Default Bridge loan to nowhere..

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,

H. L. Mencken

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Wall street brokerage house and bankers...

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of all management, and then blow
up their buildings.

No golden parachutes.

Oh...and in all publicly traded corporations, no executive earnings to
exceed 10 times the earnings of the average employee.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:14:20 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...28184421.html?

mod=rss_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and merge
Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Personally, I can't see Chrysler surviving. Ford, yes, and a much
smaller and different GM.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Ford doesn't want them. They are trying to downsize themselves. They've
sold their stakes in Saab, Jaguar, most of Mazda and are thinking of dumping
Volvo.

Eisboch

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:14:20 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...28184421.html?

mod=rss_opinion_main

Wagoner and Nardelli sure have their glum faces on in that picture. I
wonder if they practiced in front of a mirror. ;-)

wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:14:20 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...28184421.html?

mod=rss_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and merge
Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Personally, I can't see Chrysler surviving. Ford, yes, and a much
smaller and different GM.

Exactly. Chrysler hired an outside bankruptcy law firm yesterday. They
are preparing for the inevitable.

GM needs to replace Wagoner. He is so out of touch with reality that he
can't be in charge of
reorganizing.

The Ford guy (ex-Boeing) seems to be a little more pro-active and may be
ok. He's only been there for two years
and has already made some serious changes to Ford's overall business
structure.

Eisboch

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 06:42:19 -0600, wrote:

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:14:20 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...28184421.html?
mod=rss_opinion_main

Wagoner and Nardelli sure have their glum faces on in that picture. I
wonder if they practiced in front of a mirror. ;-)

LOL!!!

Yep.
--

Happy Holidays and Merry Whatever It Is
That ****es Liberals Off.

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 07:25:24 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Ford doesn't want them. They are trying to downsize themselves. They've
sold their stakes in Saab, Jaguar, most of Mazda and are thinking of dumping
Volvo.

That's probably true, but Chrysler does have a few products lines that
would merge very nicely with the overall Ford product line - I'm
thinking Jeep in particular if there was only one. And their design
team could do a lot for upgrading Ford's design group which has been
stuck in neutral for a long time. When was the last time they
upgraded the Crown Vic for example - that design has been around since
1999/2000 I think.

If it were up to me, and it isn't, I'd fold the Mercury/Lincoln lines
back into Ford or eliminate them. There's nothing there that's
exceptional even considering quality - they are Fords - so why keep up
the pretence?

What I find interesting is that Ford is looking like it's the best one
of them all in terms of structure, money and ability to move forward
without goverment money.

Ford may be the last one standing. Which would please me immensely.

I still say that this is a great opportunity for some capital
investment firm to step in and build a new car company from scratch
designed to compete with Honda/Toyota, etc.

I'd be willing to bet that it could be done, start to manufacturing
and distribution, in less than five years.

--

"Far better it is to dare mighty things,
to win glorious triumphs even though

Theodore Roosevelt

wrote:

[...]

The Crown Vic is no longer available to the public. (as of 2008) Ford still
makes them for fleet sales only ... police and taxie cabs. The Mercury
version is still available to the public, but not for long.

Ford will end up with about three global car platforms and trucks.

Eisboch

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:22:04 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Wall street brokerage house and bankers...

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of all management, and then blow
up their buildings.

No golden parachutes.

Oh...and in all publicly traded corporations, no executive earnings to
exceed 10 times the earnings of the average employee.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah...

By the way, when is the UAW going to fire it's Executives for getting
them in this mess to begin with?

--

"Far better it is to dare mighty things,
to win glorious triumphs even though
checkered by failure, than to rank with
those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor
suffer much because they live in the gray
twilight that knows neither victory nor
defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Can I get a boat loan? [email protected] General 1 September 17th 08 05:41 AM
A View From London Bridge - HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 6 August 4th 08 02:49 PM
A View From London Bridge - Tower bridge and Dutch Master ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 0 August 3rd 08 08:56 PM
student loan Iamstudent General 1 January 13th 07 01:07 AM
Yacht Loan and Insurance Rickard General 0 November 17th 04 08:30 PM