Default Woman proves gun effective

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:23:30 -0700, jps penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|Killing yourself is against the law in most states. In a few states
|you can take your life if you're terminally ill.

The obvious solution is to incarcerate her. After sufficient period of
counseling in a penal facility, I'm sure that she won't commit the
same crime.....

Exactly, they'll keep her safe in a little cell with little or no
contact to the outside world, the other inmates will teach her skills
that she never would have achieved in her middle class suburbia. She'll
get three meals a day delivered to her, and no worries about clothing.
With all of that, how could she possibly become depressed and take
another try after her "rehabilitation"?........
jps jps is offline

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:03:47 -0700, jps penned the following well

|"jps" wrote in message
| On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:42:22 -0700, "Calif Bill"
| wrote:
|SNIP
|
| What are you talking about?
|
| Killing yourself is against the law in most states. In a few states
| you can take your life if you're terminally ill.
|

|OK, so the *real* problem was the suicide, not the gun...right? People kill
|themselves every day, just because a gun is involved doesn't make it any
|worse. It would be worse if the used the gun on someone else before
|themselves. More people commit suicide by jumping off bridges, than guns.
|Should we ban bridges?

|--Mike

|My point is that guns are a far more effective means of killing than
|most other methods. There are a gaggle of gun advocates in this very
|newsgroup who consistently argue that a knife, a screwdriver or a
|pencil is just as effective at killing and I call bull****.
|
|This story is just one example of how effective guns are at killing
|when other methods aren't nearly as deadly. You can't do equivalent
|damage to someone with a knife from 10 feet as you can a gun, unless
|you're a circus performer or lumberjack.

The point is, she didn't do it at 10 feet.... so she obviously didn't
need a gun. Most women that commit suicide do not use violent means.
Why don't you champion eliminating all of the things they use?

Or do you have some sort of strange gun fetish?

Yes, I have a gun fetish but not of a sexual nature.

The US has been stupid about controlling guns, their sale and rampant
availability.

Countries that control guns do not have the murder rate we do in the
US. Please don't suggest we ban screwdrivers. It's a specious
argument put up for simpletons.
jps jps is offline

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:04:50 -0700, jps penned the following well

wrote:

|"jps" wrote in message
| On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:42:22 -0700, "Calif Bill"
| wrote:

|"jps" wrote in message
om...

| Tries other methods, proves gun more effective...
|
| SHARONVILLE - .A woman rented a handgun at an indoor shooting range,
| got some instructions on how to use it and then fatally shot herself,
| police said Monday.
|
| Police in the Cincinnati suburb of Sharonville said they believe the
| woman committed suicide Sunday at Target World, a public range that
| sells and rents guns and has a dozen 25-yard target shooting lanes.
|
| The 46-year-old woman, Ann Fukuyama, of Cincinnati, died at a local
| hospital, police said.
|
| Sgt. Keith Schoonover said the woman reportedly had attempted suicide
| before by other means and police believe she went to the target range
| to kill herself. He said she rented a 9 mm handgun, learned how to use
| it and then went into a target shooting lane and shot herself.
|
| Witnesses said she gave no indication or warning that anything was
| wrong.
|
| Target World manager Jeff Mann said the range was operating normally
| Monday, but he wouldn't discuss the woman or the shooting because of
| an ongoing investigation.
|

|It is a free country. She is free to kill herself. Better than her
|killing
|others to get suicide via cop.
|
| What are you talking about?
|
| Killing yourself is against the law in most states. In a few states
| you can take your life if you're terminally ill.
|
| Since you don't drink, I'm left believing you're tugging on a bong.
|
|Killing yourself is not against the law. Attempting to kill yourself is
|against the law. but the problem is not the pistol, but problem is the
|reason she wanted to kill herself.
|
|If there weren't such an effective means of death easily available to
|her, perhaps she'd have survived long enough to address the real
|problem.
|
|Sounds logical, eh?

No, it *doesn't* sound logical... in fact, nearly all of your
ramblings on guns are devoid of logic.

If it is so logical, why is a suicidaly deranged woman wandering about
at large in the public? It could just have easily been you with the
"Deranged woman in the food mart with a knife."

But that just doesn't seem logical to you, does it? It just doesn't
have o-o-o-o-h-h-h-h that "gun" word!

Where guns are concerned, I think logic departs you.

It's strange because you're otherwise very bright. I guess one blind
spot in a life isn't so bad.

The point is that she had tried other means. The gun **proved** to be
the most effective tool for the job.

How the **** can you argue that? By installing blinders.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

It is a free country. She is free to kill herself. Better than her killing
others to get suicide via cop.

What are you talking about?

Killing yourself is against the law in most states. In a few states
you can take your life if you're terminally ill.

Since you don't drink, I'm left believing you're tugging on a bong.

