Default Bridge loan to nowhere..

On Dec 14, 9:04*pm, Boater wrote:
BAR wrote:
Don White wrote:
"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
messagenews:hb2bk4hajnmh2b1j20bp36dtequoggrqt5@4ax .com...
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:12:10 -0600, wrote:

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:03:17 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

http://www.bls.gov/lpc/prodybar.htm
Well, that's kind of the point. *What data do you trust?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Fine - but what caused the increase? *Something has to change - what
was it?

Who should benefit from the obvious productivity increase - the
company
or the workers?
Historically, when productivity increases, there may be a lag, but
wages
also increase. *What's changed?

The answer to that, is far more devastating to this country's long term
economic health, than the middle-class not getting their share.
You raise some important questions and frankly, I don't have an answer
for you - I'll admit it.

Obviously, its far to simplistic to blame the fat cats and corporate
executives. *Perhaps there has been a fundamental shift in how money
is distributed, the money supply being managed - there's a whole host
of factors that could explain it, but I'm not an economist although I
do play one on TV. *:)

I watch CNBC a lot - in particular the early show Squawk Box or if I'm
out and about, I listen on Sirius. *When you watch two opposing sides
take the same sets of data and make them fit their own agendas and
viewpoints, you begin to wonder if anybody really and truly knows
what's going on.

Now for the really oddball opinon. *I've often suspected that "real
wages" are being sucked up by government in various ways. *I had an
experience Friday that floored me. *I was kind of messing around in
the kitchen and I gathered up the bills for the paper pusher to
handle. *I just started looking through them - there are more fees,
taxes and "adjustments' on my cable, telephone and wireless bills that
I could shake a stick at - easily adding 3-4% to the cost of the bill
and that's before sales/service taxes which add another - what, 6%?

What are all these fees/taxes/access charges doing to real wages?

What's the measure of productivity he's quoting? *Per unit, per hour,
per what? *I would think that if a company over 8 years increased it's
productivity by 20% (which is 2.5%/yr by the way) that's not a
whole lot
considering inflation, raw material costs, etc. *And if your
company has
a high labor quotient to the cost of production, that's almost
negligible.
If you want to consider inflation, real wages have decreased.
Well, I think the last time I could buy a decent cigar for .75˘ was
about twenty years ago. *:)

You should see my water bill. *After all the extras like waste water
management and environmental protection fees aew tacked on, the basic
charge and actual usage fees (per cubic meter) triples.
Unbelievable..

Here in my county you are charged for each gallon of water coming in and
*you are charged for that same gallon of water twice going out as waste.
So if you pay .10 cents for the gallon coming in you get charged for .20
cents for the gallon going out in the sewage line. The next logical
question is why am I charged for sewage for watering my garden and
lawn? *The answer is you can pay about $1000 to get a meter placed on
your sewage to meter your outgoing flow. The meter costs about $200 and
you have to use the water company's licensed plumbers to install the
meter and that costs about $800. So, the grass turns brown in the summer
and the flowers die.

Licensed plumbers? Well, no work there for Joe the Plumber.

You probably should move out of Montgomery County and down to South
Carolina, where the living is easy and thousands of tons of chicken ****
flow daily into the aquifers.- Hide quoted text -

Typical. Harry doesn't live there, so it's awful.

On Dec 14, 5:13*pm, Boater wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:57:41 -0500, John wrote:

In all this discussion, you've never answered the questions asked by
myself or Tom.

A lot of side-stepping, but no direct answer.

Well Colonel, I'm not in the service. *Why in the hell, would I take
orders from you? *Answer your own strawman.

*snerk

These "demands" are mostly an attribute of the righties, several of whom
seem to get indignant when you don't play by their rules. Herring does
this, as does BAR, and a few others on that shrinking side of the fence,
as does Loogy, who isn't a rightie, but is just confused.

I get indignant about your many, many lies.

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:57:43 -0500, RLM wrote:

as the brain trust of the group.

Um....there's a rec.boats brain trust?

Damn...

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:57:43 -0500, RLM wrote:

as the brain trust of the group.

Um....there's a rec.boats brain trust?

Damn...

Well, they have to be stored somewhere.
D K D K is offline

Don White wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
"BAR" wrote in message
Here in my county you are charged for each gallon of water coming in and
you are charged for that same gallon of water twice going out as waste.
So if you pay .10 cents for the gallon coming in you get charged for .20
cents for the gallon going out in the sewage line. The next logical
question is why am I charged for sewage for watering my garden and lawn?
The answer is you can pay about $1000 to get a meter placed on your
sewage to meter your outgoing flow. The meter costs about $200 and you
have to use the water company's licensed plumbers to install the meter
and that costs about $800. So, the grass turns brown in the summer and
the flowers die.

That's the same as here...*buy* why are you worried about costs?

Should be *but*.

So why didn't you type that in the first place, dummy? You are the
group's resident spell checker.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:57:43 -0500, RLM wrote:

as the brain trust of the group.

Um....there's a rec.boats brain trust?

Damn...

Are there brains engaged while typing in wreck.boats?

"D K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
"BAR" wrote in message
Here in my county you are charged for each gallon of water coming in
and you are charged for that same gallon of water twice going out as
waste. So if you pay .10 cents for the gallon coming in you get charged
for .20 cents for the gallon going out in the sewage line. The next
logical question is why am I charged for sewage for watering my garden
and lawn? The answer is you can pay about $1000 to get a meter placed
on your sewage to meter your outgoing flow. The meter costs about $200
and you have to use the water company's licensed plumbers to install
the meter and that costs about $800. So, the grass turns brown in the
summer and the flowers die.

That's the same as here...*buy* why are you worried about costs?

Should be *but*.

So why didn't you type that in the first place, dummy? You are the
group's resident spell checker.

I'm imitating your Lt Colonel.................. "Do as I say, not as I do"

D K D K is offline

Don White wrote:
"D K" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
"BAR" wrote in message
[...]

What the hell are you talking about? Did you take ALL of your meds
today, dummy?

Can I get a boat loan? [email protected] General 1 September 17th 08 05:41 AM
A View From London Bridge - HMS Belfast and Tower Bridge ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 6 August 4th 08 02:49 PM
A View From London Bridge - Tower bridge and Dutch Master ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 0 August 3rd 08 08:56 PM
student loan Iamstudent General 1 January 13th 07 02:07 AM
Yacht Loan and Insurance Rickard General 0 November 17th 04 09:30 PM