like you are as serious about going on
the public option as I am.

Franken:
Well, I talked to my wife Franny, we've been married 34 years now, I
talked to her a couple weeks ago and I said if this thing passes we
should go on the public option. She said absolutely.

Presider of the Senate: Without objection Senator Franken's motion to
be a co-sponsor of the amendment is approved.

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

Lets look at the the item. The Republicans come up with a great idea.
The Dem's say let us take a lot of the credit for this idea. And the Dem
majority goes along with the theft of credit.

So wanting to co-sponor a bill is "theft of credit" on your planet?

--
Nom=de=Plume

Normally the cosponsors sign on ahead of time.

That's not true, co-sponsors can sign on at any time.

The Republicans didn't want it to happen. They were bluffing.

You really need to have a talk with yourself about reality. Your
positioning rivals Dana Perino's.

"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Franken must have been born in Kenya.

Coburn and Vitter are both idiots. They didn't bother to look one
move further on the board before they moved their man.

Kudos to Franken and Sherrod Brown.

Lets look at the the item. The Republicans come up with a great idea.
The Dem's say let us take a lot of the credit for this idea. And the
Dem majority goes along with the theft of credit.

So wanting to co-sponor a bill is "theft of credit" on your planet?

--
Nom=de=Plume

Normally the cosponsors sign on ahead of time.

Nope....

Co-sponsors may be added to a bill prior to introduction of the bill in the
Senate. Co-sponsors may also be added to a Senate bill or a House bill
immediately following adoption of the bill on third reading or on final
passage.

The addition of any co-sponsors shall be subject to the approval of the
Senate prime sponsor of the bill and the approval of any co-sponsor who is
being added.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
news:slrjh51pk4sqc75eqjro9n9bqv7gsptjso@4ax. com...

[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

[...]

At the approval of the prime sponsor of the bill. Seems as if that rule is
no more.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

[...]

I know that the word "may" is difficult for you to understand. Perhaps you
should look it up.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

[...]

c. Seems as if that rule is no more.

I know that the word "may" is difficult for you to understand. Perhaps you
should look it up.

--
Nom=de=Plume

I understand you have reading comprehension problems.
Let me repeat:

H the K (I post with a Mac) wrote:
jps wrote:
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

Love it. Franken continues to delight.

OOOps I shouldn't have said that. People will think I'm gay.

--
If you are flajim, herring, loogy, GC boater, johnson, topbassdog, rob,
achmed the sock puppet,or one of a half dozen others, you're wasting

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

[...]

No need to repeat, oh well... here it is anyway:

"Co-sponsors may be added to a bill prior to introduction of the bill in the
Senate."

There are obviously other ways to be a co-sponsor, since that's what
happened. So, pray tell, if the amendment was so wonderful, why wouldn't a
Senator want a co-sponsor?

I'm not sure what mental problems you have, since you seem to be denying
reality.
--
Nom=de=Plume

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

[...]

Mental problems? That seems to be you.

As I reported the rules.
"At the approval of the prime sponsor of the bill"

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

[...]

As I said, there are other ways to add co-sponsorship, such as by unanimous
consent. If you're ignorant of the procedure, read on....

A Senator may introduce a bill or resolution for himself and as many other
Senators as may see fit to join him; in one case all 96 Senators joined each
other on the same bill. Unanimous consent is required for any Senator to add
his name to a bill or resolution which has been introduced or submitted or
to add the names of additional Senators as co-sponsors of a bill when the
bill is next printed or reported.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/12/04/...r-public-plan/

--
Nom=de=Plume

Bill McKee wrote:
"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...
"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...
"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"CalifBill" wrote in message
m...
"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
[...]

From Julie Gulden on Kos.

[...]

Bill, Bill, Bill...there's more than one way for co-sponsors to "attach"
themselves to a bit of legislation or an amendment to same.

What happened here, and what everyone realizes (except you), is that two
of your boys, neither of whom are among the brightest boys in the
Senate, introduced an amendment they thought would either help kill off
health care legislation or embarrass the Democrats. What they did not
expect was that the Democrats would embrace the idea. In other words,
their little idea backfired on Vitter and Coburn.

Perhaps Vitter ought to stick to whoremongering and Coburn to his boys
at the "C Street House" of ill repute.

Thune Amendment Gene[_3_] General 20 August 1st 09 02:26 AM
Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican? Jeff Rigby General 0 October 7th 05 01:30 PM
Ship captain's Second Amendment rights upheld Scott Vernon ASA 14 August 14th 04 12:01 AM
Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican? Joe ASA 6 June 16th 04 08:31 AM
Reagan's own words on Second Amendment Bart Senior ASA 0 June 16th 04 05:11 AM