Default Bridge loan to nowhere..

"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:14:20 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...28184421.html?
mod=rss_opinion_main
Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge
Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.
Personally, I can't see Chrysler surviving. Ford, yes, and a much
smaller and different GM.

Exactly. Chrysler hired an outside bankruptcy law firm yesterday.
They are preparing for the inevitable.

GM needs to replace Wagoner. He is so out of touch with reality that
he can't be in charge of
reorganizing.

The Ford guy (ex-Boeing) seems to be a little more pro-active and may
be ok. He's only been there for two years
and has already made some serious changes to Ford's overall business
structure.

Eisboch

Sorry, but if we can bail out the useless pushers of paper on wall
street and get absolutely nothing in return, we can help the millions of
real working Americans whose jobs depend on the domestic auto industry.
I don't buy into the concept that bankruptcy reorganization will work
for Chrysler, Ford or GM.

You just want to see what some bankruptcy judge would do to union
contracts.

We're in dire straits in this country. Everyone has to sacrifice, and if
that means nulling and voiding contracts, let's also cut the pension and
healthcare benefits of civilian and military retirees. Right?

Yes, whatever it takes, if a company is in the same condition as the auto
makers.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

On some newscast, I heard that a US Congressman or Senator made the comment
to the 'Big 3' that maybe they were making their vehicles 'too good" and
therefore repeat/replacement sales are slow.
If this is true, what a sad commentary on those in power.

"Boater" wrote in message
Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Wall street brokerage house and bankers...

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of all management, and then blow up
their buildings.

No golden parachutes.

Oh...and in all publicly traded corporations, no executive earnings to
exceed 10 times the earnings of the average employee.

I'd vote for that. I can't believe the compensation some of those CEOs get
while the companies they run are into the dirt.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 08:43:59 -0500, Boater wrote:

D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

You thinking Obama's going to run the government out of business?
--
John H.

"Boater" wrote in message
D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

...and make retired CEOs pay back some of their ill gotten gains.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

The Crown Vic is no longer available to the public. (as of 2008) Ford
still makes them for fleet sales only ... police and taxie cabs. The
Mercury version is still available to the public, but not for long.

Ford will end up with about three global car platforms and trucks.

Eisboch

Oh my...my brother-in-law has been talking about getting a Crown Vic for
years....he is winding down his contruction company and wants a big car to
tool around in.

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 09:54:26 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

On some newscast, I heard that a US Congressman or Senator made the comment
to the 'Big 3' that maybe they were making their vehicles 'too good" and
therefore repeat/replacement sales are slow.
If this is true, what a sad commentary on those in power.

Liberal mentality.
--
John H.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 08:38:52 -0500, D.Duck wrote:

You just want to see what some bankruptcy judge would do to union
contracts.

Direct labor costs are only @10% of the cost of building a car. If you
want to cut costs, labor isn't the place to start.

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:03:11 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

The Crown Vic is no longer available to the public. (as of 2008) Ford
still makes them for fleet sales only ... police and taxie cabs. The
Mercury version is still available to the public, but not for long.

Ford will end up with about three global car platforms and trucks.

Eisboch

Oh my...my brother-in-law has been talking about getting a Crown Vic for
years....he is winding down his contruction company and wants a big car to
tool around in.

One of my golfing buddies was a Cadillac guy (retired Navy...). About five
years ago, Cadillac wouldn't give him the deal he wanted, so he sold his
and bought a Lincoln Town Car. He loves it. He's now looking to see if he
can get a good deal on a new one.
--
John H.

wrote in message
t...
On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 08:38:52 -0500, D.Duck wrote:

You just want to see what some bankruptcy judge would do to union
contracts.

Direct labor costs are only @10% of the cost of building a car. If you
want to cut costs, labor isn't the place to start.

Someone outside and disconnected from management and the labor unions needs
to review and determine that.

What if your fixed labor costs are based on selling 18 million cars a year
but you only sold 10 million last year?

Eisboch

Can I get a boat loan? [email protected] General 1 September 17th 08 05:41 AM
A View From London Bridge - HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 6 August 4th 08 02:49 PM
A View From London Bridge - Tower bridge and Dutch Master ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 0 August 3rd 08 08:56 PM
student loan Iamstudent General 1 January 13th 07 02:07 AM
Yacht Loan and Insurance Rickard General 0 November 17th 04 09:30 PM