Don't know about Bill's habits, but you almost gave me an acid
flashback there. A LOL prevented it.
So killing yourself is against the law.
What's the penalty?

--Vic

You're a funny man but you miss the point, which is:

It's not a "free country" as Bill says. If you're caught trying to
kill yourself you get arrested. Not illegally like Gates but legally.

What country isn't "free" if you're successful at killing yourself?

And I don't believe you ever took acid.
jps jps is offline

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:28:34 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:23:30 -0700, jps penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|Killing yourself is against the law in most states. In a few states
|you can take your life if you're terminally ill.

The obvious solution is to incarcerate her. After sufficient period of
counseling in a penal facility, I'm sure that she won't commit the
same crime.....

I'm not arguing in favor of the law, just pointing out Bill's "free
country" line isn't true.

If you try to kill yourself and you're not successful, it's likely
you'll be locked up, not in prison but in a nut house.

That's the upshot of it being against the law.

wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:23:30 -0700, jps penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|Killing yourself is against the law in most states. In a few states
|you can take your life if you're terminally ill.

The obvious solution is to incarcerate her. After sufficient period of
counseling in a penal facility, I'm sure that she won't commit the
same crime.....

I'm not arguing in favor of the law, just pointing out Bill's "free
country" line isn't true.

If you try to kill yourself and you're not successful, it's likely
you'll be locked up, not in prison but in a nut house.

That's the upshot of it being against the law.

And if it is not a "public" nut house, you'll be overcharged $1500 to
$3000 a day for the privilege.

--
Whatever moral rules you have proposed, abide by them as they were laws,
and as if you would be guilty of impiety by violating any of them,

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:06:19 -0700, jps penned the following well

wrote:

|On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:04:50 -0700, jps penned the following well
|considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:
|
||On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:55:55 -0700, "Calif Bill"
||"jps" wrote in message
m...
|| On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:42:22 -0700, "Calif Bill"
|| wrote:
||"jps" wrote in message
||news:msku6596bnh6ghqkln52tdjkqi4lgrmka3@4ax. com...
|| Tries other methods, proves gun more effective...
|| SHARONVILLE - .A woman rented a handgun at an indoor shooting range,
|| got some instructions on how to use it and then fatally shot herself,
|| police said Monday.
|| Police in the Cincinnati suburb of Sharonville said they believe the
|| woman committed suicide Sunday at Target World, a public range that
|| sells and rents guns and has a dozen 25-yard target shooting lanes.
|| The 46-year-old woman, Ann Fukuyama, of Cincinnati, died at a local
|| hospital, police said.
|| Sgt. Keith Schoonover said the woman reportedly had attempted suicide
|| before by other means and police believe she went to the target range
|| to kill herself. He said she rented a 9 mm handgun, learned how to use
|| it and then went into a target shooting lane and shot herself.
|| Witnesses said she gave no indication or warning that anything was
|| wrong.
|| Target World manager Jeff Mann said the range was operating normally
|| Monday, but he wouldn't discuss the woman or the shooting because of
|| an ongoing investigation.
||It is a free country. She is free to kill herself. Better than her
||killing
||others to get suicide via cop.
|| What are you talking about?
|| Killing yourself is against the law in most states. In a few states
|| you can take your life if you're terminally ill.
|| Since you don't drink, I'm left believing you're tugging on a bong.
||Killing yourself is not against the law. Attempting to kill yourself is
||against the law. but the problem is not the pistol, but problem is the
||reason she wanted to kill herself.
||If there weren't such an effective means of death easily available to
||her, perhaps she'd have survived long enough to address the real
||problem.
||Sounds logical, eh?
|
|No, it *doesn't* sound logical... in fact, nearly all of your
|ramblings on guns are devoid of logic.
|
|If it is so logical, why is a suicidaly deranged woman wandering about
|at large in the public? It could just have easily been you with the
|"Deranged woman in the food mart with a knife."

|But that just doesn't seem logical to you, does it? It just doesn't
|have o-o-o-o-h-h-h-h that "gun" word!
|
|Where guns are concerned, I think logic departs you.
|
|It's strange because you're otherwise very bright. I guess one blind
|spot in a life isn't so bad.
|
|The point is that she had tried other means. The gun **proved** to be
|the most effective tool for the job.
|
|How the **** can you argue that? By installing blinders.

No, by using logic. The gun proved nothing. She happened to choose
that, for whatever reason, rather than jump off an overpass..... just
as deadly, by the way, and requires NO practice whatsoever.

There are some posters here who would pick the wrong overpass and have
to repeat the jump, several times.

--
Whatever moral rules you have proposed, abide by them as they were laws,
and as if you would be guilty of impiety by violating any of them,
*unless* you are a conservative Republican office holder or minister. If
that is your position in life, then anything goes.

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:02:39 -0700, jps penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|Countries that control guns do not have the murder rate we do in the
|US.

