Tim Tim is offline

Default Bridge loan to nowhere..

On Dec 6, 7:17*am, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:
On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:22:04 -0500, Boater
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...?mod=rss_opini....

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Wall street brokerage house and bankers...

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of all management, and then blow
up their buildings.

No golden parachutes.

Oh...and in all publicly traded corporations, no executive earnings to
exceed 10 times the earnings of the average employee.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah...

By the way, when is the UAW going to fire it's Executives for getting
them in this mess to begin with?

Now that IS a very interesting quesiton.

As the ship sinks what do the rats do?
Tim Tim is offline

On Dec 6, 7:17*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
messagenews:s3ukj4dksrfj18mrb6l047d3a90lniqpk0@4ax .com...

messagenews:b2rkj4hrnvj4m6p6prft2vp4s3bv7jvpms@4 ax.com...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...?mod=rss_opini...

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Ford doesn't want them. *They are trying to downsize themselves. *They've
sold their stakes in Saab, Jaguar, most of Mazda and are thinking of
dumping
Volvo.

That's probably true, but Chrysler does have a few products lines that
would merge very nicely with the overall Ford product line - I'm
thinking Jeep in particular if there was only one. *And their design
team could do a lot for upgrading Ford's design group which has been
stuck in neutral for a long time. *When was the last time they
upgraded the Crown Vic for example - that design has been around since
1999/2000 I think.

The Crown Vic is no longer available to the public. (as of 2008) *Ford still
makes them for fleet sales only ... police and taxie cabs. *The Mercury
version is still available to the public, but not for long.

Ford will end up with about three global car platforms and trucks.

Eisboch

Ypu mean no more Crown Vic? Oh my ! how about the Town Cars?
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

All this started when they quit the Taurus.

wrote:

[...]

Actually, the Taurus is back. I believe it's a replacement for the Ford
"Five Hundred" which never caught on. The new Taurus is based largely on a
colaborative effort by Ford and Volvo and incorporates many Volvo designs.

Eisboch

wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...s_opinion_main

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and
merge Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Wall street brokerage house and bankers...

Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of all management, and then blow
up their buildings.

No golden parachutes.

Oh...and in all publicly traded corporations, no executive earnings to
exceed 10 times the earnings of the average employee.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah...

By the way, when is the UAW going to fire it's Executives for getting
them in this mess to begin with?

UAW members elect their leadership.

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:14:20 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1228...28184421.html?

mod=rss_opinion_main
Bankrupt them, downsize them, get rid of the onerous contracts and merge
Chrysler with Ford.

No bail out.

Personally, I can't see Chrysler surviving. Ford, yes, and a much
smaller and different GM.

Exactly. Chrysler hired an outside bankruptcy law firm yesterday. They
are preparing for the inevitable.

GM needs to replace Wagoner. He is so out of touch with reality that he
can't be in charge of
reorganizing.

The Ford guy (ex-Boeing) seems to be a little more pro-active and may be
ok. He's only been there for two years
and has already made some serious changes to Ford's overall business
structure.

Eisboch

Sorry, but if we can bail out the useless pushers of paper on wall
street and get absolutely nothing in return, we can help the millions of
real working Americans whose jobs depend on the domestic auto industry.
I don't buy into the concept that bankruptcy reorganization will work
for Chrysler, Ford or GM.

"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

You just want to see what some bankruptcy judge would do to union contracts.

Eisboch wrote:

wrote:
[...]

It's a very nice turnpike cruiser. It could use a bit more displacement
in the engine, I think. I've rented them a few times on trips.

"Boater" wrote in message

Sorry, but if we can bail out the useless pushers of paper on wall street
and get absolutely nothing in return, we can help the millions of real
working Americans whose jobs depend on the domestic auto industry. I don't
buy into the concept that bankruptcy reorganization will work for
Chrysler, Ford or GM.

Most of the members of Congress now realize that in their rush to do
something, they really screwed up the TARP bailout. They won't make that
mistake again.

The fairest and most efficient means to save the auto industry is through a
government (taxpayer) supported, pre-packaged Chapter 11 filing. They
don't go immediately out of business.
Current workers continue working. But, a federal judge will arbitrate new
contracts, vendor payments, and the negotiations required to accomplish
these. Government (taxpayer) financial support can be given subject to
specific uses for the money, as overseen by the bankrupcy court.

It works.

Eisboch

D.Duck wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

We're in dire straits in this country. Everyone has to sacrifice, and if
that means nulling and voiding contracts, let's also cut the pension and
healthcare benefits of civilian and military retirees. Right?

Can I get a boat loan? [email protected] General 1 September 17th 08 05:41 AM
A View From London Bridge - HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 6 August 4th 08 02:49 PM
A View From London Bridge - Tower bridge and Dutch Master ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 0 August 3rd 08 08:56 PM
student loan Iamstudent General 1 January 13th 07 01:07 AM
Yacht Loan and Insurance Rickard General 0 November 17th 04 08:30 PM