F330 GT

Default Bennett Trim Tabs Customer Service

Doing some maintenance on my trim tabs today and I accidentally cracked the
faceplate on the pump. I just called Bennett and they told me to come on down
and they'd take care of me. Since they're only about 1/2 hour away I drove down
and they gave me all the parts, o rings, ferrules etc. that I needed. the
amazing thing is that when I tried to pay, it was all no charge.
Can't beat that for customer service. They were so nice I figured they deserved
some free P.R.

Barry
Mikhael

I got simillar service from Moen (the tap people). I needed some parts for
a tap (I had lost them) and they shipped them to me free of charge. They
also sent most of the other parts in case I hadn't described the part well
enough for them.

Mike

"F330 GT" wrote in message
Doing some maintenance on my trim tabs today and I accidentally cracked

the
faceplate on the pump. I just called Bennett and they told me to come on

down
and they'd take care of me. Since they're only about 1/2 hour away I drove

down
and they gave me all the parts, o rings, ferrules etc. that I needed. the
amazing thing is that when I tried to pay, it was all no charge.
Can't beat that for customer service. They were so nice I figured they

deserved
some free P.R.

Barry

Dan Krueger

A friend and co-worker had a similar experience. His very old pump
crapped out so he drove to Deerfield to see if they could rebuild it.
New pumps are in the $300 range. He brought the nasty mess into their
pristine office in a plastic bag. He was greeted warmly and someone
came up front to talk to him. He was told he had two options. He could
take a refurbished unit (that looks like new) for free or pay $100.00 or
so for a new one as a trade. The guy he talked to told him the refurbs
were carefully inspected and tested so he went that route. No charge
and a "new" pump that works great! I will insist on Bennett based on
his experience even if I have to pay more. Great customer service is
too rare these days.

Dan

F330 GT wrote:

Doing some maintenance on my trim tabs today and I accidentally cracked the
faceplate on the pump. I just called Bennett and they told me to come on down
and they'd take care of me. Since they're only about 1/2 hour away I drove down
and they gave me all the parts, o rings, ferrules etc. that I needed. the
amazing thing is that when I tried to pay, it was all no charge.
Can't beat that for customer service. They were so nice I figured they deserved
some free P.R.

Barry

bomar

Our latest Baja came with Boat Leveler trim tabs. So far they have been
nothing but trouble.
If I could find someone I dislike enough I would foist those junk flaps off
on them.
Based on all the great things I have heard here, the Baja forums,
fastboats.info, and firsthand stories I am switching to Bennetts this fall.
Never have heard 1 bad word about the products or the company, ever.

"Gene Kearns" wrote
I don't think I have *ever* heard anything bad about Bennett sales or
service.

A representative of Bennett lurks here in the newsgroup and has chimed
in from time to time to help posters with parts and service.

I have Bennett Trim tabs and if I ever have to replace them, Bennetts
will go back in their place. I'll support people that will support
me....

Quality service after the sale is an almost unheard of service these
days.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures

at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

bomar

Both hydraulic lines from pump to tabs have sprung leaks - one is swollen to
1" diameter where the nylon jacket has separated from the rubber.
The fittings to secure hose to cylinders leak like sieves - had to replace
both with double hose clamps.
Pump leaks
Cylinders do not extend as far as they should
Their response?
Out of warranty.
Other than that, they are okie dokie

"Jack Redington" wrote in message
I have boat leveler tabs on my 95 crownline. Never had a bit of trouble
with them so I have not needed to contact them. Do you mind expanding a
little on the issues you have had and their response ?

Capt Jack R..