Default Help! Microsoft Outlook

I loaded the MS Office 2007 on this new computer, along with MS
Outlook for email.

When sending a new message and clicking the 'to' button, the address
book pops up.

In the address book, it's possible to list all the names in the 'last,
first' format. I imported my wife's .pst file after my hard drive
crashed, and her address book list has the names in both 'first, last'
and 'last, first' format. I'd like to put all the names in the 'last,
first' format.

In the old Outlook, there was a way to fix this. I don't remember
where. Is there a way to do it in the new Outlook?

How?

[Please note: If your first name is 'Emperor' or 'Reginald', then no
changes will be made to the order.

"John H" wrote in message
I loaded the MS Office 2007 on this new computer, along with MS
Outlook for email.

When sending a new message and clicking the 'to' button, the address
book pops up.

In the address book, it's possible to list all the names in the 'last,
first' format. I imported my wife's .pst file after my hard drive
crashed, and her address book list has the names in both 'first, last'
and 'last, first' format. I'd like to put all the names in the 'last,
first' format.

In the old Outlook, there was a way to fix this. I don't remember
where. Is there a way to do it in the new Outlook?

How?

[Please note: If your first name is 'Emperor' or 'Reginald', then no
changes will be made to the order.

In Outlook 2203 it's Tools Options Preferences Contacts Contact
Options.

I have no idea if this applies to the 2007 Office version.

On Feb 10, 7:39*am, John H wrote:
I loaded the MS Office 2007 on this new computer, along with MS
Outlook for email.

When sending a new message and clicking the 'to' button, the address
book pops up. *

In the address book, it's possible to list all the names in the 'last,
first' format. I imported my wife's .pst file after my hard drive
crashed, and her address book list has the names in both 'first, last'
and 'last, first' format. I'd like to put all the names in the 'last,
first' format.

In the old Outlook, there was a way to fix this. I don't remember
where. Is there a way to do it in the new Outlook?

How?

[Please note: If your first name is 'Emperor' or 'Reginald', then no
changes will be made to the order.

John, from the main screen in outlook, go to Tools, then Options, then
Contact Options, and there you'll be. Make sure you also check the box
that says something about *check for duplicate contacts*. But, in the
Contact Options, you'll be able to tell Outlook how you want the
address book to behave.

"John H" wrote in message
I loaded the MS Office 2007 on this new computer, along with MS
Outlook for email.

When sending a new message and clicking the 'to' button, the address
book pops up.

In the address book, it's possible to list all the names in the 'last,
first' format. I imported my wife's .pst file after my hard drive
crashed, and her address book list has the names in both 'first, last'
and 'last, first' format. I'd like to put all the names in the 'last,
first' format.

In the old Outlook, there was a way to fix this. I don't remember
where. Is there a way to do it in the new Outlook?

How?

I think this is what you are looking for, but not sure since I don't use it
much:

Hit the "To" button (the address book window opens)
Highlight the person's listing you want to modify by clicking on it.
On the bottom of the address book click on "Properties" Another box opens
with multiple tabs.
Click on the "Name and Email" tab
Click on the drop down button to the right of the highlighted contact.
It will show options for first, last, or last first.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe I screwed up. The procedure I described is how to do it in Windows
Mail, not Outlook Express. Is your new computer a Vista machine? I
didn't know it had Outlook Express in it.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

Actually he was asking about Outlook, not Outlook Express.

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

Ah. I don't think I've ever used Outlook. Don't know anything about it.

Eisboch (recovered now, following a reboot after clicking on Tim's stupid
link)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:39:47 -0500, John H
wrote:

I loaded the MS Office 2007 on this new computer, along with MS
Outlook for email.

When sending a new message and clicking the 'to' button, the address
book pops up.

In the address book, it's possible to list all the names in the 'last,
first' format. I imported my wife's .pst file after my hard drive
crashed, and her address book list has the names in both 'first, last'
and 'last, first' format. I'd like to put all the names in the 'last,
first' format.

In the old Outlook, there was a way to fix this. I don't remember
where. Is there a way to do it in the new Outlook?

How?

[Please note: If your first name is 'Emperor' or 'Reginald', then no
changes will be made to the order.

Thanks to both Loog and the Duck. I've tried what you suggested. But,
it doesn't work. I'm thinking maybe it's because I imported the file
rather than built it from scratch. I've even gone into the 'contacts'
list and rearranged the order, but the address book didn't change.

Whoa. Stop the show. I just reopened Outlook, and the changes have
taken. Outlook must have to be closed and reopened for the changes to
take.

Hey, thanks guys!

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:12:50 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

"John H" wrote in message
[...]

No, not Vista. I had XP put on it. The guy threw in the Vista software
and license, but I had him load it with XP, as he recommended. He
strongly suggested I not load Vista at all, just wait for the next
iteration of Windows which he thinks will be much better.

I got the Outlook from MS Office 2007. They gave everyone where my
wife worked a free copy.

I was looking for a way to change the whole list at one time, not one
by one. Loog and the Duck gave me the right tip.

"John H" wrote in message
I loaded the MS Office 2007 on this new computer, along with MS
Outlook for email.

When sending a new message and clicking the 'to' button, the address
book pops up.

In the address book, it's possible to list all the names in the 'last,
first' format. I imported my wife's .pst file after my hard drive
crashed, and her address book list has the names in both 'first, last'
and 'last, first' format. I'd like to put all the names in the 'last,
first' format.

In the old Outlook, there was a way to fix this. I don't remember
where. Is there a way to do it in the new Outlook?

How?

[Please note: If your first name is 'Emperor' or 'Reginald', then no
changes will be made to the order.

Try this:

http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp