noah

Default trim tabs

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:15:14 GMT, "Ken Tanaka"
wrote:

I agree with noah. I have the smart tabs on my 16' Arima. Started with the
CoBra Edge HF on my 70hp Evinrude 4-stroke. Added the Smart Tabs because I
wasn't quite satisfied w/the Edge. Did a lot of different tests (Edge only,
Smart Tabs only, and both HF & tabs), the Smart Tabs kept my bow down
better and it planed faster.

My port side has a 9.9hp Evinrude 2-stroke kicker on a SS Gerelick bracket.
The stern has a 24-group battery on the starboard side, 27 gallon gas tank
in the middle and a 3-gallon tank for the kicker on the port side. The
Smart Tabs will not control listing like a hydraulic tabs. I do that by
shifting around my 152 qt. Igloo full of ice. As you can tell, my ass end
is quite heavy (boat - not mine).

On two separate occasion (145 lb. Pacific Blue Marlin, 136 lb. Yellowfin
Tuna) while alone, I was able to put the fish in my 7-foot insulated fish
bag. Once I couldn't boat a 150 lb. marlin because the water was a little
rough and I kept sliding back to the gunwale so I just tied it to my port
side and dragged it back. I adjusted the list accordingly. If your primary
purpose is to control the listing, I'd get hydraulics. Mine was to get the
bow down. Because the added weight in the stern helps during following and
head seas.

Hope this helps.

Ken Tanaka
Pearl City, HI

Ken,

I noticed your name here a couple of times tonight.
Welcome to the group.
Don't take any wooden nickels. )

noah
Ken Tanaka

I also got excellent service from Nauticus. My boat sits outside with no
cover and one of the rubber boot had cracks in them after the warranty
expired, they sent me a pair without charge. 6 mos. later one of the
actuator's shaft was rusting so they sent me a pair complete with boots - no
charge.

People say these Hawaiian waters are saltier than others, don't know if this
is true. I already changed my galvanized 1999 ShoreLander trailer last
year. My new 2002 galvanized EZ Loader shows signs of rust even though I
had it rustproofed inside and out before switching. Cost of living in
"Paradise". Ken

BTW: If anyone wants the CoBra Edge aluminum alloy stabilizer for 70 HP &
up, I'll send it to him/her for free if the pay the shipping (about 6 lbs.).
Has some paint chip and surface rust but serviceable.

"Ken Tanaka" wrote in message
[...]

Setting Trim Position and Trim Limit Switches M.E. General 1 August 5th 03 02:00 AM
Bennett Trim Tabs Customer Service F330 GT General 5 August 2nd 03 02:39 AM
Power Trim JTC General 0 July 29th 03 11:41 AM
Nauticus Trim Tabs Bill Andersen General 0 July 28th 03 10:59 PM
prop pitch/rpm and trim? werlax General 6 July 15th 03 12:40 AM