M.E.

Default Setting Trim Position and Trim Limit Switches

I am having a small problem with the adjustments. The Seloc Manual is very
unclear in its directions. I am trying to set the T.P and the T.L switches
on the outdrive. Has anyone got an easy way of doing so? I've tried but at
the top and bottom positions, the drive seems to still want to trim. I have
also read there should be 6" from the cylinder to the center of the bolt in
the down position... I get 4 1/2" is that right? I have a 140HP 1977
Mercruiser drive/engine with the 3 button control.

Thanks for the help.

Steve Lomax

Have had trouble myself. I found trial and error works best. I set the leg
at the best trim for cruising and noted the leg position. By rotating the
sender to give the optimal position on the guage worked for me. A couple of
points though...

The 'spline' in the sender will rotate right round through 360. The approx
position must be determined before inserting the spline and sender into the
gimbal ring. If the senser is 180 out it will appear to work but will be too
sensitive to adjust. rotate the spline in the sender through 180 deg.
The same principal can be used for the TP sender. Hope this helps

Steve