Default Sort of Off Topic...

It's going to be an early Spring this year.

Saw a huge flock of geese heading North this afternoon - usually a
sign that warmer weather is on the way.

Also saw two bald eagles patrolling the corn fields this morning -
that's usually an indicator of warmer weather on the way (and the
reason I will now carry a film camera with me from now on).

And the local rafter of wild turkeys has been moving quite a bit - saw
a lot of tracks in the woods this morning.

WHOO HOO!!!

--

I dont know what your problem is, but I'll bet
its hard to pronounce.
Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 2, 4:00*pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
It's going to be an early Spring this year.

Saw a huge flock of geese heading North this afternoon - usually a
sign that warmer weather is on the way.

Also saw two bald eagles patrolling the corn fields this morning -
that's usually an indicator of warmer weather on the way (and the
reason I will now carry a film camera with me from now on).

And the local rafter of wild turkeys has been moving quite a bit - saw
a lot of tracks in the woods this morning.

WHOO HOO!!!

--

I dont know what your problem is, but I'll bet
its hard to pronounce.

Geese around here don't' know which direction to fly. North one day,
and south the next. Only thing I can think of is they're looking for
food. when the snow melts you can see seemingly hundreds of them
sitting in a corn field.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:07:32 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Feb 2, 4:00*pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
It's going to be an early Spring this year.

Saw a huge flock of geese heading North this afternoon - usually a
sign that warmer weather is on the way.

Also saw two bald eagles patrolling the corn fields this morning -
that's usually an indicator of warmer weather on the way (and the
reason I will now carry a film camera with me from now on).

And the local rafter of wild turkeys has been moving quite a bit - saw
a lot of tracks in the woods this morning.

WHOO HOO!!!

Geese around here don't' know which direction to fly. North one day,
and south the next. Only thing I can think of is they're looking for
food. when the snow melts you can see seemingly hundreds of them
sitting in a corn field.

Nope - I refuse to believe it.

Spring is coming early this year.

--

"Do what you can, with what you
have, where you are."

Theodore Roosevelt.

wrote:

[...]

They are forecasting major drought for the west. So early spring? Been
like spring the last couple days. Forecast for rain on Thursday.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:18:07 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Well, la de freakin da...

It's ok though - when the Alaska volcano blows up, it will set off a
seismic reaction triggering the Andreas Fault and California will slip
into the Pacific so who cares.

I bought some potential beach front property in Nevada. :)

--

Time flies when you are sick and psychotic.

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

And we can make a movie about L.A. being a prison city. Oops, already been
done.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Seattle-Ea...ected&id=83155
M$ will have some problems.
And the San Andreas goes from L.A. through the middle of SF into the ocean
and through Tomales Bay. Tomales Bay is actually the fault line separating
the lands. Pt. Reyes actually connected up to the mainland 300 miles south,
and over a few millennia has moved along the coast on the Pacific side of
the fault. Besides the big quake will hit NYC and that may affect you more.

I'm Back (well sort of) JimH General 21 January 23rd 07 02:17 AM
On Topic (sort of) re OT posts Jim, General 10 April 22nd 05 01:01 AM
In and out sort of report Michael ASA 3 November 6th 04 03:08 AM
Sort of on topic - book recommendation Short Wave Sportfishing General 13 January 23rd 04 01:52 AM