BB

Default trim tabs

Let me rephrase that "long trip" to all day boating regardless of distance.
If you travel an hour in rough water to your desitination in a boat that is
tilted to one side, it will seem like a loooong trip if you can't trim side
to side.

"Bill Andersen" wrote in message
I'll be doing the installation of Smart Tabs myself. Read the installation
manual on their web site and it looks like I'll be spending more time
planning and making the initial settings than actually mounting them.
For those who recommend Bennett, I don't disagree that they may be better.
But, we're talking about 18'-19' boats and several hundred dollars
difference in price. And long trips? in a 19' boat? Most of us are

dragging
kids around a lake in a tube/on a wakeboard or going a few miles to a
fishing spot - not on long trips.

"BB" wrote in message
Go with fully adjustable Bennett trim tabs, you won't be sorry. Write

the
factory and tell them what boat and hull design you are putting them

on -
ask for their recomendation. That's the route I took back in the late

70's,
have been very pleased with the result, they always did what I asked

them
do. It's very tiring to drive a boat that is tilted a little off center

when
on plane on a long trip. Being able to adjust trim on plane, when people
move around the boat is a real PLUS.

Bill
"werlax" wrote in message
om...
My next purchase for our 18' bowrider (4.3L Mercruiser, 14x23P, 1.81)
will be trim tabs because I like the idea of planing quicker and a
more level ride for an unbalanced load (like me sitting on one side
and my wife on the other).
Given my unfamiliarity with them, I'd like to know a couple of things.
I am comparing the Smart Tabs by Nauticus and manual adjust trim tabs
with a control at the helm. What reason would I need to manually
adjust the tabs? Will this make my outdrive trim unnecessary if I
were to go with the Smart Tabs?
Thanks for any help!