Oh..... BS.
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=4706

|Please don't suggest we ban screwdrivers. It's a specious
|argument put up for simpletons.

No.... it isn't. I've watched this same foolish argument in the
schools. Believing that it was all about "tools" and not *intent,* the
school systems banned "weapons." Now, that makes for some interesting
dancing around the facts when you consider shop classes and home ec.
classes.

Students so inclined, though, undaunted, used the most available
weapon at hand.... pens and pencils. Ban them too? Of course not,
that's silly, it isn't about *what* they used it was about their
*intent.*

Can you say, "Circular Logic, but we'd never admit it?"

In my county's schools you can't even have a PICTURE of a weapon. Our
kenpo karate logo has a sword. You get sent home for wearing a shirt
with the logo on it because of the sword.

wrote:

|On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:04:50 -0700, jps penned the following well
|considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:
|
||On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:55:55 -0700, "Calif Bill"
||"jps" wrote in message
m...
|| On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:42:22 -0700, "Calif Bill"
|| wrote:
||"jps" wrote in message
||news:msku6596bnh6ghqkln52tdjkqi4lgrmka3@4ax. com...
|| Tries other methods, proves gun more effective...
|| SHARONVILLE - .A woman rented a handgun at an indoor shooting range,
|| got some instructions on how to use it and then fatally shot herself,
|| police said Monday.
|| Police in the Cincinnati suburb of Sharonville said they believe the
|| woman committed suicide Sunday at Target World, a public range that
|| sells and rents guns and has a dozen 25-yard target shooting lanes.
|| The 46-year-old woman, Ann Fukuyama, of Cincinnati, died at a local
|| hospital, police said.
|| Sgt. Keith Schoonover said the woman reportedly had attempted suicide
|| before by other means and police believe she went to the target range
|| to kill herself. He said she rented a 9 mm handgun, learned how to use
|| it and then went into a target shooting lane and shot herself.
|| Witnesses said she gave no indication or warning that anything was
|| wrong.
|| Target World manager Jeff Mann said the range was operating normally
|| Monday, but he wouldn't discuss the woman or the shooting because of
|| an ongoing investigation.
||It is a free country. She is free to kill herself. Better than her
||killing
||others to get suicide via cop.
|| What are you talking about?
|| Killing yourself is against the law in most states. In a few states
|| you can take your life if you're terminally ill.
|| Since you don't drink, I'm left believing you're tugging on a bong.
||Killing yourself is not against the law. Attempting to kill yourself is
||against the law. but the problem is not the pistol, but problem is the
||reason she wanted to kill herself.
||If there weren't such an effective means of death easily available to
||her, perhaps she'd have survived long enough to address the real
||problem.
||Sounds logical, eh?
|
|No, it *doesn't* sound logical... in fact, nearly all of your
|ramblings on guns are devoid of logic.
|
|If it is so logical, why is a suicidaly deranged woman wandering about
|at large in the public? It could just have easily been you with the
|"Deranged woman in the food mart with a knife."

|But that just doesn't seem logical to you, does it? It just doesn't
|have o-o-o-o-h-h-h-h that "gun" word!
|
|Where guns are concerned, I think logic departs you.
|
|It's strange because you're otherwise very bright. I guess one blind
|spot in a life isn't so bad.
|
|The point is that she had tried other means. The gun **proved** to be
|the most effective tool for the job.
|
|How the **** can you argue that? By installing blinders.

No, by using logic. The gun proved nothing. She happened to choose
that, for whatever reason, rather than jump off an overpass..... just
as deadly, by the way, and requires NO practice whatsoever.

Hey, stop using logic! Instead, just bluster and be as vulgar and
insulting as possible. That's how some here do it!
jps jps is offline

wrote:

|On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 02:04:50 -0700, jps penned the following well
|considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:
|
||On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:55:55 -0700, "Calif Bill"
||"jps" wrote in message
m...
> [...]
|at large in the public? It could just have easily been you with the
|"Deranged woman in the food mart with a knife."

|But that just doesn't seem logical to you, does it? It just doesn't
|have o-o-o-o-h-h-h-h that "gun" word!
|
|Where guns are concerned, I think logic departs you.
|
|It's strange because you're otherwise very bright. I guess one blind
|spot in a life isn't so bad.
|
|The point is that she had tried other means. The gun **proved** to be
|the most effective tool for the job.
|
|How the **** can you argue that? By installing blinders.

No, by using logic. The gun proved nothing. She happened to choose
that, for whatever reason, rather than jump off an overpass..... just
as deadly, by the way, and requires NO practice whatsoever.

There are some posters here who would pick the wrong overpass and have

Not to mention it's a hell of a lot easier to hold a gun to your head
and pull the trigger than to stand on a bridge and jump.

More funky logic from the gun lobby.