Gould 0738

Default Steven Shelikoff proves himself a bigot and an idiot

Jesus married Mary Magdeline? Jesus had children? Tell me more of
this tale, please. I've always had a suspicion I was a direct
decendent of Jesus and this is the first concrete clue I've come up
with.

bb

There are old tales.
Almost all European, and none can be proven- of course.

But the legends say that Jesus of Nazareth and Joseph of Arimethea travelled
across the Med. and landed in France (some say England) after the crucifixion.
There is some connection between this legendary trip and the legendary presence
of the Holy Grail at Glastonbury. Some of the legends say it was the
resurrected body of Christ travelling with Joseph of A., others say that Jesus
was taken down from the cross not quite dead and nursed back to health.

(Now the whole thing is rather sacreligious and I'm not repeating it with the
particular idea of offending anybody. Don't want to argue the resurrection,
either. I'm certainly not stating that I personally believe the story- just
passing along an old tale.)

Here is where it gets rather interesting.
In these old, unprovable, and likely rather fantastic western European legends
Jesus did indeed father several children. The very ancient stories say that
these children founded the original royal families of Europe, ruling literally
by "divine" right.
It was one of the reasons that succession by blood kinship was so extremely
important- the common people actually believed that the monarchs were
descendents of Jesus.

This folk-belief was sustained for well over 1000 years, as the Pope was called
upon to perform the coronation ceremonies for new monarchs.

So, bb, *if* the old legends are true (only the longest of any possible shot at
best) and *if* you can trace a pedigree from any major W Euro royal........your
suspicions might be well founded. But, don't bet more than you could afford to
lose on it. :-)