Senior Member

Default Will it be called...,'ECOMCON'?

On Feb 5, 3:19*pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 5, 2:25 pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 07:54:01 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:
Afghanistan will be President Obama's Vietnam.
I heard yesterday that Russia has offered us help in Afghanistan.
Amazing the difference a few years makes.
Yeah that's the ticket. The Soviets did such a good job last time.
That's all we need, to be compared to the Soviet occupation ... more
than we are now.
Unfortunately, there is no evidence the governments of Afghanistan or
Pakistan are even interested in ridding their countries of right-wing
extremist terrorists. After all our years in Iraq, we haven't done the
job there, either. We're not going to be able to remake the Islamic
world in our image.

You need to come out from under your desk, they just had a violence
free national election in Iraq... You mean the Huffington Hoax didn't
report it to you?

Iraq had violence free elections before we got there .- Hide quoted text -

Apples and Oranges, there was only one candidate in those...

"HK" wrote in message

That's right. Bush ****ed up so badly in so many areas, it is going to
take miracles of biblical proportions to save this country.

(in other words, don't blame my party when things don't work out)

What happened to who has the "Watch"? Obama was elected because he
convinced more people that he had the solutions. He will be held
accountable.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

Your boy bush was the ultimate disaster, and it is going to take a
series of miracles for Obama or anyone else to haul this country's
ashes out of the fire.

And what are you concerned with? Obama's failure to be perfect in
every way, as he attempts to shovel through the mountains of Bushschitt.

I'm supposed to take your carping seriously?

Harry, you've been running a daily anti-Bush campaign since he "stole"
the election from Al Gore nine years ago. You have never gotten over that.

That's a long time to be reading your constant, biased Bush bashing.
You have assigned blame to him for everything from bad peanut butter to
lying about WMDs. In other words, if it was bad and it happened on
Bush's watch, it's Bush's fault.

If those are the rules, then the same critical observations of Obama's
performance is in order.
It's his watch.

The reality is that many of us realize that there are a score of others
that can share the blame for the condition of the country today. Your
own party exhibits the same practices as the Repubs when they want to
get their way. Leaders of your party interpreted Intel data exactly the
same way Bush and Cheney did.

Obama is fair game for praise or criticism, just like Bush was. You
established the rules.

Eisboch

When Obama does something as stupid or incompetent as Bush did and there
are terrible consequences, the same sort of criticism Bush got will be
appropriate for Obama.

Bush and Company pooched the country in many terrible ways. In
attempting to make repairs, Obama will get many things right and some
things wrong. Too bad he inherited such a stinking mess.

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:22:17 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

Obama is fair game for praise or criticism, just like Bush was.

Of course he is, but after only two weeks in office ...
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

That's right. Bush ****ed up so badly in so many areas, it is going to
take miracles of biblical proportions to save this country.

(in other words, don't blame my party when things don't work out)

What happened to who has the "Watch"? Obama was elected because he
convinced more people that he had the solutions. He will be held
accountable.

Eisboch

And some important things will improve, and others will take years to
clean up.

"thunder" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:22:17 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

Obama is fair game for praise or criticism, just like Bush was.

Of course he is, but after only two weeks in office ...

There was an interesting article in Newsweek. Obama utilized all means of
modern communications, including the Internet and mass emailing to organize
and gain support during the campaign. Old John McCain didn't know how to
turn on a computer.

But, since moving into the White House the advantage of state-of-the-art
technology for communications evaporated.
Apparently the systems in the White House are old and inefficient. That,
plus the fact that he is now much more isolated from his campaign team, is
resulting in his ability to "organize" becoming much less effective.

Meanwhile, the old school conservatives, used to living without modern
electronic marvels, are using their rotary dial telephones to beat the snot
out of the "Pelosi" plan.

That, by the way, is another interesting turn of events. Obama is being
very careful to give all kinds of credit to Pelosi for the House stimulus
bill. He doesn't want it to be known as the Obama plan.

Eisboch

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:32:15 -0500, HK wrote:

HK wrote:
Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:31:26 -0500, HK wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:34:36 -0500, HK wrote:

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 06:11:03 -0600, thunder
wrote:

Personally, I don't understand the resistance to Obama's 16 month
withdrawal. The Status of Forces agreement has us out of the
cities by June, and out of Iraq in 36 months. Al-Maliki states
an earlier withdrawal if OK by him. The Sunnis seemed concerned
by our leaving, but there seems to be an effort to address their
issues. I mean, Iraq is looking relatively stable, though
fragile, and we can use the manpower in Afghanistan, where things
look to be going downhill.
Afghanistan will be President Obama's Vietnam.
Gad, i love these pronouncements from Mt. Olympus. You're beginning
to sound like BAR. I thought you were a lot brighter.
Consider that in your memory, one of the mightiest militaries in the
world, couldn't keep Afghanistan under it's control
We're all aware of Afghanistan's history. Too bad Bush shot and
wasted our wad in Iraq, eh? Well, stupid is as stupid does.

Ah yes - the famous Harry Krause logic - just call everybody stupid.
--

Happy Holidays and Merry Whatever It Is That ****es Liberals Off.

Well, if the foo schitts...

Bush is an idiot. Worst president ever.

Your boy bush was the ultimate disaster, and it is going to take a
series of miracles for Obama or anyone else to haul this country's ashes
out of the fire.

Well for starters, Bush wasn't "my boy". He was my President just as
he was your President. I also view Obama as my President although I
don't particularly think he was the best choice - Hillary would have
made a better choice in my view even though I wouldn't have voted for
her if you paid me to.

And what are you concerned with? Obama's failure to be perfect in every
way, as he attempts to shovel through the mountains of Bushschitt.

I'm supposed to take your carping seriously?

You established the rules with your constant bull****, name calling,
Bush Derangement Syndrome and obvious poking of the ferret for the
past five years. Beating the drum as it were with the constant
posturing of the neo-liberal outrage about everything and anything
Bush.

Well, what goes around comes around. You made the rules - I'm just
playing by them.

And, if your constant non-sequitars, ad hominem snark and vacuous
repartee are any indication, we're getting under your skin in a big
way.

Can't take it huh Harry? Raising your blood pressure - maybe enough
to make your eyeballs bug out? Are your ears turining red - fingers
trembling in a frenzy of rage as you type out schitts, righties,
'wingers and other pet names for people you disagree with?

When, and if, you reply, do include some comment about my preferred
brand of outboard, my political orientation, add in a few schitts here
and there and make some vague and completely off subject reference to
Republican sex scandals.

Oh and please, by all means feel free to insult my efforts in the area
of photography - I really take your criticism to heart.

Well ok - you caught me on that last one - that wasn't true at all. I
would take it to heart if you knew what you were talking about. Which
you don't so I guess that's out.

Sorry - my bad.

--

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing."

Voltaire

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks. That was refreshing. True and funny.

It's like watching a bad movie over and over and over and over and over
looking for some redeeming value.

Eisboch

HK wrote:
Tim wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I'm supposed to take your carping seriously?- Hide quoted text -

"going to take a series of miracles?"

Obama.

The Messiah.

That's right. Bush ****ed up so badly in so many areas, it is going to
take miracles of biblical proportions to save this country.

It is funny to watch Harry tap after just a few weeks.

--

Looking to for a good time?

click here to make yourself feel good.

http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm

"HK" wrote in message

Iraq had violence free elections before we got there .

Dictatorships are like that.

Note the forth paragraph.

Eisboch

Trip called off... JoeSpareBedroom General 29 November 9th 06 07:50 AM
Rob could be called a Captain Joe ASA 1 November 6th 05 08:16 PM
Rob could be called a Captain Joe ASA 0 November 6th 05 06:39 PM
What is this "pin" thing called? Mike1 Tall Ships 33 November 14th 03 12:32 AM
What is this "pin" thing called? Mike1 General 40 November 11th 03 08:18 PM